Chimoru Theta

black3467

Disclaimer: I am well aware of the many "flavors" of Chimoru that exist, I am okay with another. Hopefully I managed to pick an unused name.

This is a kit I designed years ago and it's been sitting around in my drive collecting dustbytes. So now give unto you, the surprisingly underwhelming, Chimoru Theta.

theta_version_2.png

The style was modeled after alpha with a bit of twist.

Credit of course goes to Dark709 and Gerlicky (six shade) the numerous contributors after them.

Edited by black3467

biobanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

The original six shade guy was Gerlicky.

WHO DARES SPEAK THE NAME OF GERLICKY, THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF SIXSHADE CHIMORU!? QUAKE WITH FEAR, MORTAL SPRITERS!

aaaaaaaaanyway back in my day I would've likely torn this apart, but I'm not like that now which is better for both of us. It doesn't look to me like you really plan on updating or improving at all; you mostly seem to be just throwing this out as a bit of a lost artifact of sorts. Thus, I kinda didn't really want to give my two cents on this, but I guess I will anyway.

I don't really have a lot of criticisms, actually, but the biggest thing I'm picking up here is how similar it looks to Chimoru Alpha. Then again, I'm probably seeing it wrong because I'm viewing it on a smartphone and it tends to make images ridiculously blurry. Also, the color palette strikes me as being a little off, although that's because I'm a bit of a stickler for colors, and that's one of the things you don't need to improve on... again, considering you're going to improve this at all.

So, yeah, that's all I have to say. You can heed it... or you don't have to, it doesn't really matter to me, I guess. I've definitely seen (and, actually, probably made) worse Chimoru expansions. This one's not bad. Could be better, but it's not terrible.

Oh, yeah, and I don't remember any Chimoru Theta before this topic, although I wasn't really keeping track of them when that was still a thing.

*Returns runic pixels to bag*

"The summoning is complete, he has arrived."

I didn't realize I'd bring forth a member from the glory days, I feel honored. Anyways... I actually modeled the kit after Alpha, I liked the design but wanted something different. The deal with the colors is I always hated the shininess that six shade brought, so I made something a little more muted.

I'm glad theta wasn't taken already, mainly because my backup name was "Chimoru Futon."

biobanner.png