Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Exxan - Library. 

I said nothing, simply watching him for a few more moments before returning to my book. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Hollow/Xi

The halls a couple hundred feet from the infirmary were cleared, aside from a Porter who had stopped to watch in case the two came to blows.

"For the last time, YES!!" Xi bellowed as best he could to his older brother. "I was brought here by her, not beaten here! How many times must I bore it through your brain?!"

"Since WHEN was a paint-changing psychopath not a serial killer??" Hollow thundered, towering over the multi-armed Rahk. "I don't want to see you around her ever again, you hear?"

Xi snarled. "You don't have any control over how I live my life."

The cyclone Rahkshi started, half-formed words fumbling around in his mouth and eventually coming out as nothing but gibberish. Growling, he pelted the wall behind Xi, sending bits of the carnivorous rock flying, not sure what else to say or do. Xi knew this, and stood defiantly, one set of his arms crossed while the other set dangled loosely. It was a while before Hollow spoke again.

"Oh, Xi... You know I'm not here to stir up trouble." His voice, even though much softer than before, still seemed to echo from some fiery furnace in his body. "You remember the time the beam..."

"That's before." Xi cut in, resting a hand on Hollow's shoulder. "I've already promised to you I'll cut my ties with them if need be, and fight if I'm attacked. But you have to learn to trust people, Hollow. They aren't trying to do anything wrong."

"Trust people, when you've been beaten around you whole life?" Hollow snapped. "Only reason you're here is 'cause I scared the daylights out of anybody trying to hurt you. Yet you try to run off and  join with a bunch of Rahks-"

"You have my word." Xi said. "If we're going to fight through the world we'll need backup support."

Hollow gave a semi-frown at his younger sibling.

"Now, come along Hollow. We have an appointment to keep."

IC: Tear - Library

Tear rested for a while in Melody's comforting embrace before pushing back to ask, "W-w-who are y-you?"

The voice that answered was as anxious and broken as her own. "Th-this is the F-fellowship of P-peace," Melody replied, taking a hand from Tear's shoulder to gesture at the others surrounding them.

Tear glanced from Rahkshi to Rahkshi through bleary eyes. "P-p-peace?" she gasped. It didn't seem possible that here, of all places, would be someone searching for peace. It had to be a trick, and yet... the white Rahkshi seemed so kind and sincere. Just like Mother.

IC: Canvas - Cauldron

Canvas rested there for what seemed only moments, but as she glanced back up, the last light of the day was being captured in the falls outside. She sat up quickly. "Karz," she cursed, "Is it really that late?" She still had so many preparations to make! There were things to do and people to see and... not enough time. Canvas rushed back to her little corner of the Cauldron, tossing her detached spines aside as she went. When she emerged a few minutes later, she was bearing the simple ivory paint and serrated spines of a Kurahk. 

The light outside was dimming. "Stay here!" she snapped at Magnum Opus, hoping he could find something to occupy himself rather than putting himself in harm's way. But she didn't wait to find out, as she was already breaking through the watery curtain and hurtling herself into the night air.

The sky, then the doors, then the halls passed her in a blur. Even in her haste, her sharp memory guided her directly to the Refectory, where she crashed against the doorway out of breath. She was but a few minutes late, but she feared that she had already missed the deadline and her life was already void. Still, she searched the crowds for the unmistakable forms of Xi and Hollow.

IC Hollow/Xi

Xi wasn't anywhere near as surprised as Hollow to find Canvas there before them. She looked intent on finding the pair, so Xi motioned to Hollow and the two walked up.

"Hello." Xi said. "I'm terribly sorry for any trouble my brother-"

"I can speak for myself." The powerful hand that found itself on Xi's shoulder was enough to make the lighter Rahk cringe slightly, despite the chastising in the halls. "I can't take anybody's word for Xi's safety other than his own, so you must understand why I acted the way I did. However he has expressed your trustworthiness to me, and I will take his word on the matter. However, I will require to speak with your group as a whole as a safeguard."

Xi looked up questioningly, and catching his glare, Hollow continued. "I insist upon knowing who it is that holds the protection of my brother's life."

IC Spindle

That word. It stung like a needle.

Spindle snapped around suddenly, locking onto Melody as his eyes widened. P...Peace? That word sounded familiar, but... What did it mean to this Rahkshi? Peace between combat or peace of mind? Am I- No. Overreacting. I'm doing an overreacting.

IC: Canvas - Refectory

The voice from behind her very nearly scared Canvas right out of her suit. For a brief moment, her white "paint" faded to hues of gold and pink, but it was back to "normal" by the time she had wheeled around to face them. Her wide eyes flicked back and forth between the two uncomprehendingly. The pair seemed so different from what they had been just a few hours before.

But when they had finished, Canvas just shook her head. "N-no," she whispered hoarsely. "Y-you don't need t-to meet them, because w-we are not responsible for Xi anymore." Her voice rose with her courage until she loudly announced, "He is no longer a part of the Fellowship!"

IC Hollow/Xi

Xi's face lit up with surprise as Hollow stepped forwards. "Nevertheless I will speak with them, whether you have a say or not. And you mean to tell me you wasted my time - my brother's time - just to go on a dramatic goose chase and get him wounded? How absolutely stupid are you; playing games with me?!"

If Canvas was expecting the white titan to humble himself, she would be outright disappointment.

"I'm not playing this time!" Canvas shouted right back. "Xi is my friend; the only thing holding him back from us is you and your arrogance! If Xi is to come back, you can't follow. Let him live his own life!"

IC Hollow/Xi

The partially nasal snarl that followed echoed around the entire refectory. "And some friend you are. If I hear one word about violence towards Xi, I'll break-"

"Hollow please!" Xi was almost in tears. "This is my decision, and I intend to follow through fully. If that's a problem for you I'm s-sorry. But if you want me to defend myself I can't hang under your shadow forever." His attempt at swallowing his sadness was a dismal failure.

Hollow's emotion drained almost instantly, and he glanced questioningly from Xi to Canvas. After a while he finally spoke. "I don't like it." He locked eyes with Xi. "You keep them in line, you hear?" His much more realistic tone then brougt a smirk to Xi's face despite his previous emotion. Hollow turned to leave, but whirled around and pointed at Canvas.

"You said This time." The old thunder was up again. "I'll do as you wish and keep my peace, but this is the only warning you will receive." With a reassuring and slightly overconfident look towards his brother, he turned and left the refectory, pausing momentarily when he recognized Sliver behind the slop stand. Xi was left in a longing stare back at his sibling.

IC: Sliver - Refectory. 

Why these idiots chose to have shouting matches in the refectory, of all places, was quite beyond me...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Canvas' glare followed Hollow all the way to the door, but the moment he left her sight, she wearily collapsed into the nearest chair. She was shaking and muttering something about the "Fellowship of Peace" into her hands before she suddenly broke out into hysterical giggling. Her white paint flickered with each breath, once again revealing gold and pink beneath.

Edited by Click

IC Xi

Xi turned with horror at Canvas, wondering if Hollow had forced her into a mental breakdown. He reached out to help her, but a stabbing pain shot through his lower arm, arcing through each finger. He shouted something indistinguishable, gripping at it nervously.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Slif - Refectory

The refectory was a loud, bustling place. No, there wasn't a whole lot of conversation, but there was plenty of general noise-making. Plates clattering, rahks scuffing the floor as they walked, food being chewed and smacked. There wasn't much conversation, and whatever there was was generally pretty loud and obnoxious. More often than not it was an angry rahkshi who had nothing better to do than try and pick a fight with someone. I let all the noise just flow past me, and focused only on my food. There was no point in focusing on anything else really, it was all just more of the same.

That's what I was thinking, up until I heard the giggling. That caught my attention.

"The what?" I turned in my seat, seeing a large white rahkshi storm out of the far doorway, and a smaller white rahkshi just beginning to break into hysterics. It... didn't look healthy. Shoveling whatever was left on my plate into my mouth and leaving the plate at the counter, I couldn't help myself from walking over to them.

OOC: Edited just so I could write it out better.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

With a final gasp, Canvas' mumblings became coherent again. "He's gone!" she giggled. "He's gone!" She grasped at her faceplates as if checking they were still there before breaking out in another fit of giggling.

IC--Footwork--Library

If they hadn't been in the middle of the library, Footwork would have burst out laughing. As it was, he managed to restrain himself to a string of loud is chuckles. "That," he managed after a few seconds, "could be the school motto."

IC: Snap [library]

"Yaaaaaah, see?" she grinned further, "I guess you get what you pay for when you let makuta make life, if it ain't broke to start, they bust it up in a joint like this!"

her near-blasphemous words were now all a bit loud for library talk, and she peppered her sentences with a distinct tone of jovial mockery.

IC: Teeth [Teeth's dorm]

For the love of all things great and powerful why was I still awake? I should hae been asleep by now but noooooo, gotta lay in bed and remember how much I loathe existence, that's just what the doctor ordered, I'm sure...

...I'm hungry again.

IC: Rose [Refectory]

Rose sucked the last slop from her dish, and her eyes similarly finished off their scan of the room, of all the things in it, they focused now on Sliver, and Rose slowly stood up, cracking her neck once for each side as an intimidation tactic before approaching the slop counter,

"ey"  she grunted, her voice still light and scratchy all the same, "you"

IC: Kaita [wherever??]

Kaita had, meanwhile, returned to stormign the halls of Corpus Rahkshi, a pastime they partook in so frequently one might mistake them for a Porter, a very large, lopsided, and argumentative porter. The discourse of the day it seems was who's leg was which, and none of the personality fragments seemed ready to come to a conclusion,

"...absolute idiot, we only have TWO legs, you don't even GET a leg, see?"

"yeah but, i thought maybe, y'know, i could, share a leg or somet- -yeah, hold that thought, 'yknow why? cuz nobody CARES what you think? duh."

At this point most rahkshi would have given up and just left the conversation, Kaita, like their namesake, was unfortunately stuck with themself, unless someone more... diplomatic, were to intervene...

OOC: Rose is approaching Sliver, Snap is still lodged in conversation mode with Footwork, the other two are open to interact, in the [Dorm] and [East Hall] respectively. sorry for taking over a month to get back into it!

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

"Yes," I replied flatly, glaring at the other rahk from across the counter, "Me." 

IC: Era - Forest of Kaam.

Zivon chirped brightly, beginning to spiral back down towards me, "Something's coming," I called out to the others, hoping it was an airborne Caotchouc that had gotten the hawk's attention, and not one of the Hand. 

IC: Xara - Forest of Kaam. 

At the sight of the returning bird, Sand meowed happily, probably already thinking of how nice the hawk was going to taste. Not for the first time, I wondered if taking my pet cat along with me had been the best idea... 

IC Kat:

"Ready up on me!" I called in response. "Do -not- engage unless engaged first!"

IC Twins:

"I would prefer to rest quietly, brother." Ezec said simply.

"Yes, so leave." Aza hissed.

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

Canvas abruptly stood and stepped forward to seize Xi by the shoulders, seemingly completely oblivious to Slif. "Don't you see? He's gone!" she cried. "I did it, he's gone!"

For a moment, the madness left her eyes, and Canvas' head rolled around to glance at Slif. "Hey... you're... different..." she mumbled before suddenly dropping to the floor. The white in her armor shimmered and vanished, revealing her true colors.

IC: Melody - Library

As Melody's eyes swept across the Fellowship, they met Spindle's startled gaze. She beckoned him over with a smile.

Hold up... I recognize this four armed guy. And I swear I'd heard the other's voice before. Suddenly she's up in 'Arms' face, and ranting, and then she met eyes with me. There hadn't been room for me in her little world, but suddenly there was. And now she's on the ground.

"Oh."

That took me off guard. I couldn't help but stand there stupidly as she just, lay there, on the floor. I looked over at Arms, who was still gripping at one of his arms.

"Uh.... mind telling me what just happened?"

Tear followed Melody's gaze until she too found Spindle. "Oh," she stammered, "Th-that's my f-friend. H-he's p-protecting me."

Suddenly realizing Tear hadn't given so much as her name, she added, "And I'm T-Tear." She couldn't help but grin sheepishly. It was obvious by now where her name came from.

Edited by Click

OOC:

Tear followed Melody's gaze until she too found her friend. "Oh," she stammered, "Th-that's Spindle. H-he's p-protecting me."

Suddenly realizing Tear hadn't given so much as her name, she added, "And I'm T-Tear." She couldn't help but grin sheepishly. It was obvious by now where her name came from.

Hm. I don't recall Spindle saying his name to Tear, but it's fine.

IC Spindle

Spindle slapped a smile onto his face for two seconds and then went back to suspicion.

OOC: Well, I guess you're right. Seemed like something that should have come up. Fixed.

By the way, Xi post?

Melody didn't know what was taking the little Rahkshi so long. Wasn't it obvious that she and her friends meant no harm? Or perhaps...

She raised both her hands from Tear, showing she held nothing but her flute, and then she put that too aside. The teal Rahkshi looked up at her questioningly.

OOC:

By the way, Xi post?

Sorry, I didn't know you were waiting on it.

IC Spindle

Spindle's eyes darted about nervously, although his face remained flat and questioning. Several of the other students nearby were armed well enough. But, not many weapons do so well against a door...

IC Xi

"W... Water sounds... Good?"

He couldn't even comprehend what he was saying. The situation had become so awkward that any anger from Canvas' supposed achievement had flown to the other side of the world, and now he was questioning his life.

IC: Thurisaz / Infirmary, Halls

Thurisaz dipped his head agreeably, anger ignored. Then he proceeded out of the Infirmary into the halls, headed for the Library.

IC: Gaever / Library

After arriving at the school, Gaever proceeded first to the Library. Paying the other Rahkshi in the room predictably little attention, she proceeded to navigate the shelves in search of a book on basic building methods - something that would contain the information on the creation of mortar that she, regrettably, lacked.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Tube - Infirmary

The temptation to mess with the unconscious Rahkshi quickly vanished as Tube noticed their Master leaving the Infirmary. With a quick, frightened glance to Aza, they hurried after the Turahk. "Are we going to smash people now?" Tube asked innocently.

OOC: I'm really running out of things for Melody to say...

IC: Thurisaz / Hallway

"Combat is indeed to occur," Thurisaz replied, releasing a grin across his features for his minion's enthusiasm, "for I intend to host a tournament."

He wondered if it would take more than that to keep Tube's childlike zest for violence satisfied. Maybe he would have to see about arranging a chance for him to bash someone outside the context of organized combat he was envisioning for his competition.

OOC: Okay, I'll try to think of something for Lucid to say.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"...Yeah, I'll go get that." Tall-dark-and-appendaged was clearly too dumbstruck by whatever brakas had just been going on, so I just gave him a pat on the shoulder, turned around, and headed for the counter. There was a new Rahkshi that looked like it was getting ready to challenge the grump behind the counter, but I didn't have time for whatever squabble they were getting into. I leaned over the counter just to the side of the new rahk, placing my forearms down on the counter-top.

"Hey... do you have water back here? Is that a thing you do?"

"This is the refectory," I replied flatly, "We have gruel, slightly less lumpy gruel, and yesterday's grimy leftover gruel." 

"That's a little ways away. And I still think she should get some air outside."

I stepped back, and gestured with my arms, "Feel free to take her yourself, if you can carry her. I'll go get her the water if she still needs it."

Moving only a few steps, I grabbed a bowl and turned around to head out.

"Meet me by the memorial?"

Tear raised her head to consider the vibrant Rahkshi for a moment. Apparently finding little to be frightened of, Tear slipped out of Melody's arms and crawled closer. "Y-you want t-to read my w-what?" Tear asked hesitantly.

Melody let Tear escape to the safety of Lucid's company and determined to turn her focus on the frightened one with the... door. Or perhaps it was her attention that was making him so nervous. She turned to watch the teal Rahkshi, keeping Spindle in the corner of her eye.

IC: Tube - Hallways

Tube suddenly stopped to ponder the word. "A turna.... tourma... tourmanent?" They grinned up at Thurstaz, pleased with their accomplishment of (almost) pronouncing the word right, and just as pleased about the promise the word would bring. "But the Makuta didn't ask for a tourmanent."