Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

so where do we post the entry do we link it anywhere, or just say its the entry in our post?

Please post a link to your entry picture in this topic. It won't be counted otherwise.

In addition to your entry picture, it would be helpful to post the name of your entry as well as the link to any topic of gallery of it that you have.

When it says "no contemporary weapons" what are the limits? An example is the toa marhi blasters aren't too unrealistic but they aren't like a riffle or tank.

I would say if it's modeled after anything from 1950 and onwards it would be off limits. Any weapons or tools from existing Bionicle and Hero Factory sets are clearly fantasy-based and would not have problems with this rule.

Cool, I'm definitely entering, but I have one question... can we collaborate with another person on this? Thanks, this is my first post, so I don't really know how to work this thing...  ;)

No, entries must be created by a single person.

So, just to clarify about the multiple entries, if we enter several MOCs, the one that does best becomes our official entry, and the others are in effect disqualified?

I'm so excited for this! I just hope I have enough parts to build my idea.

Do entries hidden by spoiler tags count?

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

So, just to clarify about the multiple entries, if we enter several MOCs, the one that does best becomes our official entry, and the others are in effect disqualified?

I'm so excited for this! I just hope I have enough parts to build my idea.

We will look at all of the entries, but on one entry per person can become a finalist. What you think is 'best' and what the judges think is 'best' may be different though, so it doesn't hurt to enter multiple MOCs if you have the time.

Do entries hidden by spoiler tags count?

Please explain. There should be no need to put your entry in spoiler tags.

One more question: Only one pic is allowed, but can that picture include multiple frames of your mode? As in, a pic split into four windows, each containing a separate pose of the model?

That would be fine. You're also allowed to include a link to your entry's gallery.

• Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Awesome contest!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm definitely going to enter this!

Looking forward to seeing what you will cook up, man. B-)

By the way this contest is sounding, it seems as if the winning entry may actually be featured in the new story somewhere. At least, that's my explanation of why LEGO doesn't want us to make it look too futuristic. 

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Wow! This is so awesome! A competition for the 14-KARAT GOLD MASK for us fans on these websites. :D All the prizes are fantastic! I will think of entering using LDD or the 3 Bionicle sets I (will) own from Brickset (which are all white in colour lol, but who says the ultimate evil can't be anything other than black/red :D ). It's unfortunate that my Bionicle collection is back home. :( It makes me sad that I won't be able to experiment with this MoC as well as I would like, or make my grand return to MoCing like this should have been. I know I don't stand a chance but this is good motivation to return to it!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Can I, for example, submit 10 entries on BZP, and then another 10 on another site, and then another 10 on another site. Or something like that? Are we allowed more than 1 entry?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

If I somehow manage to win, I will sell the mask to Mask Collector.

As evil as this sounds, if I have to choose between having a tiny gold mask and having my college paid for...

Sold. :(

(Odds of me winning are ridiculously low, though.)

So we have to have our model made with 75 percent Hero Factory parts?

It can have old Bionicle parts too, if you are fortunate enough to have them. 

I may try this. I'm not sure if it will be any good, since I'm low on parts and probably would have to resort to LDD, and I do have higher priorities. I'll see. 

Hey so does the villain in question have to fit into the Bionicle universe stylistically? Or does anything go as long as it's an Original Character™

EDIT: also ridiculous sci-fi laser rifle things, yes/no?

As long as it doesn't violate any of the items in the rules, original characters should be just fine.

RIdiculous sci-fi creations are okay; it's weapons that bear an uncanny resemblance to real military hardware that aren't allowed.

Are prototype parts allowed? I have a few I won in a contest here a few years back and I had a nice idea to use some, but I'm not sure if it's allowed or not.

Prototypes are fine.

Can we enter on more than one site? Like one entry on two different forums? Or would that be frowned upon?

You can enter a MOC on more than one site, but it can only advance on one site.

Can one villain be two smaller villains? Like a villainous duo? Also, if we choose to enter here, where should we enter?

Only one villain per entry, please. Entries are to be submitted in the Entry Submission topic.

Would it be acceptable if I did a MOC based off a videogame character?

No:

Copies of/or in other ways infringements relating to any exi

sting third party property or any other intellectual

Copies of/or in other ways infringements relating to any existing third party property or any other intellectual property right will not be eligible for the competition

So we have to have our model made with 75 percent Hero Factory parts?

At least 75% of your entry must be Technic/constraction elements. You're more than welcome to have a higher percentage, of course, but that's the bare minimum.

Can I, for example, submit 10 entries on BZP, and then another 10 on another site, and then another 10 on another site. Or something like that? Are we allowed more than 1 entry?

Yes; however, only one of your entries can advance per site, and the same entry can't move on to more than one site's judging round.
  • Upvote 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Oh great, I ordered a bunch of parts, but they won't reach my country until December 19th... And the first back is barely enough to make a decent one... I'll just dish out as many LDD creations as possible, even though I never used it before...

Erm, how does LDD work.. What is "rendering"?

I missed these opportunities in the past, never again.

Edited by Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Do I have to use LEGO rubber bands? Those are expensive. :(

Erm... This is good and all, but when are the hundreds of trans-Haus being given out?