Value of NIB Kiina

Makuta Miras

i'm American, so i don't really know how pounds work, but based on the time of release and the original price i'd say he could get around £12-15 for it.

That is a bit high.  Maybe 9-11 GBP (14-17 USD).

i'll trust your judgment on this, but i do want to add: the set came out five years ago and it's NIB. i'd think that would merit a higher starting point than the original price?

Edited by Arc

i'm American, so i don't really know how pounds work, but based on the time of release and the original price i'd say he could get around £12-15 for it.

That is a bit high.  Maybe 9-11 GBP (14-17 USD).

i'll trust your judgment on this, but i do want to add: the set came out five years ago and it's NIB. i'd think that would merit a higher starting point than the original price?

They where never valued at much higher sadly.  I sold one privately recently and I got about 16 USD for it.  IDK, I will look around on some markets...

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

A quick Bricklink search reveals that Kiina sets listed as new, which generally means sealed, have sold for US$17-$22, or £10-£14, in the past six months, averaging out to $19 or £12. That's not to say it's impossible to sell it for much higher, but it might not be entirely reasonable.

Recent canister-sized sets, even sealed, usually don't sell for that much. Older sets can sell for upwards of $40 though; in general, the older the set, the less common it is to find it sealed and thus the more it sells for. So, if your friend wants more for it, advise him to hold on to it for a couple of years (although a difference of $10 might not be worth the wait).

-Letagi