~♥~ Kokoro no Ice ~♥~

GSR

Actual author's note before you read this: I am so, so sorry in advance.  Janus, you better enjoy this, because it's gonna take about thirty years of humanitarian service to regain my dignity.

---------------------------------------

A/N: i Was inspired by this ending song from my favorite anime, inuyasha… I Really Thought Inuyasha and Kagome were a lot like Kopaka and Gali, so I wrote this.. hope you like it!!!!

A/N2: "kokoro no ice" means "heart of ice"... and "kokoro of ai" means... well you'll see!

Tell me babe, how many times do I shed my tears?
Every Heart, every heart is not a gentle yet

It was a darkest night on the snowy frozen slopes of Ko-koro and Toa Kopaka was alone.  Like always.  Ordinarily this made him happy, but tonight he was too alone. 

He looked down at the photograph in his pendant.  Tears rolled down his mask.  Why… why did it have to end like this... why couldn’t I tell her sooner…

His tears were cold, like falling snow, like his heart.  But his heart had been warmed before… by one person… the one person he could never see again.

“Gali,” he whispered to the wind. 

Shall I do, I can never say my loneliness
Every Heart, doestn't know so what to say or what to do

She was so beautiful the day he met her… here eyes had been like golden orbs, like perfect spheres, like the sun in his sky, they melted his heart in an instant.  She was so perfect, so smart and wise, while they had been surrounded by idiots… he had known it was destiny they would be together some day.  She was his angel, he knew that…

But he couldn’t tell her, not then, and now… not ever. 

Was afraid of darkness cause I felt that I was left alone
So I prayed for help to distant million stars

He remembered the day she had come to visit Ko-koro… it had been storming that day, to match the storm in his heart.  He had used his powers to stop the snow, and she had laughed, her voice so perfect, so beautiful, hearing it was like he was set free, it was like he never had to be alone again…

“Kopaka,” she said, and his mouth had frozen solid. 

“Yes?” he asked.  I love you, he’d thought.

“Isn’t the snow beautiful?”

Not as beautiful as you, he’d thought.  Instead he’d just said, “yes,” and turned away.

Because…

Round and round the planets revolve around the sun
And we always seek after love and peace, forever more

“I love Gali, brother,” Tahu had said to him one night.  “I’ve made up my mind.  I’m going to ask her to marry me, to become the second Toa of Ta-Koro.”

Kopaka had felt his heart freezing over once more, like a dark night.  She doesn’t love you, he wanted to shout, she loves me

But it wasn’t true.  It could never be true.  She loved him, not him…

Growing, growing, woe baby we can work it out
Look up at the sky, every heart is shining on today

Pohatu didn’t understand. 

“You don’t understand!” Kopaka had shouted.  Nobody understood his pain… nobody even noticed… especially not her.  His pain was like a mountain of agony, locked away in his heart for all eternity.

“I was better off alone!”

Show me now, what kind of smile do I come across
Every Heart, every heart can take a step towards the dreams

It wasn’t fair, he thought.  Ice and water were the same, they were meant to be together.  But fire melted ice, it turned it to water.  As long as there was fire, he could never be with water…

What if there wasn’t fire? Said the darkness in his heart.  If Tahu was gone… she would be yours…

“No!” he shouted.  The darkness was the Makuta; he slashed his sword, and the Makuta vanished from the air. 

But the darkness wasn’t just the Makuta… it had come from him as well…

“I’m sorry, Gali…”

All of us, what to take a lasting happiness
Whenever you feel sad, I wanna hold you and give you a sound sleep

He didn’t go to their wedding – it would hurt him too much, to see them so happy, to know he could never make her happy like that, to know he could never take Tahu’s place in her heart.  He stayed in the village, in the cold, where he belonged.  Alone.

He looked up at the moon; it was like him, stark-white and alone, surrounded by stars it could never touch.  He imagined the moon loved the earth like he loved Gali, but the earth loved the sun and the sun loved the earth, like Gali loved Tahu and Tahu loved Gali. 

His tears stained his mask, and he felt like the moon was crying too…

Someday every heart's gonna be free and easy
We have peace of mind
Someday all the people find the way to love

“Why don’t you ever come down from the mountains any more, brother?” she asked him.  He had hardly been able to bring himself to meet her, but he had to go on… had to hide the pain.  They still had to defeat Makuta some day. 

“Because… because I don’t need to,” he lied. 

“Kopaka, I’m so worried…” 

His heart bled at her words, and before he knew it he had opened his mouth.  “Why… why couldn’t you worry sooner… why can’t you worry for me like you worry for him?”

“Kopaka!?”

“I – I’m sorry Gali, forget I said anything – “ he turned and ran away.  Away from her, away from his pain, away from the world…

Goes and goes, the time goes on we are not alone
We live on together and we will find some precious things

It had been a year since Tahu and Gali had married, and half a year since he had seen her.  The Makuta had begun his attacks again, and the Toa were needed.  They had gathered at Ga-Koro.  Tahu and Gali were holding hands, and he looked away, trying not to think of himself in Tahu’s place, of what it would be like to feel the warmth of her hand warming his own.

“The Makuta has begun his attacks again,” said Tahu.  “We need to stop him, once and for all.”

“How?” asked Pohatu.

“His lair is deep within the island.  We need to fight him there.”

“But are we really strong enough?”

“We have to be.  But if we’re not, Turaga Vakama has told us there is another way… a Mask of Time.”

They all gasped.  Kopaka had never known there was such a thing.  “Where is it?”

“Here,” Tahu said, and took it out.  It was orange and chopped up like Swiss cheese, but it was the most powerful thing Kopaka had ever seen.  “It’s dangerous, the Turaga says, but we don’t have a choice.”

“Who will wear it?”

“I will,” said Tahu. 

“Be careful, Tahu,” Gali said.  Kopaka felt his heart cracking again.

“I’ll be fine, Gali.  I promise I won’t hurt you by not coming back.”

“Oh, Tahu…”

“I need some air,” he said, and left the hut.  Went where nobody could see his tears. 

Sometime we will smile sometime we will cry somehow
Don't forget believing yourself, tomorrow's never die

The Makuta was so strong it was terrifying.  His darkness left them unable to see, and his Rahkshi nearly killed them all.  Kopaka used his ice powers to freeze one that was attacking him, then looked around for Gali.  She was fighting off another.  “Gali!” he yelled, and charged at it.  He couldn’t let anything happen to her.  If he lost her he would never forgive himself.

Just then the Rahkshi burst into flame.  Tahu grabbed Gali and pulled her away just in time before the Rahkshi activated its special self-destruct.  Kopaka felt his own heart tearing in two at the sight.

There is the warm heart places on my mind
In my earlist day's there and it's so sweet

“You Toa,” cackled the Makuta, “do you really think you can defeat me? I am the darkness in all of you!”

“No!” shouted Kopaka.  “You’re wrong!”

The Makuta cackled again evilly.  “No, Kopaka.  I know your darkest secrets, and you know I know them.  I know there’s something you could never tell your teammates.”

“That doesn’t matter!” he yelled.  “I won’t let you hurt them!”

He charged the Makuta, but he made a tentacle and slapped him back into a wall.  His head almost shattered from the impact.  “Kopaka!” Gali yelled. 

He pulled himself up on his blade.  No… I can’t die here… I can’t let the Makuta win… I can’t leave her…

There are many stars they have talk with me so kind
They say yes always time's a friend of mine, so shine

“Now,” said the Makuta, “let me answer your darkest wish, Kopaka…”

He gasped, but it was too late.  The Makuta had made another tentacle and slammed Tahu onto the round.  It looked like he wasn’t breathing.  “No!” he and Gali yelled.

He tried to stand, but he was too weak… why… why did he have to be weak now. 

“Now,” said the Makuta, “it’s time to get rid of this fire-breathing thorn in my side once and for all… night-night, Tahu…!”

Round and round, the planets revolve around the sun
And we always seek after love and peace forever more

“Noooooo!” Gali yelled.  She had put on the Mask of Time.  Time slowed around her as she leapt in the way of the Makuta’s spear.

“Galiiiiii!” he yelled, but there was nothing he could do.  The Maktua’s spear pierced her chest, and he felt his own heart shatter with it.  He screamed and charged the Makuta, stabbing him with his ice sword. 

The Makuta gasped.  “How can this be?”

Tears fell from his eyes, hot as the sorrow in his heart, “You took away the one I loved, Makuta… I can never forgive that…!”

The Makuta roared as the blade froze him.  He shattered.  The Makuta was gone.

Growing growing, woe baby we can work it out
Look up at the sky every heart is shining all today

Tahu was cradling Gali in his arms.  “Gali, please, please don’t go…” he whispered.

“Tahu,” she said, “I love you so much… I’m so glad you’re safe…”

Kopaka ran to their side.  “Gali, hang on, we’ll get help-!”

“No, Kopaka,” she said.  “I… have to go.  It’s my time.  This was my destiny… Makuta is gone now.”

Kopaka’s tears fell again, like a crystal waterfall on a moonlit night.  His angel was dying, and there was nothing he could do.  “Gali, you can’t die.  I – I –“

But it was too late.  She closed her eyes.  Tahu roared out in agony, and Kopaka felt his own heart shatter forever, like the ice it was made of.

Goes and goes, the time goes on we are not alone
We live on together and we will find some precious things

Now… now it was all over.  Makuta was gone, but it had cost him his angel. 

It’s all my fault, he thought sadly.  If only I had been brave enough to tell her I loved her… we could have been together… Makuta never would have attacked Tahu like that, and she would have been safe.  But I was too much of a coward. 

His tears fell like snowflakes.  The cliff in front of him went down forever.  All he had to do was take a step, and his pain would be over forever.  Nobody would miss him, and now that Makuta was gone, there was no need for a Toa. 

He closed his eyes.  It was time to go…

“No, Kopaka!”

He gasped.  It was her voice.  He opened his eyes.  She was floating there in front of him.

“Gali!” he yelled.

“Don’t do it, brother… it’s not your fault.  I always knew how you felt…”

“Then why… why didn’t you tell me…?”

“I loved you both, Kopaka, but I couldn’t hurt Tahu like that.  I loved him too.  And you were always so strong.”

“I wasn’t strong!” he yelled.  “I, I was so weak… there was nothing I could do… I couldn’t even save you…”

“No, Kopaka.  You let me be happy with Tahu.  That was the strongest thing I’ve ever seen anyone do.” 

His years were falling again.  “Gali, I…”

“Kopaka… I don’t have long.  But you have to go on.  Someday you’ll find someone new...”

“I can’t, Gali!” he said.  “I – I love you! How can there ever be anyone else!”

“I love you too, Kopaka,” she whispered.  Her voice was fading and so was the rest of her.  “That’s why… I want you to be happy.”

“Don’t go, Gali!”

But she was gone.  He fell to the ground, his tears flowing like the Nile.  His heart had melted to nothingness.

But – but in the end, he had gotten to tell her.  Maybe that was enough.

Maybe it was time he made a new heart… a new kokoro no ai, in place of his kokoro no ice.

“I love you, Gali, and… thank you…”

Sometimes we will smile sometime we will cry somehow
Don't forget believe in yourself, tomorrow's never die

--------------------------------------

Actual author's note 2: to be clear, when I was younger I adored this kind of fic.  The above was written with a loving nod, not a mocking... frown? That sentence got away from me.

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 13

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

You giant nerd.

This is why you shouldn't be friends with me, because this is what I will do for you on your birthday.

• Upvote 9

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

nate

this was literally painful to read.  I felt physical discomfort while reading this.

that you put yourself through what I can only imagine was some form of trauma, to try and traumatize me on my birthday....

well it's the sweetest thing ever.  Love U <3

• Upvote 10

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

You giant nerd.

This is why you shouldn't be friends with me, because this is what I will do for you on your birthday.

you didnt do this for my birthday :(

this moved me emotionally. there are tears in my eyes; if i was wearing a mask, I am sure those tears would stain it.

that said, everyone knows pohatu is the only one who can melt kopaka's frozen heart, so im gonna have to dock you points for that

9/10 kutgw

• Upvote 9

Sniff... Well at least the part about the chopped up swiss cheese Vahi was funny, right guys? Heh... (Goes back to crying over Gali)

I liked this but, also disliked it at the same time. I don't like fics where one of the Toa Mata dies, but this was so well-written...

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

ew het

tahu/kopaka 4evah

why you let that b-word gali get in the way?

0/10 would not recommend

(I can't stop laughing and I have no idea why I've read this and still haven't read your Krahka/Onewa story because I AM THE WORST KRAHKA MAY MATA NUI OR WHATEVER FORGIVE ME)

Edited by Little Miss Krahka
  • Upvote 9

If I had a cool thing to put here

I would put it here

Probably not though

It'd probably be some dumb meme

Maybe some hipster-tastic lyrics

Who cares

so nate how does it feel knowing that this is one of your more popular stories?

Great right?  It feels great.

That's good.

• Upvote 2

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

that said, everyone knows pohatu is the only one who can melt kopaka's frozen heart, so im gonna have to dock you points for that

9/10 kutgw

ew het

tahu/kopaka 4evah

why you let that b-word gali get in the way?

0/10 would not recommend

Believe me when I say I put a lot of thought into whether or not to go for the yaoi end.  Don't think I wasn't tempted.

... Please move this to short stories.

don't think I wasn't tempted

I have that song in FLAC on my computer.

along with every other Inuyasha song

Wind, will... will you be the Kagome to my Inuyasha?

I've never seen an episode of Inuyasha in my life, I can't even be entry level anime garbage, I'm sorry

I have it as a midi.

only acceptable if you embed it in your MySpace

(I can't stop laughing and I have no idea why I've read this and still haven't read your Krahka/Onewa story because I AM THE WORST KRAHKA MAY MATA NUI OR WHATEVER FORGIVE ME)

you are an unacceptable Krahka

so nate how does it feel knowing that this is one of your more popular stories?

Great right?  It feels great.

That's good.

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:

And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

• Upvote 5