Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

I'm totally entering this. Just one question. Can your build include a large steed type creature from which the actual villain gains his "umph" from? Like on the lines of Vezon and Fennrak? Cuz what I have in mind right now is some super cool dude riding some massive monster. I'd be a little disappointed if it wasn't aloud... If so, I could just build the monster, but that would be kinda lame in my opinion. And I do acknowledge that entered MOCs are to contain only one villain, but what about just one villain who also just so happens to be riding a super cool monster?

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

I'm totally entering this. Just one question. Can your build include a large steed type creature from which the actual villain gains his "umph" from? Like on the lines of Vezon and Fennrak? Cuz what I have in mind right now is some super cool dude riding some massive monster. I'd be a little disappointed if it wasn't aloud... If so, I could just build the monster, but that would be kinda lame in my opinion. And I do acknowledge that entered MOCs are to contain only one villain, but what about just one villain who also just so happens to be riding a super cool monster?

Or the villain could be fused to the monster, like Vezon, again.

Erm... This is good and all, but when are the hundreds of trans-Haus being given out?

I'm sorry solid gold masks and signed sets aren't good enough for you. You'll have to wait and see what else is in store.

It is just that there are only 6 gold masks, and a couple signed sets... and hundreds of users. It is very unlikely that I'll win a gold mask... I can try, but I doubt it. Since BZP has a lot of trans-Haus, it seems I would have a better chance at those.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Are pieces obtained from NYCC allowed?

Yes, they are allowed.

Does the 75 percent include bionicle parts?

Your MOC bust be at least 75% constraction parts. This includes Bionicle, Throwbots, Hero Factory, Ben 10, and Marvel, DC, and Chima ultra-builds.

That would be okay, just remember the judges are focusing on your villain.

Hmm... I guess this what happens when you're so into canon stuff... I can't think of anything good, because something in the back of my head keeps saying, "ITS NOT CANONNZZZ!"...

Define 'villain'. Can it just be a rahi? Rahi were villains in 01'.

Can it be based off of an existing species/character from BIONICLE? eg. Fikou of Ultimate Power

Edited by Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Ooh, I'm gonna enjoy this.  Probably gonna lose horribly, but I'll be gosh-diddly-goodness-darned if I don't do it in style.

Edited by Tufi Piyufi
Don't bypass the filter.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Hmm... I guess this what happens when you're so into canon stuff... I can't think of anything good, because something in the back of my head keeps saying, "ITS NOT CANONNZZZ!"...

Define 'villain'. Can it just be a rahi? Rahi were villains in 01'.

Can it be based off of an existing species/character from BIONICLE? eg. Fikou of Ultimate Power

It needs to be a big, bad, evil character. Simply entering a Rahi isn't likely to impress the judges.

Basing it off of something in Bionicle is okay.

I am from Mexico, Can i participate?

Certainly!
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Do we need to use LEGO rubber bands?

Erm, how exactly do you identify whether one is legit or not...

If a part of the piece is slightly chipped from rough playtimes from 4 years ago, will that count as a "modified piece"?

Erm, how exactly do you identify whether one is legit or not...

If a part of the piece is slightly chipped from rough playtimes from 4 years ago, will that count as a "modified piece"?

There's several varieties of rubber bands that appear in Lego sets but aren't often seen otherwise. The green Bohrok rubber bands, for instance, don't have a commercially-available counterpart. Plus, office supply rubber bands stand out.

An element that's chipped like that won't disqualify you, but it's not giving your MOC the best presentation, either.

Ok... my villain is nearing completion... It will be ready for submission soon... and I'm hoping it can stand up to challenge the rest of these entries, because a lot of the users on here are professional builders. But even if I don't make it to to 3rd place, at least I will have built an awesome MOC. :P

:sly: <<<STILL DETERMINED

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Whelp, looks like I'm going to be buying that huge lot of Bionicle parts a lot sooner than I originally planned...

And my bedroom floor is going to be nigh-on impossible to navigate for the next two months, too.

IT'S TIME TO GET THIS GOING.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Erm, how does LDD work.. What is "rendering"?

"You may build in LDD, but we will only accept rendered versions of the LDD files."

Does this mean ctrl+K for a screenshot in LDD's view mode, or an LDD model rendered in a animation program like Blender/Mia?

LDD submissions should not have the 'grid line' background. They should be clear images of the model on a clean background (although, as mentioned elsewhere, you are free to edit the background and your image). Tufi and I are not LDD experts, so if you are looking for help on how to do that I suggest you ask your fellow members or search around online.

"You may build in LDD, but we will only accept rendered versions of the LDD files."

Does this mean ctrl+K for a screenshot in LDD's view mode, or an LDD model rendered in a animation program like Blender/Mia?

LDD submissions should not have the 'grid line' background. They should be clear images of the model on a clean background (although, as mentioned elsewhere, you are free to edit the background and your image). Tufi and I are not LDD experts, so if you are looking for help on how to do that I suggest you ask your fellow members or search around online.

Ctrl+k leaves no grid lines but is low quality. If you are like me and are inexperienced with 3d software I would recommend LDD to pov-ray converter (Even LEGO Ideas recommends it). It turns your LDD file into a pov-ray file. Then you open the pov-ray file in pov-ray, tell it the image size you want, and it will export it as a picture. :smilenuhvok:

Ctrl+k leaves no grid lines but is low quality. If you are like me and are inexperienced with 3d software I would recommend LDD to pov-ray converter (Even LEGO Ideas recommends it). It turns your LDD file into a pov-ray file. Then you open the pov-ray file in pov-ray, tell it the image size you want, and it will export it as a picture.  :smilenuhvok:

If you have the newest LDD update, LDD to POV-Ray will not work; it will try to read a piece LEGO deleted for redundancy and quit. Unless anyone knows a fix, I'm afraid LDD to POV-Ray is out.

Just when you think the hype train might actually slow down a bit, it finds a way to accelerate

I just found this yesterday afternoon, and knew right away I'd be entering despite having a pretty dismal record at this sort of thing. Good thing I'm going home for fall break, where I'll have access to my collection (plus maybe some of my siblings'  :sly:). I've already got a backstory and the beginnings of a design for an entry that won't win in a million years, and I'm ready to go down swinging!

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I'm definitely going to enter this!

Looking forward to seeing what you will cook up, man. B-)

By the way this contest is sounding, it seems as if the winning entry may actually be featured in the new story somewhere. At least, that's my explanation of why LEGO doesn't want us to make it look too futuristic.

I have something in store already that I'm submitting to this contest. Seeing that we can enter multiple entries I'm definitely going to build something entirely new though! Great to hear of your excitement towards my entry already :D

@Staff: Where should I post my entry/entries?

• Upvote 1

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

Hey, where do we summit the moc?

Printed/stickered pieces are okay, right?

And can I use a piece exclusive to one (non-bionicle) set?

Like a Hero Factory set?

No, actually an Exo-Force set.

Well, if it's unmodified official Lego it's allowed, right?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

As long as they're official Lego stickers.

If it's an official Lego element, it doesn't matter how many sets it's been released in.

Hey, where do we summit the moc?

Like a Hero Factory set?

I'm definitely going to enter this!

Looking forward to seeing what you will cook up, man. B-)

By the way this contest is sounding, it seems as if the winning entry may actually be featured in the new story somewhere. At least, that's my explanation of why LEGO doesn't want us to make it look too futuristic.

I have something in store already that I'm submitting to this contest. Seeing that we can enter multiple entries I'm definitely going to build something entirely new though! Great to hear of your excitement towards my entry already :D

@Staff: Where should I post my entry/entries?

Entries get posted in the submission topic.

I'd like a clarification on how the whole 'you can post your entries on all of the sites at once but win on only one.' How is the site you win on determined? Wouldn't multiple people posting their creations on multiple sites kinda mess things up? For example another person and I post on both BZP and EB. Would one of us be eligible to win on BZP and the other on EB? If so, wouldn't posting on multiple sites artificially boost your chances of winning?

I'd also like to know if there really is not any kind of limit to the amount of submissions? So in a theory I could participate with over 100 different creations from all of the different sites?

if you can build over 100 different, unique, interesting, and well thought out villain models within the contest limits, you probably deserve your own separate prize. :0

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'd like a clarification on how the whole 'you can post your entries on all of the sites at once but win on only one.' How is the site you win on determined? Wouldn't multiple people posting their creations on multiple sites kinda mess things up? For example another person and I post on both BZP and EB. Would one of us be eligible to win on BZP and the other on EB? If so, wouldn't posting on multiple sites artificially boost your chances of winning?

The judges did not want to deal with a situation where someone enters the same creation on multiple sites and then either:

a) We have to go ask them which site they want their entry to count on.

b) We have to outright disqualify a potentially awesome entry.

So instead we allowed people to enter on multiple sites. Representatives from the six sites will pick the top five MOCs from each site together. If the situation arises where one MOC is in the running for the top five on multiple sites, we will pick one site for it to be in the top five on and remove it from the potential candidates on the other sites. Since it is a mixed panel of judges, it will hopefully remove any bias towards an individual site or builder.

I'd also like to know if there really is not any kind of limit to the amount of submissions? So in a theory I could participate with over 100 different creations from all of the different sites?

In theory, yes, but I'd be impressed if anyone did and they were all high enough quality to be considered for the top five on all of the sites. Multiple entries were allowed again because the judges did not want to have to worry about cross-checking all the entries for the same person entering multiple times.

Am I able to enter a creation on my eleven year-old brother's behalf?

I will have to get back to you on that.

Ok, thanks for the help! :D Time to get LDDing.

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

Ok, thanks for the help! :D Time to get LDDing.

Looking at someone else's response to my post is right ldd to pov-ray may not work (unless ldd to pov-ray has been updated). If it does not work a screenshot would be a good final resort. Make sure you have "high quality rendering of bricks in scene" checked in your ldd preferences so it doesn't look as bad.