RPG: Frostbite

IC: Lavinia Carter

"So, Noel, are we going to take this further?" The salt and pepper haired man asked as he placed a hand on Lavinia's thigh.

Ugh, why are old men always such creeps? Well... I guess it is my fault for letting him take me home, but work is work. 

"Noel?"

Oh, right. Noel is what she had told him her name was. "I'm sorry... I was just admiring you and I guess I got lost in my fantasy." She replied shyly.

"A fantasy? About me? Do tell."

"Oh it is so embarrassing... but for you..." She giggled teasingly. "We were kissing and..." Lavinia spun a sappy little story she thought he'd like to hear; it apparently was because he became a lot more handsy. 

"And then what?" He asked.

"Then I put my arm around you like this..." Lavinia explained as she put her arm around his neck, resting on his shoulder with her left hand on the right side of his throat. "and then...I slit your throat."

"What? S-Slit my throat? If you're into S&M stuff like that... I can't if my wif-"

It was too late. A soft Kachik  signaled that the blade in her left arm had extended, cutting right across his jugular. As he began to bleed out, Lavinia quickly moved away as to not get dirtied by his blood. "Right... What was it I was supposed to tell you? Oh! Mr. Smith says thank you for trying to steal his data... uh... something about your mother having relations with animals... oh and he hopes you have fun in the fiery pits of the Underworld. Personally, I think a quote from Inferno would have been better there." She sighed as she grabbed her coat and headed toward the door.

She was long gone and very much deeper into the city by the time the man's wife returned home to find her dead husband. 

IC: Petra Ingram

Petra exited the cramped Lev car, noting with passing the lukewarm air formed between the air conditiong of the Lev car and the air conditioning of the station.

Petra found herself on the side of the boulevard. She took a spot on a bench outside a café and started perusing a newspaper, a paper cup of reasonably priced coffee beside her. Well, it certainly looked like she was perusing the newspaper.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC:

A reply appeared in Adriana's inbox.

"Bethany Tate, a private investigator who violated her most recent contract. She was last seen fleeing from the Kasper New Series apartment complex in Laquearia and has gone off the grid, but it won't be long before she's back on."

The message was accompanied by a list of online accounts known to belong to Bethany.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

Ic:

Arcadia Kiskowski groaned as she rolled out of bed, reaching out and slamming the snooze on her digital clock, which she had rewired to be the off button. She rolled out of bed, crawled into the shower and quickly bathed, dressing for the day afterwards.

She checked the answering machine. No new calls, no new jobs. Her computer's email was the same. She was one of the seeming few that still had home computers. A... Disadvantage, for sure. Then again, she had set up her own home defenses. Looking out over the scrapyard, she observed her most recent catch.

A beat-up old hovercar. One of the oldest models, unstable engine, dented frame, the works. Current tech had made the thing obsolete. It looked as if someone had tried to turn it into one of those hot-rods that were popular at the end of the last century.

To Arcadia, it looked like a piece of . Still, it was good money. The core would sell, the rest of the scrap could be fixed up for parts, or melted down and sold off for some construction project.

She grabbed her cup of coffee for the morning, grabbing her coat and throwing it around her shoulders.

Just another day for Arcadia Kiskowski.

IC - Adriana Oswell - Medius

The assassin continued on her way home.

"How much are you paying?"

IC:

A man with a trenchcoat covering his body, a thick scarf ensnaring his face, VR Goggles masking his eyes and a brimmed hat covering his head approached Petra Ingram and sat next to her.

"I hear Igneous is making a lot of money these days," he said, his accented voice muffled by the scarf.

IC: Petra Ingram

"So it would seem, with an influx of rich Bulgarians," Petra casually answered, as she glances at the man. He was completely concealed, head to toe.

"So, how much?" She asked. It could be a query on the revenue of Igneous, or a confirmation that this was the contact. She let him make of it what he would.

IC:

The thing shuddered, the sound of straining servos echoing from somewhere deep inside it. A family of rats shot out of its nooks and crannies, fleeing in all different directions and hiding behind bits of scrap scattered among the yard. This close to the object, Arcadia could see that someone had rather crudely painted the words "melt me" across its surface.

Edited by Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

67tlbk.png

"I should have emphasized the "how" in my previous message. You went from 100,000 rubles to 10,000 rubles. Unprofessional. 25,000 rubles or we're done."

IC: Chad Mulligan

Chad bumped into Antso Queso as he attempted to find a seat in the café.

IC:

The cloaked figure dangled a keychain in front of Petra. An electronic key was attached, bearing Igneous' logo, with 'XC-80' engraved below; one of Igneous most expensive sports hovercar.

With his other hand, he pointed to a building down 22nd.

"Top of that building. You'll find something quite valuable. It'll be even more valuable once you're finished."

IC:

Lavinia's phone began to ring.

Edited by Perpetual Darkness

OOC: :P

"I'll need 5000r of that amount transferred to my account beforehand. Insurance purposes. Any specific method you'd like her dispatched with?"

IC: (Cloaked Stranger)

The figure sighed, palming the keychain and holding it out instead of dangling it in front of Petra.

"This is one of Igneous' most expensive models, parked on the roof of the building over there. Consider it an advance payment. You can do whatever you like with it; sell it, keep it, I don't care. Your instructions are on a note inside the vehicle."

He stopped her before she could say anything further.

"You're going to ask, 'what's stopping me from just taking the car and running off?' and I'm going to tell you, 'The car will be over ten times as valuable after you finish your task.' Clear?"

His hand was still holding the keychain up.

IC: (Lavinia Phonecall)

"That was a nice piece of work there; impressive. You really do take pride in your work, don't you?"

IC:

While most of the rats fled from Arcadia and tried to hide among the scrap, a few of them didn't. Instead, they stayed near the melting pit, occasionally sniffing the ground and scuttling back and forth, but mostly just staring at the bubbling scrap heap. There was something...off about them. Every time one wandered beyond a certain distance from the pit, it would sharply turn as if pulled by an invisible string and resume its observation of the strange scrap.

67tlbk.png

IC:

Sloan, not wanting to believe his eyes, walked over to the envelope and picked it up tenuously. He looked back over to his partner, made to open it...and then thought better of it, walking back over to Beef and holding one half of the envelope out.

"We'll open it together," Slo said, trying to keep his tone in check.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Noted."

She disabled her VR display and headed home at a slightly more brisk pace.

IC: Chad Mulligan

"Excuse me, sir; terribly sorry. I, uh..."

He stared at the man, as if caught in a trance.

IC: (Cloaked Stranger)

"Good luck."

The figure got up and began to walk away.

IC: (Lavinia Phonecall)

"I admire your art, just as you do the same. Are you willing to spin more of your web, black widow?"