Hitman XII: Maskmaker

Axilus Prime

Bionicle Hitman XII: Maskmaker

The plot

A long time ago, on the mythical island of Otoko (not Okoto, the two are often confused), there lived a society of Toa. Among these Toa were six Mask Makers, who created Kanohi masks for all to use. They each specialized in the creation of one type of mask, a task at which each excelled. However, this lead to debate over which Maker created the best mask. The competition grew fierce, with each believing that his mask was the greatest of them all. None could convince the others that his mask was supreme, so they devised a tournament to determine the winner. Several warriors, each with a mask of their choosing, would fight to the death. Surely the mask the victor had chosen was the greatest. No? Well, too bad. They're fighting to the death anyway.

The game

In Hitman, you are attempting to assassinate all of the other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the murder method you will use in your assassination attempt. You have six methods of murder to choose from.

Gun
Warhammer
Sword
Element
Poison

Explosive

You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the murder methods and corresponding numerical values (one through seven). For example:

Gun: 1
Warhammer: 6
Sword: 4
Element: 3
Poison: 2
Explosive: 5

This is your resistance profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. When someone attempts to kill you, I will roll a die. If the number falls below your resistance for the chosen weapon, you will survive. If not, you die. For example, if someone targeted you with an explosive, I would roll a die. If my die landed on anything below 6, you would survive the attempt. If you were targeted with a knife attack, and I rolled below 4, you'd live. If this requires any clarification, let me know, and I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Each round will take about 48 hours, including plenty of time in which to PM me your target and weapon of choice. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

What happens when multiple people attack the same target?
I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive first dibs on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.

What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?
There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.

The twist(s)

As you should know now, this is a tournament of Toa, revolving around six types of Kanohi mask, to determine which mask power is greatest. Or so those conceited Mask Makers hope, anyway. But I think you're all more interested in determining which warrior is greatest. So, to that end, each of you will send me, along with your resistance sheet, your choice of mask. Each player will start with one mask from this list.

Mask of Rebirth: One time use. The user will survive the first attempt on their life that would have been successful. The mask will lose its power after this, and can never regain it.

Mask of Aggression: Allows the user to target people at twice the usual rate, meaning they pick two targets per round.

Mask of Vengeance: When the user is killed, the mask's power will activate and kill the user's killer as well.

Mask of Defense: The user of this mask may choose one method of murder (which may never be changed) to be completely invulnerable to.

Mask of Absorption: Allows the user to draw strength from those they kill, permanently boosting a resistance of their choice by one point every time they kill someone.

Mask of Power: Boosts the attack power of the user, meaning when I use the RNG to determine the user's attack's likelihood of succeeding, I will add +1 to it before calculating results. This makes the user more likely to get a kill.

Now, when you get a kill, the mask of whoever you killed will come into your possession. When you have multiple masks, in addition to PMing me your target, you will PM me the mask you will wear that round. To keep things simple, though, you can't have two of the same mask. Ever. If a kill would result in you getting duplicates, the mask will just end up being destroyed in the process of the murder.

Oh, and even though it won't affect your chances of winning in the slightest, include your choice of element in the PM, so I know what to do if you perform an elemental attack.

So, choose your masks wisely, and good luck to you all! (Even though that really doesn't help anyone since the amount of luck everyone has is increased by the same amount.)

The payroll

These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated targets are crossed out.

Payroll
1. Neo ShadowVezon
2. Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
3. Makuta Luroka
4. Voltex Oblige
5. Zakaro
6. Chro
7. Captain Caboose
8. Phoenix Zero
9. JAG18
10. Pulse Trijhak
11. Kopekemaster
12. An/A Blade
13. Aiwendil

The rules

1. Use only a single PM to send in your targets - that is, don't start a new PM each round; just add a reply to the existing PM.
2. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.
3. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling the RNG. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.

Edited by Axilus Prime
  • Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Gonna take spot 13... But, how are some elements more op than the basic ones? =P You could flash-freeze someone, drown someone on land, force all air out of someone, and so on. xP

Will send res when on laptop.

Awesome. But remember to include your mask and element with your resistance sheets, guys.

Gonna take spot 13... But, how are some elements more op than the basic ones? =P You could flash-freeze someone, drown someone on land, force all air out of someone, and so on. xP

Will send res when on laptop.

Well, you could use Iron to control the enemy's body, even make it grow sharp protrusions inside itself, use Magnetism to control them to a lesser degree, crush them with Gravity or send them hurtling into space, melt through anything in the blink of an eye with Plasma....only Psionics, Sonics, and Jungle seem fair, but at that point it just seems right to keep it simple.

Besides, creating a vacuum is hard unless your power is specifically Vacuum. Standard Air users would need more concentration and energy for that...so much, in fact, that I'd venture a guess they could only do it to one person at a time.

Hmm. I wonder.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

In!

Also, this is just me being nitpicky, but... why not assign canon Kanohi to the masks in the game? :P

Rebirth -> Undeath
Aggression -> Speed
Vengeance -> ???
Defense -> Shielding
Absorption -> Scavenging
Power -> Possibilities

Vengeance is the only one I'm not sure on, but I guess it could be Mind Control or something (causing the killer to make themselves die as well as the target)...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

In!

Also, this is just me being nitpicky, but... why not assign canon Kanohi to the masks in the game? :P

Rebirth -> Undeath

Aggression -> Speed

Vengeance -> ???

Defense -> Shielding

Absorption -> Scavenging

Power -> Possibilities

Vengeance is the only one I'm not sure on, but I guess it could be Mind Control or something (causing the killer to make themselves die as well as the target)...

Because the Mask of Undeath isn't true Rebirth, the mask of Shielding doesn't block only one type of attack, the mask of Scavenging provides a temporary boost rather than a permanent one. You may have a point on Speed and Possibilities. Mind Control is definitely way too forced, especially since it doesn't work after the user's death. Plus I'd have to explain why they don't just force the enemy to kill themselves right off the bat.

Overall it just seems simpler not to use canon masks for this. Plus, these Mask Makers wouldn't be so boastful if their creations weren't entirely their own.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Spot 11, please.

Also, how can an element be too 'overpowered' if you're the one writing the scenes...? Given that we are killing people here, I'm not really sure why that would matter anyway...?

Edited by Pulse Trijhak

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Some elements have the capacity to be used for "instakill all the enemies at once" methods the others cannot be used for. Mainly Iron and Gravity. I can't think of an excuse why those wouldn't be used, so I just took them out of the equation.

But if someone has a good enough excuse, I'll use that and then open up the full pool of elements. Like I said, you're free to change elements any time before the game starts.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Could be limited by power of plot. Maybe someone is too honorable to instakill without a fight, or gets surprise-attacked without being able to destroy their enemy, or maybe they're just low on elemental energy from fending off other attacks. :notsure:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Could be limited by power of plot. Maybe someone is too honorable to instakill without a fight, or gets surprise-attacked without being able to destroy their enemy, or maybe they're just low on elemental energy from fending off other attacks. :notsure:

Doesn't work well enough, that's all extremely circumstantial, and all of that would have to be shoehorned in. Hmm. We could say that Gravity is extremely energy consuming to use, Iron can't control living metal, and Plasma moves super slowly/has high energy consumption.

That would reduce the power of those elements to around the level of the other stuff.

So yeah. All element restrictions are now lifted, with that solution in mind. Any who wishes to may change their element...now.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

...Didn't know that. Whoops.

---

Chro ran through the jungle, listening well for a target. At first he thought he heard something, but then he realized that was just his own running. It continued on like that a while longer when he heard someone else running in the opposite direction. With a powerful sonic wave, he knocked the dense brush aside, revealing another Toa. "There you are!"

The female Toa of Lightning looked at Chro, surprised at having been found so quickly. "Karzahni..." Blade drew a blade and charged at Chro. However, Chro was so glad at having found a target that he burst into song, which boosted by his Sonics power proved sufficient on its own to shatter Blade's armor, grind flesh, and make her ears bleed all at once. In seconds, she was dead, and Chro hadn't even hit the chorus yet.

Caboose was lucky enough not to be in the path of the sonic wave, though he had the great displeasure of hearing it just the same. "I will cleanse the scourge of this foul singing from this island!" he said with knightlike conviction. He charged at Chro from the right, drawing his Holy Sword of Okoto, for only something so holy could withstand such terrible singing. He aimed for the neck, but Chro spotted him and deflected the blow with a warhammer. Fearing that Chro might burst into song again at having found another target, Caboose darkened the area with his Shadow powers to prevent himself from being seen.

He escaped and stopped using his powers, though perhaps a moment too soon. Kopekemaster spotted Caboose the instant he was visible again and charged at him with a sword. Caboose responded in kind, and they both ran with swords outstretched to clothesline the other. The impact, however, knocked Caboose's sword away, and shattered Kopekemaster's because it was not holy enough. Knowing he could not win without a sword, Kopekemaster simply continued running to escape Caboose.

Chro, however, sensed Kopekemaster's approach with his Mask of Aggression. "More prey!" He charged, drawing his warhammer. Kopekemaster tried to stop his run so as not to charge straight into a blow to the face, but he instead slipped and fell. Chro easily adjusted his aim to swing down at his target, but instead of smashing Kopekemaster's skull as intended, his hammer collided with Luroka's. His singing had drawn much attention, and now both Luroka and Pulse were here.

Pulse didn't wait a second. He ran full speed at Luroka from behind while drawing a hammer of his own. He swung at the Toa of Shadow's back, but to his surprise, Luroka dodged, slammed his hammer into Pulse's wrist, and caught the hammer when Pulse dropped it in pain. "Hammers are popular today!" Luroka said while Pulse, now disarmed, had to run away. He whirled around and struck Chro in the face with Pulse's hammer, shattering his Mask of Aggression, then continued his spin and split Chro's skull with his own hammer. "But it seems no one but me knows how to use them!"

Kopekemaster continued to run, but by now he was getting tired. Pulse, on the other hand, fueled by his Mask of Aggression, would reach his next target no matter what. He hurled a fireball at him, only for it to suddenly change course and hit him in the face. "ARGH!" The explosion sent him rolling away and crashing into a tree. "How the ###### did that happen?!"

Burnmad was burning mad when he saw that his redirection of Pulse's fireball had failed. He moved closer to kill him up close and personal, but Pulse got up, melted through the section of the tree he had crashed into, and caused the tree to fall toward Burnmad. "Timber!" Pulse yelled, running away. Burnmad jumped aside, but once he had evaded the falling tree, Pulse was long gone.

"Screw you and your trees!" Burnmad nearly gave chase, but then his Mask of Aggression alerted him to a much closer individual who was hiding in a bush. Without warning, the bush Aiwendil was hiding in was engulfed in flames and completely incinerated, along with the Toa hiding within. Satisfied, Burnmad grinned and left.

Phoenix Zero spotted Voltex and ShadowVezon fighting to the death with their fists. Blood covered both their faces. It was the perfect opportunity for a kill. He drew his Z-Saber and prepared to charge, but before he could swing it, it was knocked from his grip with a hammer from behind. "WHAT-"

JAG caught the sword and impaled Phoenix through the back of the thigh with it, pinning his leg to the ground. "You won't get away from me!" He raised his hammer and brought it down with both hands, breaking Phoenix' spine. Phoenix slumped down, completely limp. 

Zakaro saw Caboose taking a rest. Apparently the Holy Sword of Okoto was quite heavy. Seizing his chance, he charged with his Warhammer, intending to hit Caboose in the caboose. Before he could do so, however, he was pushed aside and trampled by Phoenix Zero and Aiwendil. "Wha--aren't you people dead?!" In the other direction, he could see JAG facepalming, too frustrated to even give chase.

Voltex punched ShadowVezon in the face, ducked under a punch, and launched into a barrage of blows against his stomach. To finish, he grabbed each side of ShadowVezon's head and pulled it in while swinging his knee up. The knee slammed into ShadowVezon's face and sent him falling to the ground. "I'LL KILL YOU!" he bellowed, clearly enraged.

ShadowVezon simply laughed. He pulled out a can-shaped grenade and tossed it at Voltex, then crawled away. The can started releasing a visible gas Voltex could only assume was deadly. He countered it, however, by concentrating exclusively on that spot. His elemental power of gravity pulled the air there, including the gas, to the ground. By the time he managed it, ShadowVezon was long gone, but Voltex spotted Kopekemaster running by. "Eh. Why not." He released the gas and jumped away. Kopekemaster inhaled it, and abruptly stopped running. Oddly, he started laughing. He laughed louder and louder, even collapsed to the ground, rolling on the ground laughing. He laughed louder and louder, rising in pitch until no more sound could be heard. Voltex simply watched with a raised eye-ridge. What kind of poison is this?

Kopekemaster continued to laugh until it was simply a quivering, soundless, airless movement. Now, he could no longer breathe. Shortly after, he died of suffocation. His body's last energy, however, did not go to waste. It was all sucked into his mask, and Voltex's head promptly exploded.

Meanwhile, two warriors wearing Masks of Aggression sensed each others' presence. ShadowVezon, recovered from the melee barrage he had been subjected to, was again on his feet, now holding a warhammer and charging at the master of warhammer fighting himself, Luroka. "Why so serious?" he taunted.

When they were close enough, they both swung. The heads of their hammers collided between them, knocking both of their arms away. Shocks were sent up both of their arms. "Rrrgh!" Luroka grunted. Then he noticed that ShadowVezon was laughing at the pain. Infuriated, he took another swing.

ShadowVezon knocked the hammer downward to the left by striking it in the handle, near the head but not on it so as to avoid getting shocked again. He brought the hammer up again for a horizontal swing, which Luroka evaded by dashing back. "Well. You're good at this," he said with a grin.

"More than you know," Luroka replied. With a battle cry, he rushed forward, and ShadowVezon did the same. Luroka swung his hammer from his right. ShadowVezon swung from his own right...and there were two loud shattering sounds at the exact same instant.

The hammers hit the ground, followed by the bodies, each with a gaping hole in their heads.

---

Casualty list:

An/A Blade

Kopekemaster

Voltex Oblige

Aiwendil(Reborn)

Chro

Neo ShadowVezon

Phoenix Zero(Reborn)

Makuta Luroka

No one gets a mask because everyone who got a kill is dead! You all have approx. 48 hours again.

Edited by Axilus Prime
  • Upvote 3

Pk57sNJ.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhehehehhehehehehhehehehehhehehehehhehehhehehehehhehehhehe

hehehhehehehhehehehehehhehehhehhehehehhehehehhehehahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah!! oh ho ho ho aaaahahahahahhaha

What a glorious way to go out. That mask of vengeance was an excellent choice.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)