karzahni

Loving it, really great piece. I've seen that mask before, was that yours or did someone already custom one before? Regardless, really great build. Liking tyre arms...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I want this. Seriously. I'd pay for the instructions, then go find all the parts on Bricklink (except for that mask). Well done. That's a brilliant picture of pre-Pit Karzahni! /gush

Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

*gasp* Is that some knex pieces I see on the mask? ...!

But no, seriously, this is great. You did a fantastic job with the mask.

The rest of the set is incredible, too. I really like how you used Fenrahk's head as shoulder plates.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Good gravy, that's impressive! Very well done, and the mask looks amazing! My only qualm is he looks too clean lol if you were to rub some soot or scuff him up somewhat it'd make him look more creepy and deranged. But other than that, he's perfect lol

• Upvote 3

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I've seen far too few MOCs of this guy, so I immediately loved this when I saw it on Deviantart. It's the best depiction I've seen of him, and your Olisi looks great (though I'm not sure about the Hau). He looks very imposing and solid. Great job!

love the custom mask there! The whole model looks so much like the BIONICLE: World illustration - you've perfectly captured Karzahni. The fact you've added those older technic parts helps with Karz's more ancient feel, too, and the burning chain's studs are a very nice touch.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Yep, this looks awesome. I quite like the work on the custom mask. In general, it really feels like what you've built here could be mutated into the set of the character's later form that we did get. He looks appropriately strong and intimidating.

If I had to find one thing to nitpick, the really smooth arms don't quite feel like they fit with the rest of the build (unless one things of them as separate gauntlets and not a part of its biology, so really, tiny nitpick). But there's so much more I like, like the skull shoulder pads, use of good use of the classic torso piece, and even his little toes heh.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, this looks awesome. I quite like the work on the custom mask. In general, it really feels like what you've built here could be mutated into the set of the character's later form that we did get. He looks appropriately strong and intimidating.

If I had to find one thing to nitpick, the really smooth arms don't quite feel like they fit with the rest of the build (unless one things of them as separate gauntlets and not a part of its biology, so really, tiny nitpick). But there's so much more I like, like the skull shoulder pads, use of good use of the classic torso piece, and even his little toes heh.

~|ET|~

yeah those smooth bits are supposed to be armour. pretty much if its silver or grey its armour

Karzahni_being.png

tumblr_negcprE6MH1sxjngho1_500.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is an epic MOC by all means. However, I think a 3D-printed Karzahni mask would have been more fitting. I don't think it's too difficult to commission one of them, and for the purposes of making custom masks I think it beats breaking precious LEGO pieces. In any case, great MOC, once again.

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 2

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Yes. Just yes. This guy is incredible! I'm sure it's been said a lot already but amazing job on the mask. From my (likely newbish) experience with custom parts they usually turn out very odd and unnatural, but you managed to put it together very well. Great job again and congrats getting onto the news page.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

You deserve the recognition you're getting for this piece. I haven't actually seen an image of Karzahni in years, so as I clicked through to this topic I was trying to remember his details. For some reason, some gold feels missing, but I think this may have been more from the lighting and shading in the comics.

Mask - risky move that paid off. It can easily look too much like "oh he just cut up a mask" than "he made a new mask!" You definitely achieved the later.

Pleasure to have seen this MOC.

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

Great job! Probably my favorite part of the MOC is that the bulk of it (besides the arms) is complex and unique, but still looks like it could be an actual Bionicle set. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Congrats on making the front page with your MOC! B-)

As others have said, you've really captured the look of Karzahni before he was mutated by the Pit. The silver and green color scheme flows well together, and his mask looks great too. (Its makes me wish it was a actual mask. :) )

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wow, I wish we could've gotten this set instead of the actual one we recieved! This is very well done, and I congratulate you on the custom mask, because it looks almost official. I especially love the forearms you built on this MOC as well...

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

cool

Edit: Agreed! But please leave some more specific feedback next time.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

This really is spot-on. Comparing it to the official picture, the horns aren't curved quite right, and the forearms are the wrong color/missing spikes. Everything else is pretty much perfect though, and I really can't fathom anyone doing a better job. The Knights Kingdom parts on the face are genius, seriously you did an amazing job on the mask.

IetTsFQ.png

That is an epic MOC by all means. However, I think a 3D-printed Karzahni mask would have been more fitting. I don't think it's too difficult to commission one of them, and for the purposes of making custom masks I think it beats breaking precious LEGO pieces. In any case, great MOC, once again.

:tohu:

I completely agree. 3D printing is cheap and easy, with websites like shapeways. But if you were going to cut masks, Why didn't you use kongu and matoro inika's masks, or just paint one hau? Not to be critical, though. Amazing moc that's beyond my ability.

I need to buy this! :lol: This is one of the best mocs ever! I just love how he looks like he is a bulky warrior wearing big fancy renaissance armor (unlike medieval armor, renaissance armor is much more plated, covering, and flexible, not to mention as fancy as this being's namesake.)!

My only qualm is that the ankles seem bare and skinny, looking to be quite unprotected in comparison to the rest of him. As a 'perfectly okay to ignore' side-note, if you want the set to be more accurate, you could paint his 'belt buckle' the same shade of green the rest of him is. :)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Very impressive MOC! I love it! Karzahni looks very great!:) It looks very accurate from the Bionicle World book, even though that he wears green and blue armor, not green and silver. I like the custom mask, too. Gold color would make him look very great, also, because he wears that in a book, Bionicle Legends #2: Dark Destiny.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

wow guys thank you :D i'm flattered to have made front page!

when i set out to make this moc i made some guidelines. i wanted no paint to be used,

no ccbs, and a great colour scheme. thats why i used the masks that i used, so i didnt have to paint. nothing looks worse on an moc than two slightly different shades of the same colour. also i had a distinct idea about the phisique, the model itself it hunched and not well... i dont know... muscled? this is compensated by strategically placed armour to make Karzahni look like a very physically imposing figure. the illustration in the bionicle atlas was my main inspiration, as well as some studies of that-one-cactus's artwork (which is where i got inspiration for the cape and horns being part of his head, not mask), so that's why i made him green and black with silver armour.

tumblr_negcprE6MH1sxjngho1_500.png

Love this, not only for the use of older pieces which makes him look like he belongs to the older Bionicle universe, but also for customization! For a MOC of this scale it is definitely necessary to deviate from purism, and I applaud the cutting and gluing for the mask. I do wonder if Karzahni were made to scale with the Toa, however, if whole masks could be used, stitched together with tubing, to form a larger mask...

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva