Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Helkyrie - Team 2 vs Team 4

In that moment, Helkyrie teleported into the battle field behind Grim, bringing the sharp point of her shovel down upon the back of his left knee.

IC: Dissent - Refectory

Dissent almost laughed. "Oh, you want to do this here then? Very well. I wanted to talk to you one on one for your benefit, but since you want me to say it with Thud here present, I will. It seems to me that you're trying to manipulate him, as it seems you've been trying to manipulate others, to serve your cause. A cause which seems not to be for the benefit of the oppressed, but for the benefit of your own self interests with no consideration for the safety of those you're stringing along. And if you think I'm just going to stand by and let that play out, you're very wrong."

IC: Door - Gym City (Team 3)

"Alright, let's put our heads together here. We are down one team member, which means we're at a disadvantage. This means we're going to have to work together to make up for both the empty spot in our team, as well as any shortcomings we each may have. We should also consider strategies that, while perhaps unpleasant to think about, may be in our best interest for the assignment. Question is, how much do you guys want to win?"

IC: Orloc - Refectory

"Take... me in? As a family? A tribe? A village?"

IC: Whisper - Refectory. 

"Manipulate?" I chuckled, my mirth entirely genuine, "To manipulate is to control through deception, and I have done no such thing. The other students we spoke with confirmed that Icarax and his Prefects hold power through fear and brutality, so none of what I've said to Thud here about them being bullies is a lie. Likewise, I was honest with you about my relation to Icarax, and my stakes in this situation. I don't seek to control, or deceive, I seek only to inspire other rahks to make their own choices."

Despite my amusement, I couldn't help but find myself slightly disappointed in this rahk's sudden change of heart. She'd had such fire and audacity when she'd first joined the conversation, boldly proclaiming that she didn't care what the Makuta intended for us. Now I saw that she was no different from the others, fettered by fear. 

"And what of you, Zent? When we first spoke, your words carried such defiance. You said you weren't willing to stand idly by while the Makuta crushed our thoughts and hopes and dreams... but now that I'm actually trying to do something about it, you say you won't allow me to do so?"

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Putting aside your narrow definition of manipulation for now, I haven't changed my stance one bit. I'm going to fight against tyranny and oppression, wherever I see them, and if it comes to it, die fighting that fight. What I'm not going to do is drag others into the fight when they aren't fully aware of the stakes. Thud, do you fully know what is at stake here?" Dissent turned to the brown panrahk, concern in her eyes.

IC: Thud - Manipulation?

Thud's small blue eyes blinked in confusion. "We get steaks?" He looked confused, but had a longing look in his eye too.

IC: Chief - Off we go

I pushed my tray aside, standing up. Limon was exceedingly happy about this whole thing.

You couldn't blame me for cracking a grin.

"Alright, well let's get to the entrance. We can talk more on the way there." I smiled, honestly.

Edited by Dane.

"But I haven't dragged anyone into anything. You came to me, remember?" I didn't need lies or persuassion to win this argument, the truth of this rahk's own words and actions were ammunition enough. "Thud came to us, he asked his questions, and I gave my answers. I haven't tried to coerce or recruit him, as you seem so intent on insinuating. I'm new to this school, remember? I'm just trying to make friends."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Throwing definitions at me isn't doing anything to prove your point." I retorted, feigning exasperation, "Come to think of it... what is your point? You seem to be trying to accuse me of something, but you're being remarkably vague about what that is. Where is your evidence? You claim I'm trying to manipulate you with half-truths and omissions, but I've been nothing but forthright to you both. I've answered every question you've both asked me, in spite of how those answers may reflect on me." 

"Okay, time out. First you say I'm just senselessly throwing around definitions, then you say I'm accusing you remarkably vaguely, and THEN you outright state what you think I'm accusing you of. Clearly you understood what my 'thrown definition' actually meant in its context, yet you act surprised and call it meaningless to my point. Which you then go ahead and become defensive about anyway. Now, back to the point, I didn't come to you, I came to a discussion that concerned resistance to the tyranny present at this institution. Tyranny you claim to oppose, which I grant you had me hopeful, yet the fact that you seem eager to try and lead someone on into danger they don't understand makes me highly suspicious of you and your goals. Or rather, what you're willing to do to achieve them. The ends don't always justify the means, not when innocents are harmed along the way. Make Thud understand what's at stake here, and maybe I'll be less suspicious of you."

"Now you're just talking yourself around in circles," I chided, shaking my head, "You claim that I'm trying to manipulate people... but in what way, to what end? You've provided no examples, given no explanations. You just repeat the same accusation over and over, as if saying it loud enough, or often enough, will somehow make you right. This being in spite of the many examples I've already provided to refute your claim."

I sighed, "I think I understand your confusion, though. You're clearly operating under the mistaken assumption that the goals I discussed with you earlier are my sole reason for being. You fail to comprehend that I'm perfectly capable of having an innocent conversation to sate the curiosity of someone who has come to me asking questions." 

IC- Blink, Interacting with Sohnii and Bliss.

Bliss! Such a nice and simple name. With another passive glance to the flower on Bliss' head, he offhandedly adjusted the flower crown adorn on his own head. "Uh- that's a pretty flower," he points to the one Bliss was wearing. "...do you wear flowers all the time...?"

Do you make flower crowds? He desperately wanted to ask. But the words failed to form.

He was hopeful. Wishful that this Rahkshi shared some of the same interests he had. It would mean he could connect to someone new. The Chain Lightning Rahkshi blinked once, twice, before remembering that he really should introduce himself. Where were his manners?

"Blink. I'm... Blink."

A shaky breath escaped him. Was he holding his breath? Trying to ignore the apprehensive feeling bubbling up inside he focused his gaze on his brother, appreciative of him taking initiative with this awkward conversation.

Dissent frowned. She realised she'd been too quick to vocalise her concerns, Whisper hadn't done anything concrete yet... "Whatever. I'm still keeping my eye on you." She responded dejectedly, looking to the side in shame, before fixing her gaze upon Whisper. There was clear suspicion in her eyes.

Evidently, this rahk wasn't as suitable, or stable, as my first impression of them had led me to believe. I would have to be wary of her in future. "Now that that's out of the way, where were we?" I turned back to Thud, "We were talking about Icarax, weren't we?"

"Well, I don't like him either. He was my Makuta, and he wasn't very nice to me."

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

Hoto looked a little lost as she stood beside Jayar, looking around as if she expected to be somewhere else. "O-okay."

IC: Canvas - Refectory

"Kinda like all three!" Canvas said cheerfully.

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

Tear frowned. "What exactly do you have in mind?"

"I don't like to talk about it." I replied, after a moment's hesitation. "Icarax likes people who are strong and powerful. He thinks they're better than those who aren't." I gestured my own diminutive figure, "All of his other rahkshi were bigger and meaner than me, so even though I was more clever, Icarax still treated the others better." 

IC: Sohnii - interacting with Blink and Bliss (Hallways)

Sohnii didn't smile... but he almost did.  It made him happy to see his brother warming up to someone new.  Their last... acquaintance was still a bit of a sore spot, and they had never met any other Rahkshi.  To be honest, Sohnii was rather apprehensive and nervous to meet others like him, and he was positive that Blink felt the same... and yet, here he was, on his way to making a new friend... perhaps that was a bit too hopeful, he decided.  An ally was a good start; friend later.  She was really similar to his brother, though... in more ways than one.  Only she didn't have a brother to protect her... 

He was tempted to answer for his brother, but he decided to keep quiet.  It was good for Blink to act on his own without any nudging from Sohnii.  In the end though, he did offer one sentence.  "Hey, tell her about your... hobby."  He nudged his brother slightly with his elbow, the smallest hint of an impish grin on his faceplates.

Edited by PancakeShiners

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

"Oh, I know," I replied, allowing a smile to settle over my features, "One of these days, I want to teach him a lesson, then do the same to all of the other Makuta who are mean and unfair to their rahkshi."

IC: Revenge and Danger-Gym

"Wow, that's pretty cool, how do you do it?"

Suddenly Revenge had an idea. "Would you be alright with being Danger's opponent?"

IC: Melody-refectory

Melody nodded. "We d-d-don't b-b-bite."

IC: Toxitora Jr-Hallway

"Hmmm... Well, I still have to deliver this letter, does the Headmaster have a mailbox anywhere?"

IC: Punishment-infirmary

Punishment quietly walked into the infirmary and sat on a bed.

IC: Booger-gym

Booger appeared out of thin air several feet above the ground, outside the asignment wall, and fell with a loud THUNK!

"Ow," he said, rubbing his nose and standing up, "What was that for?"

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Thud - Curious

The giant went oddly silent for a moment.

"...What mean?"

IC: Crate - Plan?

I grumble slightly at Door being one to make the plans, but if I'm completely honest, I hadn't the slightest of a plan myself.

IC: Shield - Still getting patched up

"You seem like you know what you're doing." I quietly commented.

You know, he's probably just trying to get your trust, Grey.

K-Keep your g-g-guard u-up. F-Fang will help if you're in t-t-trouble.

IC: Crate - Kaita????

kaita

Did I hear him right?

Is this lumbering buffoon actually considering fusing all of us together? 

US?!

I think for a moment about this absurd suggestion. All of us are at least, stable to some degree. 

Maybe. 

Something about Tear's outburst at the start of the game makes me wonder, though. If I hadn't been the team VIP, it almost seemed like he would have snapped my neck there and then.

Meh.

"...You're joking, right?"

IC: Door - Gym City (Team 3)

"I wish I had the luxury for jokes right now, but I don't."
Door turned to Tear and sighed. "A kaita... from what I've heard, it's the merging of the minds and bodies of three distinct beings into one far more powerful than even the three combined. It's... well, intimate, so as I said, you two are going to have to decide how much you want to win this assignment. And you'll have to decide fast, because the longer we stay here, on the roof, out in the open, the more likely we're going to come under attack."

IC: Orloc - Refectory

"Familial village tribe... I think I very much enjoy the idea of that. A fellowship of our own..."

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

Tear crossed his arms. "Not going to happen," he said, with a sidelong glance at Crate.

Inside, a different kind of hesitation was brewing. If they did this, would they be able to see... her? Would he?

"Do you really want to know?" I asked carefully, casting a sideways glance towards Zent. 

She grew it herself?

This snatched his attention. Hesitantly, he glimpses back at Bliss. A spark of enthusiasm threatened to show on his mechanical face.

"Yes! I-I did! ...Um." The idea of growing flowers never occurred to him. Was flower-growing this Rahkshi's specialty? Her... Power? If so, that was absolutely amazing! A faint smile crept across the metallic head plate from Sohnii's nudge. A further gesture to formally interact, rather than cower.

"I... I create my own flower crowns! Uh- um... I can make you a flower crown sometime... I-If you want!"

"Well, the last headmaster got kicked out because he couldn't control the students." I explained, "What if the same thing happened to Icarax?" 

(Sorry if there's any mistakes in this post. I'm writing this while being very tired.)

After hearing Bliss' plausible offer he almost wanted to blurt out in sheer excitement himself. But he fought back the urge; his apprehensive tendencies were butting in again. Regardless, how amazing this was!

"That would be... Helpful! Really nice. My current... Erm...Collection isn't..."

Idiot. Why can't you speak without hesitating? You look like a fool!

Blink mentally grimaced. "I'm going to run out of flowers soon. B-but you don- don't have to! U-um...I-I could help you...find some sprouts? Of... Of course... Ah... After we find our way to the dorms?"

--And you didn't even gather enough flowers from home to suffice? Worthless.