Bionicle Graphic Novels

Bambi

DO NOT GET THE PAPERBACK VERSIONS. Everything you read was true. The glue-job is absolutely horrendous and falls apart through just the first read.

The hardcover copies, on the other hand, are very quality and worth every cent. They're nice little packages, but not worth getting if you already have all the comics. There is the issue that many of the arcs remain unfinished due to the marketing nature of those years and having their stories wrapped up in films (2003-2005 and 2009) and Papercutz does not make any effort to fill you in, so just a fair warning.

However, issue 6 and issue 8 are MUST-HAVES. Hydraxon's tale is great, plus it's the only printed-version of Comic 6 in the Ignition Saga. And finally, Comic 8 is just 3 completely new stories depicting events on Bara Magna like the Core War, giving canon appearances to the Battera and Elemental Lords, and has some extraordinary art by Christian Zanier. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Oh, sure, noooow you guys want to buy the Graphic Novels =P.

GN8 is definitely worth it (and GN6, for the Hydraxon's Tale" short). The glue job isn't too bad; I got some first run paperbacks and abused them for scanning purposes, and they're still together.

Oh, sure, noooow you guys want to buy the Graphic Novels =P.

GN8 is definitely worth it (and GN6, for the Hydraxon's Tale" short). The glue job isn't too bad; I got some first run paperbacks and abused them for scanning purposes, and they're still together.

Hey, I always wanted them. I just didn't want to pay full price. :P

Really, I'd just like to get them all up to the Metru Nui storyline, since I have the rest of the comics after that. Not too interested in the '09 storyline...

I also recommend issues six and eight. They are two of the three graphic novels that I own. (The other being issue nine.) Issue six has the exclusive Hydraxon story, as others have said. And issue eight is all new content not seen anywhere else, which includes images of the Baterra, which are cool to see IMO. Also, it tells why Malum was exiled and gives more info on the Core War and Shattering. 

I would definitely recommend issue eight if you have a chance to get it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I recommend them 100%. The graphics novels, despite their smaller page size, are the best and most efficient way to enjoy the comics; and as stated before, they have more content than the individual issues.

I collected all nine in paperback as they released and read through them many times without any glue issues. That being said; treating books kindly will increase your milage. :pakari:

[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

I recommend them 100%. The graphics novels, despite their smaller page size, are the best and most efficient way to enjoy the comics; and as stated before, they have more content than the individual issues.

I collected all nine in paperback as they released and read through them many times without any glue issues. That being said; treating books kindly will increase your milage. :pakari:

My #6 fell apart upon first opening... I still say Hardcover is the way to go. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg