Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

We've had a few Rahkshi who were a bit more upright and stately but one exactly the proportions of a Toa isn't going to work, Arctic. I mean, how's the kraata going to fit? It'd be at a ninety degree angle all the time, can't be comfortable. And how would he go from that to a Rahkshi, thats more than just a change in posture thats bona fide shapeshifting. Which is a Rahkshi power...but not the one you picked :P

Ditto the colour changing, faulty pigmentation doesn't explain how his armour repeatedly shifts between two very different shades due to a mental change that they're somehow able to detect. Sorry but you're going to have to rethink this idea a bit

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Seriously? I was going to make a Rahkshi with two personalities! Thief :P

Well, I still will as soon as I get non-mobile access again. Guess it's my fault for throwing the idea around.

Poly, anyone? Okay, maybe not exactly the same, but still!

I was the inspired one!

Kind of... To be honest it was VahkiDane saying Omega was going to be torn between Fang and Phogent that got me thinking about it. I suggested Omega come down with DID if you recall.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Here is my FINAL final character. Gosh darn you lot who convinced me to do this.

Name: Deadeye

Variation: Laser Vision

Gear: Deadeye possesses two knifes that are connected to his arms via ropes. He can use these to shank or swing.

Appearance: Deadeye appears to have scratched cryptic messages on his armour. These messages vary from "Die." to "I am going to rip your kraata out and dissect it one by one.". His armour in question is the normal laser vision colours, as is his kraata.

Personality: Deadeye is.... unstable to say the least. He is regarded as insane and is sent to Palma constantly to make sure he isn't killing people. He loves torturing people, especially if they have crossed him.

Bio: When Deadeye was born, he didn't move. His Makuta originally thought he was dead but he started moving very quickly and began attacking the other Kraata. Needless to say, he needed medication and soon he was sent to Corpus Rahkshi to see how he would perform. 

Edited by VahkiDane

Well, Jaynar (or whatever his name is) is trying to learn it. Plus, think about it: at level two, it seems that all Shadow Rahkshi can do is surround themselves in darkness. That simply cripples themselves, and maybe people near them. They need to somehow see or move in the darkness! Am I the only one who sees this?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Deadeye is approved.

Also, we just overtook Le-Wahi, only Ga and Ta stand in our way of being the largest RPG topic in the forum! Really did not consider that as a possibility when I first dreamt up and submitted Corpus Rahkshi, especially not in only a couple of months. Big thanks to all you players who just keep on posting :)

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'd argue that it would be impossible, from the perspective of fairness. If Rahkshi who can see suddenly all started learning echolocation, it would be very OP. Because Era is only at level two, I've limited her "sight" to only be able to clearly define things that are within melee range. The further away something is, the more indistinct it becomes.

Yeah, I've been trying to tone down Hoto as well. Her echolocation has a longer range, but it is less precise. She can recognize Rahkshi at longer ranges, but small details like Phogen's book on the shelf are hard for her to see. I actually did a bit of research before getting into her character too much. Real echolocation can be extremely precise, but bats use directed soundwaves.

Her power sense does seem arbitrary at times, but keep in mind a large portion of the powers are undetectable by a blind Rahkshi, and almost half would be extremely hard to tell by touch or aura alone. I've just been able to come up with something for those she has seen, and it does equal things out a bit.

As for teaching echolocation, I think it would be extremely hard, but not impossible. It could take many, many sessions to be able to develop a weak sense, and they would never have the sensitivity Hoto and Era have. Besides, how often could a Rahkshi with sight need it? They have near-perfect night vision, and not every fight will be against a vision-based power.

• Upvote 1

*coughs* vahkidane *coughs* :P

You're still eating my dust. Big thanks to Hubert for incidentally showing me where to find this link, btw. 

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

About echolocation, what Click said. I don't plan on Jayar ever having anything more than a very weak sense of it indeed, maybe just strong enough for him to get a vague sense of direction in a Darkness field, like one of the Twin's swords throws up. But if Ultron dictates it too OP Jayar just won't be able to get the hang of it.

Also, I'm number 16 on that top 20 list? (Higher with this post!) That was not expected.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

So, sorry that I haven't really been active at all the past two days; I was violently sick Christmas Eve evening/Christmas Day. Still not feeling great, but hopefully I can post a bit later and tomorrow morning (when I'm not hanging out with friends).

Also, I find it humorous that most of the top daily posters are members of this RPG. XP

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

So, sorry that I haven't really been active at all the past two days; I was violently sick Christmas Eve evening/Christmas Day. Still not feeling great, but hopefully I can post a bit later and tomorrow morning (when I'm not hanging out with friends).

Also, I find it humorous that most of the top daily posters are members of this RPG. XP

I was top daily poster before this RPG was even a thing, ohohoho.

(That's why I'm at the top of all time)

Yeah, in regards to characters like Deadeye... crazy can get boring after a while. You have to mix it up with some spontaneity. And madness. And what? I thought I was destined to become the next Hubert! I met all of your stupid criteria! 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Jealous? No... Why would I be jealous? 

On another note, writing this NPC Ghost is quite possibly the most fun I've had in a while. I might have to make him a permanent character, with Ultron's approval, anyway.

That might actually be interesting. Maybe Fang could be an apprentice. He seems to like forging, and it calms him down somewhat. Who knows, maybe he just needs a hobby.