Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Fang - Crawler

At first, he allowed her touch. He desperately tried to push the plasma away before it burned her.

Then, he yanked his hand out of her own with a scowl. "He hardly classifies as a person, Kat. Take whomever you will, but leave that selfish, spineless slug out of it. For his sake and our own. He always takes the easy path,... eliminating obstacles rather than facing them when his own skin is at stake. If you take him, he will turn at the first sign of danger and get us all killed!"

IC Kat:

"If we don't take all who want to get away from this place, we're no better for it. It's not an easy decision, but it's the right one. whether any of them are snakes or vile or traitorous isn't the point."

I sighed heavily.

"Mata Nui knows I'm tired of sucking it up to Tridax everytime I lead a team... but I do it so I can keep the others safe."

IC: Sliver - Terrain Crawler. 

Confusion plagued my mind. Exxan had done things, made enemies, but regretted it? What kind of Rahkshi was he? At first, I'd thought him weak, pathetic, a coward, but the Rahk over in the corner clearly hated Exxan.

There was more at play here than I'd originally thought.

Getting to my feet, I approached Fang and the other Rahkshi he was sitting with. "I couldn't help but notice your.... outburst.... regarding my younger brother," she sat down in a spare seat. "Care to tell me about it?" 

IC: Exxan - Terrain Crawler.

Oh karz....

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Fog:

Fog looked about for a seat, having been standing the whole time so far. Finding none, he plopped down next to Exxan. "Hi!", he said, adopting the tone of one of those airheaded bouncy Rahks he had seen.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I wasn't sure who this Rahkshi was or why they'd taken a sudden interest in me. "Hello?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He pointedly ignored Cao's call from the other end of the transport. He was relaxed...

He didn't quite know how to respond to Kat. If she refused to see the danger, or true justice, he knew he could not convince her. Some were undeserving of such kindness.

Speaking of... Fang grinned as Sliver took a seat near them. "I suppose you two haven't met," he began. "Sliver, this is Kat, my... er... friend." It was obvious from his hesitation that she was more, but he was still getting used to admitting the fact. "Kat," he suddenly burst out to cover himself, "this is Sliver, Exxan's sister. She's come a long way to... check on her brother."

His tone was genial, even as he discussed the same topics that had lit his anger just prior. "I suppose you already know most of the story. Your brother killed a Rahkshi who was in all ways his better, just to save himself from future conflicts. Though he sought reparations, he immediately turned the sword I forged on my friends. When I confronted him afterwards, he took advantage of my exhaustion, slandered everything I believed in, and dared to show his face after I recovered. It did... not end well for him..."

The more I learned about Exxan's behavior the more it confused me. "He seems fine. Better than fine, actually...." 

"I see," I thought that over, "so what happens now, between you and him?" 

IC Fog:

"Hi. What do you think will happen in this assignment? I'm excited!" Saying the words almost made Fog want to throw up, but he maintained the facade. But why didn't this Rahkshi remember him?

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

He shot a glance over to Kat. "Preferably... nothing. I don't want to see his pathetic faceplate again, but if he does show himself, perhaps more... drastic measures will be necessary. I don't want him... interrupting again, a sentiment he understands well, I'm sure."

IC: Sidonas - Terrain Crawler

Sidonas kept silent through the conversation he overheard. Who was this calling herself Exxan's sister? Exxan had a sister? What the Karz happened with that Rahk who said two would die? This was confuzing to Sidonas. He really needed to pay attention to these things. He would need to ask Kat, she knew about this stuff.

Sidonas turned to his scematics again, showing Recoil some of the mechanisms he had drafted for melee and ranged gadgetry.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I still wasn't sure of who this Rahkshi was, but knew their face from.... somewhere. "Well, we're being pitted agaisnt each other in teams..." I trailed off, looking over towards Fang and Sliver, "...depending on who ends up on what teams, things might get messy."

"Isn't this a team-based assignment?" I'd managed to figure out that much from the inane discussions of the Rahkshi that I'd been sitting near earlier. "What happens if you wind up on the same team as Exxan?" 

IC Fog:

Fog followed Exxan's gaze. "Why, do you not like those guys?", he said, unnecessarily loudly. Nothing like pretending to be stupid for gathering info.

His scowl deepened. "I would hope the entire team would not have to spend every moment together," he said. "But if Exxan dares open his mouth... I'll be there to shut it up again."

The thought had occurred to him as well. It would be unpleasant for the both of them, but as easy as it would be to leave Exxan to the Visorak, he doubted Kat would give him the chance.

"And if you're on opposing teams?"

"More that they don't like me." 

IC: Alpha/Crawler

That was it. I couldn't sit here so awkwardly.

"Uh...should I go...sit somewhere else?" I asked Fang.

IC: Stronghold and Punch+Counterpunch/3rd Person/Crawler

The situation was also getting uncomfortable to them, even if they weren't sitting with either of them.

"I am not one to go out of my way to... remove obstacles, but should he become a problem, I suppose I would give him the same 'courtesy' he showed Omega. Hopefully, the distance will not necessitate that."

His bloodlust was broken by Alpha's sudden interruption. "...go?" he repeated in shock. "Why would you need to go?"

"My brother is more than just an obstacle," I interjected, "he's a monster. Heartless, uncaring." I glowered at the other Rahkshi. "I'm not trying to get anyone killed. Quite the opposite; I don't want him killing anyone else." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

For the moment, Kat and Sliver were silenced, though their remarks made his fists clench. His sole focus was on Alpha, his eyes were fixed in a confused stare. "...uncomfortable?" he repeated.

"...It's hard to explain... Do you...often get angry like this? When talking about my brother? And about him in general?"

I began fidgeting. That was new to me, too. I guess many things are possible when you're nervous.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"The more important question is why aren't you angry?" I asked the other Rahk. "My brother killed yours. Don't you hate him for it? Karz, don't you hate me for it?" 

"I do. He even accuses me for lying and deception, thinking my existence is merely a prank. But I am unwilling to follow the same mistakes the two of them made. I don't hate you though, since you aren't related to his death, even if you're his sister."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"Your brother was... the best Rahkshi I knew," he replied, calmly, though his voice began twisting into a growl. "And Exxan has done very little to warrant my kindness. What reason have I not to be angry?!"

He stopped himself and took a deep breath. "Does... that make you uncomfortable?"

"Aw, thanks," I said brightly. It was good to see that not everyone in the world had adopted the "guilty by association" approach to people who caused them problems. That innocence of hers would almost certainly get her killed, though, and her lack of drive to get revenge on Exxan for her brother's demise rendered her utterly useless as an ally. "And you're completely correct: two wrongs don't make a right." 

I turned back to Fang. "But someone's got to do what needs to be done." 

"Oh..." he sighed. "I'm... sorry. I didn't mean to... frighten."

She was right. His vengeance was overwhelming him. He had been ready to commit the deed he despised Exxan for. He was going to make the same mistakes.

But she admits someone needs to deal justice...

He slowly turned and sat back in his seat. His head fell into his hands.

It is not for myself.

It is for Omega. For Alpha.

Not myself.

Punishing Exxan for my own vulnerabilities is simply revenge. Justice is serving those that are unable to help themselves.

Just as I swore to do, so long ago.

He looked back up to Alpha with a small grin, but a familiar fire burned in his eyes.

My work here is done. I got to my feet and started back towards my original seat. "I'll leave you all to your thoughts."

Silver's leaving, but something's bugging me.

"Do you think it's strange how she's trying to learn a lot more about her brother. She already knows that he's doing 'well' and is already like a backstabbing Karzhead. What more could she need?" I said in a whisper to Fang, low enough for only the two of us to hear.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

He leaned in conspiratorially to give his reply. "She told me she didn't know the details. Didn't you want to know what Omega had been doing while you were... away? She wants to know the whole story before bringing it back to her Makuta, and perhaps dealing what justice Exxan deserves."

Unless I get to him first.

IC: There was an almighty hiss from the Crawler as its hatches sealed, almost as though the shell were regaining some of its old life back. Lights of pale white came on that bathed the students in a cold and steely light. An initial lurch shook the passenger carriage as the Crawler backed up, skittering into the murky waters around Corpus Rahkshi. The movements became smoother as it submerged, the remains of its old biological systems along with the installed mechanical ones taking over, its smooth undulations at odds with the frenzied lashings of its propellors and paddling feet. The voyage to Visorak had begun...

Palma watched the Terrain Crawler depart from the infirmary's one north-facing window and sighed. She could already imagine the kind of injuries the particiants would be coming back with. Better get clearing the beds then.

She'd already fixed up Booger, well as best she could. Never could quite cure his baffling oozing problem. Vaalku was next, but she couldn do anything until she'd removed the arrow in his back. Otherwise her powers would just heal him around it, and he'd be left with the pointed shard niggling and cutting his back forever. Opening one of the medical cabinets she looked for a set of long tweezers, hoping Still had taken them when he'd retrieved supplies to help her

Edited by I Am Ultron Six
  • Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg