Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"I don't know..." I replied, uncertain, "...an assignment like this requires a certain degree of tact, and cunning. I think it's safe to assume that this... specimen... is lacking in those areas." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tube - Gym

Tube quickly found their Master again and held out the rope. "Here is rope, Master! The shiny one told me to give this to you so I don't break anything else. Oh, and I have this!"

With their other hand, they launched another bolt from Thornpierce toward a far corner of the ceiling. There was only the faintest clatter of impact before the bolt returned to its place again.

IC: Tear - Gym

Crate's showmanship earned only the minutest raise of an eyeplate from Tear. "Adaptation, level two," he replied simply.

IC: Garrotte - Gym

"Oh," Garrotte replied. "I am afraid of the dark."

IC: Reda - Gym

"That is Pyle," Reda nodded toward him, "and I am known as Reda." She then turned to look at Waiata expectantly. "Waiata?"

Edited by Click

IC: Vlad / Gym

Wait really?

"Vell, er... I guess ve vill continue to get along, zen," the glowing Vorahk remarked.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

A spike-launching gauntlet was remarkable anyways, but one that magically returned the spikes? "I'm impressed," the worthy Turahk asserted. "Was that just lying about in the Armory?" He hadn't thought such elaborate weaponry so freely supplied.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Kororia - Gym

“Thank you!” She looked up to her newest friend. “We have a full team now! We should make up a team name!”

Aza hadn’t said anything for a while. Maybe she felt left out? She asked her, “Do you want to choose the team name?”

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Crate - Gym

Good. That's everyone. No secrets.

The grin turns into more of a satisfied smile now.

"As for my qualifications, I am particularly skilled at distractions if I do say so myself. Combat....I am not afraid to admit that I tend to struggle with. Of course, I'm sure the rest of you can make up for where I lack." In truth, this wasn't a cheeky suggestion. They had better, because they are mad if they think I'd risk my neck in an assignment of all things.

IC: Paladin - On the way back

I carried the crossbow on top of a small box of ammo and began to make my way back to the gym. I had assumed Aerahk could handle anything else that he required.

IC: Thud - Gym

Thud brightened up slightly as Mute reassured him. 

The rahkshi's small blue eyes circled the gym, looking for groups that had a member missing.

"4-1 is.........2? 6? 3. Yes, 3!"

Edited by Jayne Cobb

"It can't even subtract one from four properly. That mind is too simple."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Oh no, I found it on my hand!"

IC: Garrotte - Gym

She nodded to Vlad, but couldn't help but remark, "You are strange."

Tear's eyes narrowed. "Not if we're going to have to drag your useless armor through the assignment."

I can almost taste the poison leaking from Tear's mouth. I'd usually be delighted but this time his anger could lead to me being injured.

"Unless you want somebody who is likely to be overpowered on the front lines, I'd suggest you make do, Tear." I slur his name, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Or are you stupid enough to fail the assignment for the rest of us because you didn't know your teammates strengths?"

I step closer to him.

"I distract. Is. That. Clear?" My voice is devoid of any humour.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

Tear knew right in that moment that this Rahk was going to be a problem. If he couldn't be straightened out now, he would tear this team apart.

His eyes never wavered under Crate's glare, and he made his own step forward that nearly brought their faceplates together. "And what happens when your back lines become not so safe? Can I count on you to 'distract' your way around a blade, 'distract' the attackers before they kill us? You are a liability until you learn to get your hands dirty. Is that clear?"

He allowed a degree of anger to heat his words. It was easy as he looked down on the pitiful specimen that, had this school been as Mother had said, would have been crushed long before now.

• Upvote 2

For a few moments we stare at each other, both of us daring each other to make a move.

Then, my eyes brighten, and I smile again.

"Okay!"

I begin to walk off, whistling to myself.

IC: Paladin - Gym

I arrived back to Thurisaz, with the crossbow and ammo.

"I see Tube has delivered what I told him to." I noted, dropping the weapons down on the floor.

IC: Glass

It was a short walk to his room, but I felt like an eternity. So many questions! And here Xara was acting like her return was nothing big, although she was technically right. He wondered if it was an act, after all, making a big ruckus about her return from the resistance wasn't exactly a good idea.

A nagging voice(not the usual ones) put forth another possibility: could it be that all the work he'd put into helping Xara open up and be more sociable was undone during her stay Outside?

Before he could continue down that road, they'd reached his door. As he opened it, a blur of sand-brown shot out from the room and latched onto Xara.

"Sand!"

IC: Sand

"Meow." The taciturn Shallows Kitten said. Despite his muted words, his snuggling against Xara made it clear he was glad she was back.

IC: Floor

Normally I have to put people against each other to see what sticks and what breaks apart. How... Fortunate to see my work done for me.

Floor watched the ongoing argument, silently appraising his new teammates. Crate was certainly affected with a sense of self-entitlement, unwilling or unable to excel in the most basic of Rahkshi activities- combat- but expecting g everyone else to put up with that in return for his 'distraction' skills, which, if Floor was being honest, were far from impressive thus far.

Tear was different, but his like was common here: a Rahk with a clear sense of hierarchy based on "strength" and assertiveness, which, considering their occupation, was not unfounded.

Door was watching the proceedings with an open smile, and that worried Floor. Was it innocent amusement or a deeper, more troubling love for conflict?

This is going to be... Interesting.

For a moment, Tear just blinked in surprise. And then the anger came back unbidden. "No! You don't get to walk away that easily!" Tear shouted as he followed Crate. "If anyone gets hurt on this assignment because of your inaction, I will kill you myself!"

IC: Booger-Gym

"I'm, not, saying...I just want a team!" Booger threw up his arms in defeat.

IC: Torc - Gym

Hearing the plight of a fellow student (and not yet having found a team of his own either), Torc simply walked up to the Rahkshi and attempted to tap him on the shoulder.

"Hey," he said casually. "Want to team up?"

True, he didn't initially seem like what others would consider to be an ideal candidate; literally any of those he was currently conversing with might've been a better choice. But as far as the Rahkshi of Heat Vision was concerned, no destination was worth heading towards if the journey there only turned out to subpar at best.

Besides, this guy looks like an interesting character. Riding with him should be fun.

--IC: The Clique (Kri): In the Gym--

Kri shooed her new partner away from Pyle and his teammates before they could return their attention to her.  When they were a safe distance away, she turned to face him.

"Sorry about that.  I just didn't want us to be stuck on a team with my scumbag little brother.  There are plenty of others here we could team up with instead."

IC: Liar - Gym

"Like me, for example," said a voice from behind them. "Just throwing that out there."

True, Liar's attention was still mostly focused on Rail, but what kind of Rahkshi would he be if he wasn't at least somewhat conscious of his own surroundings?

Besides, one of them seemed ever so vaguely... familiar.

Is it their eyes...? Posture, maybe...? Hmmm... Nah, must be my imagination. Really got to stop listening to the voices in my own head.

--IC: Exigent: In the Gym--

"You must be joking," Exigent said, incredulous.  "The big one is as thick as the slop they serve at the Refectory.  If we are to succeed in this assignment, then we need brains.  He has none."

IC: Misery - Gym

"True, but we also need brawn and skill in order to properly execute whatever plans we come up with as well. All the scheming in the world inevitably amounts to nothing if one is incapable of acting... or manipulating others to act for them."

Purposefully deciding not to reveal her variation and fighting style within earshot of potential enemies, Misery considered her next words carefully before proceeding to speak.

"Besides... I'm rather ill-equipped to bear the mantle of "training dummy;" my qualifications would be put to better use elsewhere. So unless we can somehow find a candidate that would be a much better fit for such a role amongst the dwindling number of available students, or you'd be willing to take the position yourself, I suggest we reconsider our position."

IC: Rōzu - Gym

"What about Rail?" Rōzu chimed in, nodding toward him. "I don't know much about him, but he does seem to have a better head on his shoulders."

IC: Rail - Gym

"Works for me. I'm still looking for a suitable team myself."

Truth be told, he was more than a little suspicious of the one that just recently came out of the blue and actually wanted to join up with Booger of all people, but he had enough on his plate to deal with as it was.

Hopefully, this guy has enough common sense to keep him out of trouble. If not... then I'll just have to step in again and do it for him.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

Somewhat hestitantly, Phantom extended the staff to Gaever.
"Alright..." She said, still unsure.

IC: Sim Xire - Gym

Drat. He'd been noticed.
"Ah. Uh, hello. Don't mind me, I was just," I grabbed the staff and jammed it back into it's slot, "Grabbing my staff. My apologies for any, uh, intrusion."

--IC: Luffy, Kri, Pyle, and Exigent: In the Gym--

"Not at all! No intrusions!" Luffy replied. "You're all right. Say, that stick of yours looks pretty nifty! Wanna team up with me and my friend?"

Kri turned to look at the newcomer, the one who had piped up. "Yeah? And what sort if qualifications do you have, mister? Are you any good? At anything?"

"Well, now we're all introduced, I think maybe we should get to deciding on team roles," Pyle said. "I'd like to start out by nominating myself for VIP."

Exigent sighed. "If you insist. The fishing hole seems to be rapidly shrinking anyway." He went to go find the lumbering brown nincompoop. When he did, he tapped him with his spear to get his attention.

--OOC:--

Smudge, can you handle Timageness while I handle CoFo?

IC: Gaever / Forge

"It will be carefully done," Gaever assured her as she took the staff solemnly, knowing it was important to be careful with it. "You can watch." She opened the door to the forge and stepped inside.

The interior was still mostly bare; the fireplace was empty, the furniture consisted of two large stones left inside to serve as temporary chairs and the worktable Gaever had thought to build into the walls in one corner. The late-night moonlight shining through the windows colored gray the few leftover scraps of wood and stone that still lay on the floor. But in every direction it was far less cramped than a Corpus dorm, and clearly had the potential to be quite livable. It felt like home.

The Rahkshi of Plasma dropped the metal she had gathered on the ground in the corner of the room and set the staff on the worktable. She picked up one of the wooden scraps and ignited it in a blaze of plasma, the tossed it into the fireplace for light and heat. Then she pushed one of the stony chairs over to the worktable and sat down to begin work.

Her first task was to take one of the scrap sheets in plasma-lit hands and shape it, glowing with heat, into a crude bucket. "Water is required," she explained as she worked, rolling another small piece into a thin rod, "because heat will be used to work the metal, but it must then be cooled rapidly to be of high quality." She poked holes through the bucket with a glowing claw and bent the rod through as a handle. "So would fill this at the river once it cools?" she asked Phantom. "The staff will not be modified before you return." In the meantime, she would locate the exact center of the staff and begin work on end connectors.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Illusive - Gym.

Well... this is going to be awkward.

The changes Icarax had made to my appearance were about to be put to the ultimate test.

IC: Xara - Dorms.

"Aw, there you are," careful not to jab Sand with the spiky edges of my armour, I pulled the little bundle of fur and fury into a hug. "I've missed you." Realising how that might sound, I quickly glanced up at Glass, "Both of you."

IC Aza:

"No! I don't want to make a 'team name' because this is a stupid game for baby wigglers!"

GM IC Icarax:

This was taking a little too long. Most of the teams had been formed, and Icarax began dragging stragglers to unfinished groups as the entire gym began to reform until it resembled a dense urban sprawl of a city block in Metru Nui. Buildings of all shapes and sizes packed narrow streets and alleyways. The central building was the tallest, peering over the others.

Then he began to teleport the groups to random locations in the sprawling block, maintaining each one's distance from each other, and assigned each team their VIP privately. Once finished, there were ten teams scattered throughout the area.

Icarax's telepathic voice boomed from atop the central building.

Begin.

OOC: Check the Register for Teams and VIP assignments! And remember, you only know who your own team's VIP is!

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Kororia - Y E S

Aza seemed upset. Kororia paused, and then said, “Baby Wigglers is a nice team name, I-”

Then, the game began. As soon as they were told the VIP of their team, Kororia shifted to hold Ezec one-handedly and pap Aza on the knee with the other hand.

“Don’t worry,” she said brightly. “We’ll protect you!”

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"This is... inconvenient," I muttered, drawing my staff. I'd been hoping that one of the others would be the VIP. Being the centre of attention didn't suit my preferred combat strategy. "But I suppose the other teams don't actually know which of us is the VIP." 

The beginnings of a new plan were forming in my mind, "I suggest that we pretend that someone else is the VIP. Three of us will form up a defensive perimeter around the fourth, drawing our opponents attacks away from me."

IC: Illusive - Gym.

A shame. Of all the rahks in this team, I was probably the best suited to the VIP position. I could've simply hidden myself behind an illusion and gone undetected through the entire assignment. 

It seemed that I was going to have to put some actual effort into this task after all.

When Icarax told us who our VIP was, I started laughing. I couldn't help myself. 

This assignment was over.

We'd already won.

IC: Sim Xire - Gym
"Oh that's alright,"
He said quickly. The headmaster was saying something, but Sim couldn't bother to listen while he explained, "I was just on my way out, actually, and I definitely have something else to do right now so I simply can't-"
And suddenly, everything around him was different, except for the three rahk. Panic began to set.
"Oh. Oho, no. No no no, no, no, no no no no no, nO."

IC: Fate - Gym
There had been no obvious choice, so I wandered casually, trying to determine the best candidates for a team. Most had already been fully formed though, so there wasn't much that could be done....
Until I found myself with three other students, in the recreation of a city block. I swore under my breath, my lack of action may have cost me a good team.
I surveyed the others, making no sound yet. They seemed that they may be quite capable, actually, but whether they would work together was indeterminate.
"I suppose I've been slotted with you, then." I finally said.

IC: Slif - Gym
"I have absolutely no preference here. What do you guys say?"

Ohp, we moved. That was weird.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water
Phantom nodded briskly, took the bucket, and ran outside to the river. Hopefully this wouldn't be a common occurrence, as she might be liable to trip...

Which she did not, and made her way to the river without event. As she dipped her bucket in the river, she felt a new sensation: cold.
She shivered. How exciting a feeling? It made her feel awake, and alert. It seemed the shiver was trapped inside her as well, as it bounced from her chest back into the ends of her arms, and around again.

And then a fish bumped against her hand.
She yelped, and some force escaped her hands, blowing her and the fish out of the water. She sat there, breathing heavily, at this new development. Was this normal? Was she supposed to... do whatever it was she just did?
And she wondered... how did she do it? Because she'd very much like to do it again.
Enraptured, she would have forgotten the bucket on her way back to the forge had it not already been firmly grasped in her hand.

Thud was happy again once he found out he was on Mute's team.

This time, he didn't say anything, more just a hapless grin.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

breath

WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

I don't laugh outwardly, but I look at Tear with a twinkle in my eye that roughly says "AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH"

I was somewhat disappointed we would not be protecting Thurisaz, but Tube was also easy enough to protect. 

"My lord, do you have a plan you wish to tell us?" I ask Lord Thurisaz, unsheathing my sword.

IC Grim:

"Agreed, I think our Dodge companion should be the decoy, he is.... Uniquely suited to distraction."

IC Percy:

He beamed at the suggestion, nodding excitedly, "I can be a great decoy!"

IC Aza:

"You'd better..." She muttered as she started across the room they'd been placed in.

IC Ezec:

The White God sighed, then slithered up Kororia's side and perched himself atop her head.

"Please ensure you do, I'd hate to have to destroy you for letting my sister be injured."

It was hard to say whether he was joking or not.

IC Zas'ma:

Sliver seemed self assured, but Zas'ma was not so confident to dismiss the possibility of failure out of hand.

"Not to take away from your moment, Sliver, but aren't some of your fellow prefects participating?"

IC Diode:

"Well I guess we have our work cut out for us. Any suggestions?"

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"Yay, I am VIP! I'm VIP!" Tube jumped enthusiastically, shouting perhaps a little too loudly. Until they made a sudden realization. "What does VIP mean?"

His eyes still burned with rage as the walls of the maze appeared around them. For a moment though, there was something else to take his mind off of his mistakes in joining this team. There was Icarax, huge, powerful, and very close. Tear kept his face as adverted as he dared while the Makuta gave them their instructions. Mother's hatred had mostly been directed toward Tridax, but he still wouldn't like being associated with her by another Makuta.

And then Icarax was gone, and it took a moment for Tear to process that the name Icarax had given them corresponded to the very Rahk who had tormented him before. And the smug little Brakas had the nerve to gloat.

Before he quite knew what he was doing, his hand shot out toward Crate's neck, shoving him back against a wall. "You will obey my every word," he hissed, the tone a threat in and of itself.

IC: Reda - Gym

"I don't..."

That was as far as she got before she suddenly found herself within Icarax's maze with Waiata's name ringing in her mind. She shot a quick smirk in Pyle's direction before looking over the group as a whole. "We stay close, and move out in search of others. We don't want to wait around for someone else to get the jump on us."

"Very Important Person." I explained.

"Essentially, we need to protect you and make sure nobody attempts to incapacitate or kidnap you. Which should be simple enough as we are all at least adept at fighting."

My grin doesn't waver.

There is literally nothing Tear can do to physically harm me now, so I'm calling his bluff.

This assignment is truly turning out to be better than I had previously expected. 

"Actually-" I gasp for air. "I think you-" Another gasp. "Will have to obey me."

"OK." The idiot nodded.

Edited by Jayne Cobb

"Very well. Now, where shall we go from here?" I gestured to the sprawling cityscape around us, "Wandering aimlessly isn't going to do us any good." 

"Indeed they are. This is going to be fun." 

"Oh..." Suddenly they didn't seem so excited. "But I want to protect Master!"

Tear glared at Crate for a few moments longer before releasing him. "Icarax's meaningless titles give you no power over me," he says as he walks away a few steps.

OOC: Just wanted to apologize for the pretty blatant autohit there. Dane and I worked it out offsite.

"Works for me. Do we want to try to fly for that central structure?" I gestured to the tallest spire in the centre of the arena, "Or should we aim for somewhere less obvious?" 

IC Grim:

"Much less obvious than that. I also doubt flying will be to our advantage with our rather paltry ranged capabilities. Crossing open air may simply get us shot down by better-equipped teams."

"My Rhotuka can copy a target's power and unleash it upon them but requires I hit with it twice in that case. At the moment it is Vacuum."

"My spinner just channels my gravity powers. Useful for making sure that these..." I indicated my throwing knives, "...don't miss, but not much else until I can level up a little." 

I glanced around the street, "If flying's out, I guess we should get inside." 

IC: Kororia - Kraata Hat

She laughed, following after Aza. “It’s okay, I’m sure we’ll all have a fun time! Team Baby Wigglers, goooo!”

She glanced back to Oshi, to make sure she was following them.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl