Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Squid

However, Omega being a level two Kraata who had just used most of his power to fling Squid against the wall and was now using his power to cling to Glass, Squid only felt a little bit stuck when he patted Glass on the shoulder, but managed to pull his hand away and back up.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: Squid

Squid backed off as Omega used his power to pull him into his armor and run away. Squid gathered his sketchpad and satchel and slung it over his shoulder.

"I'm going down to the cafeteria to get some slop. I won't call it food, but I'm hungry enough to eat some. You can stay here if you want, but don't go snooping around okay?"

Squid walked out and went to the cafeteria.

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC Phogen:

Taking his staff off and handing it to Xara. "May our relationship be profitable." She rose to her feet. "I will return as soon as I can with pertinent information." Immediately, she headed off towards the library, nearly running into Omega on the way. He stops and stands up. "Oh hello, Omega, is it?" As good a place to start as any.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Vir

Remote Beach

Vir stared at the leaf they held in their hand, folded in half to protect the name within from the wandering eyes of other students. It had taken all their courage to stay on the stage and receive it; when the scuffle had broken out Vir had literally been trembling with fear.

Now, though, seated on the rocky shore of Rahkshi Island, as a few students called it, it was possible to calm down. The school itself looked like a tiny shack from this craggy beach, and the harsh sounds of the sea just a few bio away were almost... relaxing.

Vir had yet to open the leaf and read the name inside: even in a seemingly abandoned corridor there could be other Rahkshi hiding, camouflaged or cloaked in shadow. It wasn't likely, but Vir had to be certain. Here on the beach, the starlight betrayed their isolation.

Slowly Vir unfolded the leaf. For several seconds their eyes scanned the name written on it. Then, once they'd memorized it, Vir set the leaf down on a flattish rock and crushed it underfoot. Nothing remained but a green smear.

Vir turned their gaze towards the school. In there somewhere was their target, perhaps already wondering who it was they had to watch out for. "I doubt you're watching for me," whispered Vir, feeling a glint of hope.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Xara.

"I'll be waiting," Xara replied, watching Phogen leave. He/she was a good negotiator, even leaving Xara their staff as collateral. A profitable relationship indeed.

Xara decided it would be best for her to remain here. Placing the staff on the ground beside her, Xara began to move through a series of basic sword excersises.

She didn't mind waiting, so long as she was doing something useful in the meantime.

IC: Exxan.

Exxan sat back, admiring his handiwork. The trap was set. Propping his stave up against a wall, he sat down, opened a book, and waited.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Phogen:

Skirting past the recent impact, the Rahkshi looking far from in the mood to converse, Phogen entered the library. She had to find someone, and if there was any place to hide, this was it. It was where he would go. Lots of tight corridors. He scaled the nearest bookshelf, clambering up atop the rather narrow and alpine, if solid, structure like an old pro. Enhancing his voice modulation to carry father, he called out in a echoing voice "I come in the peaceful spirit of business. Speak quietly, and I shall come." He tuned his ears to pick up on more sound, using his power to enhance audio.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Exxan heard the call and looked up. He recognised the voice. Phogen - not one of the participants. But could he/she be trusted?

If there was one thing he'd learnt from all of his time reading here in the library, it was that sometimes one needed to take a leap of faith.

"Over here!" he hissed softly.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Phogen:

The Rahkshi scampered over, muffling the sound of his movement to be near-silent. He had a talent for small tricks like this. While a point of ridicule among other Sonics (parlor tricks instead of shock waves), Phogen found them immensely more helpful.

Her head poked from above the bookcase and stared down at Exxan. "I have some information you might be interested in. Care to deal, my friend?"

He lowered the book he'd been pretending to read and looked up at Phogen. "I may be interested..." he admitted, "...what kind of information?"

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Fall (Dormitories)

Fall had quickly retreated to her room after the meeting was over. She stood in the dark, Catch Pole firmly grasped, against wall so that she could strike anybody who decide to come in. 

She knew her target. The question was how to deal with the individual. 

There was also the matter of who would be hunter her. Her mind turned to the Rahkshi from earlier who had offered their services. Should she take such a risk? What was to stop them from double crossing their clients? At the same time, Fall desperately wanted to find out who was hunting her. It would improve her stress levels, and not having to fear every single participant would help her focus on her target.

In the end, Fall left her room in search of Phogen. She figured that it wouldn't hurt to find out more about this "service", and perhaps she would run into her target in a convenient spot?

Edited by Evex_Wolfwing
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

IC Phogen:

"Oh, just the identity of your assassin is all." She cooed out, lounging back on the shelf like a feline, purring silkily and tantalizing her guest. "But you might not be interested in that. After all, anyone who reads On the Alchemaic Electrical by Makuta Lyrun in the first edition has a death wish. Anybody would know that the biological systems cannot.... Well, you dont care." She snickered.

OOC: Ah, to make our creator proud,

Edited by Funkydude527

Exxan was half tempted to spring his trap on Phogen for his insults of books. She was leaning right on top of part of the trap, after all.

But Exxan held back. The chance that she was telling the truth about having the information was too good for him to pass up. "I doubt you're going to just give me this information for free..."

The gym had reset, and Xara was now fine-tuning her skills against a series of targets. She danced from one to another, making sure to strike each one. She didn't even need to land a definitive killing blow each time.

The powerful electrical pulses she generated from her palms travelled through the metallic blades, electrocuting the targets. If she were fighting living beings, the shocks would stun them long enough for her to land her next strike unhindered.

She spun away from the targets for a moment to survey the interior of the room. She knew she was being hunted, so she was wary to watch her back at all times.

She wondered what her own target was doing right now...

IC Phogen:

"Interesting, interesting!" She sat up and smiled. This was her element.

Mentally taking notes and concocting, Phogen tapped her fingers together. She lived for times like this. She could have sung if the library was not a particularly bad place to do that. She already was thinking up on what she might be able to offer her next customer.

She scampered off, looking for how she could be of further service. Exiting the library, she considered her next move. Going after Squid for information seemed like the logical thing to do. He ran off in a hurry from the meeting, so naturally, he was either worried or cunning. Both could use her services.

She began her search in the cafeteria.

Edited by Funkydude527

Exxan was taken aback. Xara was targetting him? There was no way he could fight her off. Even with his carefully-prepared trap, there was a high chance of her beating him.

He needed to take down his own target before Xara got to him. "Thank you for that information." he said, trying his best to remain calm. But Phogen was already gone...

IC: Squid.

Squid was in line at the cafeteria. When it was his turn, he said the food-Rahkshi,

"I'd like to file a complaint- this food is absolutely disgusting. I understand it is filling, but not even Rahi should have to eat this slop. However, I am starving and in need of food so this is my only choice." He held out his tray and prepared for the worst.

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC: Green

Green stood in line behind Squid, blade drawn. "We are here to learn and train, not to feast," she reminded the Rahkshi ahead of her. "We might have to eat worse in the field, after all, so you better get used to it. However," she said, turning to the food counter Rahkshi, "I am worried that the food here may be... deficient in certain nutrients. While I have yet to procure any testing equipment, I am under the suspicion that this... 'slop', as many students call it, may be deficient in carbohydrates and lipids, as well as certain minerals. I'll get back to you once I obtain the necessary equipment required for testing the 'slop's' nutrient content." She stood patiently in line, waiting for her turn.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC Vir

Outside

Vir savored the walk from the island's edge back to the school building. It was a good opportunity to think. Of course, flight would have been much faster, but Vir liked their feet firmly on the ground, thank you. Even the thought of zipping through the air made them feel sick.

Acutely conscious of the fact that one unknown Rahkshi in the school was plotting to attack them, Vir thought through possible plans for keeping away from the assassin. The refectory was usually the most crowded room in the building, but Vir was getting hungry and knew that if they ate nothing, they wouldn't be able to sleep soundly. And I wouldn't want to be caught tired tomorrow night...

Perhaps a late meal would be best. After all, dawn was approaching and the students would likely be heading back to their rooms soon. Of course, the gruel might be hard and stale by then, but that could presumably only make it more palatable.

So in the meantime... now what? Vir paused, just inside the door of the building. Perhaps they would go to the arena. Yes, that would be good. If the assassin chose to strike Vir down in combat it would be helpful to have a bit more practice.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Exxan stepped back and admired his handiwork. This was perfect. His additions to the trap were perfect. When Xara came for him, she'd be in for quite a surprise.

He sat back down and resumed not-reading his book, his back to the wall.

Everyone knew Exxan spent most of his time in the library, so he knew it was only a matter of time before his assassin came for him...

IC: Fall (Refectory)

There was every chance that both predator and prey were present in the Refectory, but Fall needed the food, and she doubted they would try to poison her. After all, the sludge they all ate came from the same pot, right...?

Fall craned her neck, sweeping the Refectory for some sign of the strange Rahkshi from before. If she couldn't find Phogen soon, Fall would have to just find her target before somebody found her. 

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Xara decapitated her dummy and turned to glare suspiciously at Glass. "If I had, you'd be tripping over pieces of them by now." Her glare intensified. "Unless you're here to attack me?"

Exxan looked up, trying to discern if Caoutchouc was trying to be funny.

His analytical mind concluded that there were three possibilities here: 1 - the elasticity Rahkshi was playing a joke, 2 - Phogen had lied to Exxan about who his assassin really was, or 3 - Xara had decided Exxan wasn't worth her time and sent someone else to kill Exann.

In two of those three scenarios, Caoutchouc was here to kill him. Exxan let his book drop and snatched up his staff.

His reply was defiant. "Not today."

IC

Exxan's staff-spear is short, the leverages if used as a striking weapon would be poor. The way he holds it seems to reflect this, it is grasped as a thrusting weapon. It's effective range a point rather than a line or curve.

I approach him, staying a bio outside his range; a step and lunge would allow him to strike at me. What I need to do is get inside his weapon's range, disarm him and take the fight to the ground. I am larger and stronger than him, a tangle involving weight, momentum and leverages will leave the advantage in my court.

Just outside his range, I feint to his left, a quick step I intend to follow with a sidestep and elastic tackle.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

Exxan had deliberately backed himself right into the corner, so that the only direction his oppenent could come at him from was straight ahead. Caoutchouc feinted left, but Exxan didn't take the bait. There was nothing to the left but a wall lined with bookshelves. Exxan's bookshelves...

Instead, he held his ground, focusing his powers on the carefully-constructed trap he'd made. At level two, a Vacuum Rahkshi could only pull small objects towards them. Many foes underestimated this ability, which seemed to be the case here.

Exxan's powers pulled at the smallest book in the pile he'd stacked, tugging it free and causing a three bio high pile of heavy hardcover encyclopedias to fall from a shelf...

...right down towards Caoutchouc's exposed head and shoulders.

There was a price to be paid for attacking Exxan on his home turf. This was his library!

IC Phogen:

Deciding to pay his keep, Phogen came barelling down the aisles of the Library as spon as he heard the challenge. Skidding to a halt down the aisle, she saw a wall of encyclopedias fall onto the assailant. She cursed her infomant and readied herslef for hand to hand comabat. She might not be able to produce shockwaves, but he could still pull off some clever tricks. Leaping up onto a nearby bookcase ladder, he braced himself against the frame on the far end and nodded to Exxan.

He would be here for him at the very least. Other responsibilities would be secondary, at least for now. Besides, this was one of his few peers he actually respected.

• Upvote 1

OOC: what time of the day is it?

IC: Dodge-256

256 had made it to the Chirox Causeway unhindered. He didn't know who his assassin was or where his target was, but he wasn't sticking around to find out. Not for today, at least. Maybe he'd visit the Cauldron, maybe he'd go shopping at Shadow on the Water or whatever that place was called, whatever; when he returned to the school, he was returning better armed. He raced above the teeth if the causeway, flying as fast as he could...

OOC: First visit to the mainland! Whoop whoop!

Xara decapitated her dummy and turned to glare suspiciously at Glass. "If I had, you'd be tripping over pieces of them by now." Her glare intensified. "Unless you're here to attack me?"

IC: Glass

"Woah, I'm glad you're not a Laser Vision Rahk, I'd be dead by now."

Glass's glaive ripped a dummy's guts open, stuffing flying everywhere.

"No, I'm not. If I were, I wouldn't approach you openly. As it were, my target is somewhere else, probably preparing for me. I'm just here to beat up dummies."

Edited by Tenth Norik

"Why are you killing dummies instead of tracking your target?" Xara asked. She was doing the exact same thing, but she had her reasons.

"I'm waiting. Everyone comes through here sooner or later," she explained, "my target will be suspicious if I seek them out. So I'm waiting for them to come to me..."

She smiled, "...kind of like you have." With that, she lunged, swinging both of her blades at Glass' chest.

Xara twisted out of the path of his lightning bolt and sidestepped his charge. "Before we go any further..." she backed off a little, "...I should probably let you know that you're actually not my target. But if you want to continue sparring, we can."

IC

I try to jump forward, it is too late.

Hundreds of books fall on me, my elasticity defrays the blows a small amount, but it is still very painful. Now, my lower body covered in books, I am literally laying face-down before my foe. He looks rather pleased with himself.

That look ****es me off, so I punch straight upwards, my arm extending lightning-fast. My powers giving me just enough flex to deliver my metallic-knuckle covered fist to the underside of his jaw.

...but close to it