Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: A! - With Friends

Well, he could carry his bags a little longer, he supposed. He scribbled again.

YES PLEASE!!! AFTERWARDS CAN WE FIND OUR ROOMS? I HAVE BAGS

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Grakata

"Dormitories can be as dark as you want them. Corpus was made with Rahkshi in mind. Anyway, refectory isn't too far now, but don't be too surprised by the food" Or at least what passes for food.... Hm.... Still need to see about making a trip to The Cauldron.... try and get some spices or something.

IC: Canvas - Hallways

Canvas took on a discerning gaze and made a quick circle around Dahl, taking in every detail with her trained eye. Then she stopped in front of him, and her posture relaxed and stooped until to anyone watching, Dahl would appear to be looking in a funhouse mirror. “What do you think?” Canvas snapped in a deeper voice.

IC: Paradox

A ferryboat approaches a small harbor on the island of Nynrah, slowing down to meet the pier. On the deck of the boat sits a Panrahk, and a ferryman at the helm of the boat itself. Upon the boat bumping into the dock, the Rahkshi's head snaps to the direction of the offending sound, vanishing from existence like the blink of an eye, and reappearing onto the dock itself. Scanning the immediate surroundings, their eyes lock onto the silhouette of Corpus Rahkshi, the destination of all new breed Rahkshi.

"H e y,    P a r a d o x."

The Panrahk slowly turns and glares with venom at the ferryman calling his name. Taking it as the only sign of acknowledgement they're going to get, the lone ferry captain scoops up a small satchel, and hefts up onto his shoulder a large, club like weapon. Walking over to the side of the boat, he tosses Paradox the satchel. Catching without much effort, Paradox glares daggers at the boat captain one last time before looking inside.

"Y o u r    o r d e r ' s    a r e    I n    t h e r e .    S t r a I g h t    f r o m    t h e    t o p.    Y o u    f o l l o w    t h e m    t o    t h e    l e t t e r ,    a r e    w e    c l e a r    o n    t h I s ?"

Slowly, with a gradual hiss, Paradox looks back at the captain. "Transparently." was the only response given. With that, the ferryman hefts the club from his shoulder, and places it at the feet of the Rahkshi on the dock. Going back to the helm, the ferryman begins to pull the boat away from the pier. "S t a y    h I d d e n ,    t r y    n o t    t o    b l o w    y o u r    c o v e r ,    a n d . . . .    r e m I n d    y o u r s e l f . . . .    t o    s t a y    f o c u s e d ."

Just as quietly as the boat arrived, it was gone, and Paradox was gone not that long after. Teleporting ever closer towards the school, Paradox stopped until he was at the halfway point between the docks and Corpus. He could see the outline of the school with greater clarity, and could even make out the sheen of living rock that the school was made out of. "Corpus Rahkshi... The most esteemed school for new breeds... More like an esteemed waste of time... Let's find out who among you really is worthy of being called Rahkshi..."

OOC: Good golly miss molly, this post took longer than it should! I went through more revisions of this post than i'd care to admit, but at least it's finally done! Follow up post will hopefully be up within two hours minimum! I'd get it up sooner but chores need doing and I need to lay down for a bit

IC: A! - With Friends

I LIKE DARK ROOM AND I LIKE FOOD SURPRISES

He smiled, following his new friends after showing them his board.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Grakata - with friends/refectory

"In all honesty, you really shouldn't be surprised, but who am I to tell you how to react." Bracing with his staff, Grakata turns the final corner and skates through the door to the refectory. "Well, here we are. A, go ahead and set your stuff down at any of the tables. I'll watch over them. Line for food..." he remarks, pointing his staff without much effort. "...is over there, as are bowls and trays. Grab one and head over to the dispensaries." Dunno why they have trays since there's not that much food variety... like at all... But that's besides the point. "The choices are either grey slop with mystery lumps, or mystery slop with grey lumps. If you happen to have spices on hand, first off, at least share with me, second off, they'll make the food taste so much better. Nutrition as a flavor tends to get rather old." Seriously, you'd think it would kill the faculty or the headmaster to at least allow salt of all things.

IC: Paradox - Halfway to Corpus Rahkshi

Taking a deep breath, Paradox teleports closer and closer to the school, stopping only at the last stretch of hill that remains between him and the front door of Corpus Rahkshi. Taking a moment to kneel, he sets his club aside and pulls up his satchel, opening it and removing from it a cylindrical tube in the shape of a Toa cannister. Gripping the 'lid' of the tube, he twists a quarter turn clockwise, half a turn counter clockwise, then a quarter turn clockwise once again, until the tube clicks. Palming the revealed button, a panel at the bottom of the tube irises open, revealing a small speaker. Setting the device in front of him, the Rahkshi sits down and closes his eyes.

The device then begins to play a recording.

"Hello Paradox, a little gukko bird has told me much about you. You're quite the promising new breed, aren't you? And spawned from the Brotherhood's most esteemed scientist no less. Truly I am impressed. Teleportation is quite a power, though a common power if i'm being honest. But i'm not one to judge; frankly I think teleportation is quite... advantageous, wouldn't you agree?The voice in the recording, flowing like water but with a weight like the crushing depths, chuckles. "Now then, i'm more than certain the indoctrination has fully cemented itself into that squishy slug brain of yours, so pay close attention, and heed every. SingleWord. Do you understand?" The brown Rahkshi nods, eerily treating this recording as if it was some kind of person. "Good. This is your mission, and you have my permission to replay this message should you... become confused, either with what you should do, or where your loyalties really do. Remember; Good hunters always do their jobs. Now then, this damnable war, while good for business, is costing me more than i'd care to invest. Your job is to turn the tide of this war; Go to Corpus Rahkshi, and kill any whom you think will keep us from winning. This can be staff or students. However, don't just blindly go in and attempt to murder the first Rahkshi you come across. You are a hunter after all, so hunt them. Track them. Learn everything you can about them before you strike, and when you DO go in for the kill, make sure they're truly dead. There's a reason why Kraata come in fourty two different variations. Keeps the makuta that make them from having to worry about weaknesses, and the fact that they can be mass produced is no joke either. The price of failure is death. Dead hunters are not good hunters. Good hunters always do their jobs. So do your job, and do it well. Rest assured that a little birdie will definitely keep an eye on you, so don't worry about sending me reports of your progress.The voice chuckles once again. "I've held you up long enough, it's time for you to get to work.

Just like how it was opened, Paradox closes the tube up and puts it back in his satchel. Picking up his club, he stands back up and teleports towards the front door of the school until there's no distance between him and the door. "Good hunters do their job... Good hunters do their job... Good hunters do their job..." Drawing out a low hiss, Paradox opens the door and walks in. "Don't worry sir... I can do the job... I'll get it done... Because good hunters do their job..." Blinking, letting his eyes adjust to the change in lighting, he looks down the hallways that trail away from the door. "This hunter needs to learn... Library it is, then."

OOC: oh lawdy yas it's finally done, second post for Paradox is up! Don't care that it's tied to a post for Grakata as well, i'm just happy that I did it!

IC: Lost

Lost immediately scrambled over to the food line, grabbing a tray and immediately loading it with food from the dispensary. It was...a lot of food. A lot. Their tray looked more like a mound of slop than an actual tray by the time they finished, and wandered over to a table.

And immediately after sitting down, they just...slammed their face into it and began chowing down.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Grakata - refectory

"I... Guess you weren't kidding when you said you were... Hungry..." Let Lost eat first, then ask questions... that's IF he remembers to come up for air... I hope. Looking over at A!, Grakata sits across from Lost. "Go ahead friend, drop your bags here with me. Go eat. I can keep watch."

IC: Paradox - Hallways/Library

Picking a hallway and beginning to walk, either not caring or not noticing his club dragging behind him, the 'Panrahk' deliberately takes his time in finding the library; going down each and every hall and wing, taking note of as much detail as he can, analyzing which paths lead to where, which stretches of hallways students congregate the most, possible locations to hide. Once he's satisfied that fourty five minutes is enough time to get a rough map in his head, he takes the most direct path to the library itself.

Hefting his club onto his shoulder, he makes his way inside and begins browsing the various sections.

OOC: Paradox is now open for interaction if anyone is in the library!

IC: A! - Friend Lunch

Delighted and empowered by Lost's rebelling against the system, A! went to fetch himself a tray after leaving his bags and board with his new friends. He was a little disappointed at the food- the worst kind of surprise was a disappointing one, he reckoned- but it would be rude to complain about food made for him. He returned and, taking a look at Lost, decided to follow in his example. Yeah! Cutlery is a myth! Rage against the utensil machine!!!

IC: Grakata - refectory w/ friends

Grakata was at a loss for words. No response could be given. Nothing. All the Vorahk could do was sit there, staring at the pair of Rahkshi in front of him, dumbfounded as they were both face first in their meals, scarfing it down without restraint or care. Gradually, the black Rahkshi slowly planted his faceplate into the palm of his hand. Truly, maximum levels of done have been achieved.

Y'know what... Screw it... I can just work off the extra food tomorrow morning. Groaning slightly as he gets up from the table, he skates over to the dispensary once again. Grabbing a tray, he piles on both types of nutrient slop in an uneven mixed mound of goop. Skating on back to the others, Grakata sets the tray down, sits down across from his new friends, and without a single to give, plops his face down into his food, the result of which is a rather audible glorp, as he begins wolfing it down like Lost and A!. If you can't beat them, join them.

IC: Exxan - Library. 

Rounding a corner to replace the volume on Rahkshi anatomy that I'd been perusing, I almost bumped into another rahk coming the other way. A Panrahk, with a club draped over their shoulder. "Sorry." I muttered, moving carefully around them to return the book to its place on the shelf, before stepping back to look for something else to read. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Paradox - Library

The brown Rahkshi's attention was quick to snap to the individual placing a book back on the shelf, but made no signs of aggression. No hackles raising, no spines rattling. An eerie calm about them. "It's alright... Actually, I was wondering if I could pick your brain for a minute or two, if you aren't against conversation."

"Uh... sure." I wavered - it had been a long time since someone had asked for my help - longer still since obliging such a request had actually ended well for me, "What do you want to know?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Paradox - Library

"Well, to be quite honest; everything. You see, I just arrived here not that long ago, and so that puts me rather deep in the dark, intellectually speaking. But since 'Everything' is such a broad subject, let's start with introductions. My name is Paradox, and you are...?"

"Oh, of course." I relaxed slightly. "I'm Exxan. I've been around here for... longer than most. I'm sure I can help with whatever questions you might have." 

I grimaced, in as sympathetic a manner as I could manage. Every time I started to wallow in thoughts about how cruel my own Makuta had been, I only had to remind myself that there were plenty of rahks out there like Paradox here - discarded at the steps of the school, with little to no clue as to where or why. 

"Corpus Rahkshi was built as a sort of school/training facility/testing ground for New Breed Rahkshi like us." I explained, "Tridax was originally in charge of the project, and was still headmaster of the school when I first arrived. He was recently replaced by Icarax, who's a lot less... lenient... with troublemakers. The Drillmaster is a cyborg skakdi named Suvak, and the nurse is a Rahkshi named Palma. Apart from them, the only 'staff' you're likely to see around are the Porters, which are pretty much harmless." 

Continuing to devour his food via face, Grakata pauses just long enough to come up for air before plunging his face back into his food once again. To be honest... The food still needs salt... But the new perspective on eating it is... Strangely refreshing.

IC: Paradox - Library with Exxan

"Interesting. Are there any other staff other than what you've listed?"

"None that I know of. Some of the other Makuta pass through occasionally - I'm sure you would've seen the ruins of the Matoran village on your way here, that was Gorast's doing during her last visit." 

IC: Paradox - Library w/ Exxan

Two Makuta? This must be a rather important resource to the Brotherhood... This means I need more knowledge... Should make things interesting. "I happened to spot some ruins on the way here. Those were Makuta Gorast's doing? And you had said 'visit', this makuta isn't a regular staff person? How often does she frequent the school?"

IC: Mortsia

My search for something interesting to read and learn about was... Less than successful. Nothing was really peaking my interest. With a sigh, I turn away from the shelf... Only to see a conversation between what looked like a Panrahk and a striped Rahkshi. It has been a while since I have seen another Rahkshi... Maybe I should say hello.

No. That would be quite rude if they were discussing something private. I am not going to take that chance and potentially make others hostile towards me. As I turn to leave, I notice a bit of green and blue on the Panrahk. Painted? Probably not to be distracting while on a mission... But... The gears start turning in my head. If a color is distracting, then one's eyes may be naturally drawn towards that color... Meaning that they would not see something that is potentially more dangerous... I look at my arms, then, after a moment, will them to turn a bright shade of neon green... Only for my whole body to turn that shade. I frown, and deactivate my powers.

What did you expect? You've never used your powers like this. Like everything, it will take practice and dedication. Despite not having reached the outcome I was hoping for right off the bat, I was still quite excited about my idea. If this worked like I hope it would, then I could throw off my opponents in an unorthodox way. I turn to leave the library, then, upon exiting, climb onto the wall before transitioning to the ceiling, and leave to roam the halls and find an empty room to practice in.

IC: Dahl

"Hmmmm..." I scratch my chin in thought as I examine Canvas. Not gonna lie, I'm impressed. It ain't every day you meet someone who can pull these kinds of shenanigans off. "Aight, you win. That's... That's some neato stuff that I haven't seen. Gotta ask though. Why do acting? Were just born for it? Or do you have some deeper motivation?"

Edited by Sassy Dalmation

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"As far as I know, it was just a one-time thing. There'd been some skirmishes between students and the Matoran, and Gorast convinced some of the students to help her destroy the village... as an assignment, of sorts. I was visiting another part of the mainland while that was happening, so I wasn't there for most of it." 

Thinking back to that incident brought another conversation to the forefront of my mind, my reunion with Phogen on the beach, right before she ditched me - again - to go help destroy the village. Wherever you are, Phogen, I hope you've finally figured out what's important to you... even if it's not me.

Edited by Nato The Traveler

"So, other than on specific instruction from Icarax, Gorast is rarely here. Interesting.One less obstacle in my way... But said obstacle has just marked itself as a loose end... I hate loose ends. "Is it just Gorast that is the only other Makuta to show here? Or do others make their way through as well? And you mentioned something about a Skakdi?" The Panrahk opens their mouth to rattle off another question, but quickly closes it. Easy Paradox... Don't get too enthusiastic. Chuckling, Paradox absentmindedly scratches at a patch of blue metal on his neck. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to overwhelm you with questions."

"Gorast is the only Makuta I know of that's visited recently, but... they're Makuta, and this is their school. I imagine they'd all be free to come and go as they pleased." Now that I stopped and thought about it, it seemed a little strange that more of the Makuta didn't visit the school. Did most of them simply not care about their spawn, or was there some agreement between the Makuta to leave Corpus alone? 

It didn't matter. It wasn't my business, or my problem.

"The Skakdi is Suvak, our Drillmaster. He used to be the one who gave us all our assignments and training exercises, but he hasn't been seen much since Icarax took over as headmaster." 

IC: A! - Friend Lunch, With Friends

A! looked up at his new friends, and suddenly had to grab the front of his kraata to stop the happy skree that leapt from his throat. His Makuta had always told him it was impolite to talk with his mouth full. Or to talk at all. He lowered his hand and smiled instead, hoping his friends understood how happy he was to be here.

IC: Canvas - Hallways

“What better way to blend in with a school...” Canvas began in her Dahl voice before straightening and fading into the purple and blue of a Sanorahk, “...than to be just like all the students?” She returned to her normal voice and shrugged, showing off her new appearance.

Edited by Click

I nod. Makes sense... At least for others. I just don't see why you would want to blend in when you could be yourself, do the things you want to do, and be all the more jolly because of that. "Well, seems you've got the perfect ability to do just that. Keep on doing you." I turn to Melody. "Et vous? Do you have any special skill to differentiate yourself from the boring student body?"

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

After finally schlorping through enough slop, Grakata comes up for air once more and gives... well, not a mighty belch, but certainly a very audible burp. Truly, the result of a meal of champions.

IC: Paradox - Library w/ Exxan

"That does make quite a bit of sense when you think about it... As for, what was his name again? Suvak? As for Suvak, what kind of skakdi is he, and where is he currently?"

OOC: Sweet Jeebus it has been a while since i posted. Apologies for those i'm interacting with!

Edited by NinthG1g4-by73

"Suvak's a Le-Skakdi, I think. He's got an office around here somewhere." 

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

"Oh, Oh!" Danger extended his hand to Lucid. "Do me next!"

"Actually," Revenge interjected, "We should probably be going. I want to see if the gym is available."

IC: Melody-Hallway

"I-I-I don't d-do m-much." Melody shifted around nervously, clasping her hands behind her back. "I c-can p-play music."

IC: Booger-Gym

Booger slumped over, leaning against the building. "I'm bored, how much longer do we have to wait?"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

"Whaddaya mean 'not much'? I haven't met a single other Rahkshi who can make music and stuff. Most of em are always, 'I'm only here to get stronger so I can avenge my dearly departed pet,' or 'I will fight with everything I have, to make my friends and the Makuta proud!', and my personal favorite, 'I hate all of you and want to destroy everything here without a second thought.' Like seriously. So many hot heads in this school wanting to fight for one reason or another. Probably could include me in that list of hot heads too! So by that logic, your 'not much' is actually soooooo much more than most. I dig it."

IC: Mortsia

As I go down the halls, a door cracked open catches my attention. I drop off the ceiling, turning my body midair, before landing on all fours. Standing back up, I open the door to find an empty classroom. Perfect. I didn't want to try and figure out what I wanted to do in the gym. Too many eyes, and who knows how many of them I would duel with. No, I needed to figure this out alone. Closing the door behind me, I close my eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Inhale. Exhale. Forget all your worries. Let everything go. Just focus on the task at hand.

I open my eyes. Now, to work. I focus my powers and will my lower arms and legs to turn a bright green. Once again, I am met with the same result. I cut off my powers, and try again. Still no good. Maybe I can't change only a portion of my body... Maybe I have to change it all. I ponder this for a moment, before I set myself up to change colors again... Only this time, I would will my torso and upper appendages to turn to the color I painted my armor, while my lower arms and legs would turn into a bright green. Focus. I close my eyes and activate my power. Did it work? I open my eyes slowly, to see my body the same color as it was, save for my lower legs and arms. I smile to myself. Excellent. Now I can begin.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

"I think so?" I shrugged, "Aside from Palma, and Icarax when he's in a bad mood, the staff generally don't use their powers around us."

The vorahk looks over at his purple compatriot. "What about you, A? You still hungry, or are you wanting to head to the dorms?"

The staff purposely restrain themselves...? Interesting. Are they that confident in their abilities and powers to where they can get away without exercising them? Or do they train off campus, to ensure they have a physical advantage? "Really? That's rather interesting. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of Rahkshi is Palma?"

"Quick Healing." I was used to odd behaviours from new students, but the longer this conversation went on, the stranger this guy's obsession with the staff was becoming, "She's the school nurse, after all."