Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

"I just arrived a few hours ago," Anubissium replied.

Uh, what?

It's only been a few hours in-game time since Anubissium got to Corpus Rahkshi. I think.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Also, the heck is up with bullseye? First he's curious, then he's angry, then he's leaving, comes back, cool and logical.

he's all over the place, like he doesn't quite know what he's doing.

He's tries to appeal to others' emotions by acting.

And the leaving part, he left the room but stayed at the doorway out of sight.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Ready when you are for the second Palma post, Ultron.

Also, the heck is up with bullseye? First he's curious, then he's angry, then he's leaving, comes back, cool and logical.

Or like his writer doesn't quite know what he's doing with him...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Oh. Okay, then, if that's the case, there should be some insight to his actual thoughts, if nothing else than for readers. Otherwise you've got a character that doesn't seem to have any sort of real personality, and rather one that just does things because..... No one knows why.

Look at Wraith, for example. Totally acts everything, but Sil gives insight through his writing as to his/her actual thoughts behind the acting.

Makes a more believable character.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Oh. Okay, then, if that's the case, there should be some insight to his actual thoughts, if nothing else than for readers. Otherwise you've got a character that doesn't seem to have any sort of real personality, and rather one that just does things because..... No one knows why.

Look at Wraith, for example. Totally acts everything, but Sil gives insight through his writing as to his/her actual thoughts behind the acting.

Makes a more believable character.

Oh. Okay.

Right now it just seems like you're having your character do whatever you want him to do, without him having any particular motive for doing so. This might sound a little weird, but it makes it seem like the writer is controlling the character instead of the character making their own decisions. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Exxan put it out already. You're welcome. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: never mess with a nerd on his home turf. Exxan is coming for you, Torch. 

Surprisingly... Exxan has not. The last person who tried got killed by encyclopedias. 

• Upvote 1

Alright, second character. We have a priest, now it's time for a vampire. Mvahahahaha!

NAME: Vlad

VARIATION: Hunger

LEVEL: 3

GEAR: A white cape with lightstones sewn into it in the pattern of the stars over Corpus Rahkshi: calls it the Cape of Umbra
            A pet ice bat he calls Ivan
            A magnetic device mounted on his dorm room ceiling which can magnetically hold his feet, allowing him to sleep upside-down

A double-sided dagger called Avenger, which looks like Berix's shield, capable of returning to his hand when thrown and releasing bright flashes of light when activated, this power can be locked on so it is lit while he throws it. Stolen by Illusive during their battle on the ice, used to pin a Matoran's corpse to a Causeway pillar and taken by Pyre, currently with Percy.

A long, barbed chain whip, capable of channeling his Hunger powers.

A double-sided, one-handed battleaxe.

APPEARENCE: Vlad has painted himself white and gold, the 'colors of evil.' He always wears the Cape of Umbra. During a harrowing crusade to frighten the Matoran villages near the school, much of his faceplate and carapace were scalded and blackened.

PERSONALITY: The average Hunger Rahkshi would probably think of Vlad as similar to a vampire. However, as the average Hunger Rahkshi is already pretty similar to a vampire, the double negatives cancel out. In other words, Vlad fears darkness (he's been known to complain of it burning him, thus he always wears the Cape of Umbra), and shirks from Makuta symbols, which he considers holy. He does have some vampiric characteristics, however - two of his teeth are sharpened, he has a pet bat, and he sleeps upside down. He's really a nice guy, and although he has persistent urges to feast on the strength of his fellow Rahkshi, he is pretty good at fighting them off... usually... He speaks with a Transylvanian accent.

BIOGRAPHY: Vlad was born with weak night vision, but tolerance, even a strange enjoyment, of light. He was allowed to live because he was intelligent for the sake of experiment, but it's a forgone conclusion that as a warrior of darkness, he stinks. When he arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, he attacked several students while they were sleeping, but he's had counseling since then that was mostly effective. The Matoran don't mind his presence much, even after Wreck the Halls, and he does a variety of odd jobs for them, which earned him his 'bed' and pet ice bat.

Vlad experienced a long line of misadventures, including a pathetic failure dueling Hashan, being pushed down a flight of stairs on Malebranche, having his 'bed' stolen and putting the thief on trial, and making a lone friend in Drift before probably irrevocably screwing it up by attacking a Kraata. Eventually Vlad came to the Gym to teach himself to play the organ on a massive instance of the instrument formed by the living stone.

That was interrupted, though, when four Matoran barged into the Gym. Vlad tried to protect them, but was too slow to beat Nightmare to one, and the small sadistic Rahkshi killed her. The Vorahk rushed another to the Infirmary, and was assigned along with Xara and Mortsia by Palma to hiding yet another from Tridax.

They managed to do so successfully, hiding the Matoran in a cave beneath the school. Vlad even gave the Matoran the Cloak of Umbra, to serve as a cushion. As a result of the sucessful evacuation, Vlad leveled up, but in typical abnormal fashion, he was disappointed to discover this, for increased power merely made him more of a potential menace to his fellow Rahkshi.

He shortly after embarked on a quest to track down the one responsible for bringing the Matoran to the school, working with Fang, Lucid, and Alpha on doing so. However, without the Cloak of Umbra, the darkness began to get at him, and he fled the Gym in search of a light source to end the pain brought on by the darkness.

More stuff happened, including a massive battle with Illusive in an ice rink in the Gym, which I might eventually add to here when I'm feeling less lazy.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Wow uh, things have really picked up since I was last here. 

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

I've been wanting to make just one more character for a while, and I think I've got an idea:

Name: Root

Variation: Plant Control

Level: 2

Gear: A long wooden staff with seed pods on either end that can be grown into various plants before a battle. Includes a thorny vine, poisonous bulbs that burst on contact, and a plant that easily ignites when rubbed on a rough surface.

Appearance: Root has picked up the habit of keeping various plant samples in odd places, including all around his room and inside his armor. As such, his spines, which are plain in design, are overgrown with vines, and mosses and roots cover the rest of his armor. It forms a rough shield that wouldn't be able to withstand much and gives him easy access to a variety of tools. Beneath his odd coat, his armor is dark green and brown, though much of it is rusting away.

Personality: Root strives to be the perfect example of a hero, the definition of which was taken from the many novels he has poured over in the Library. He has a passage memorized for nearly every situation detailing exactly what a hero would do, though at times this means his viewpoint can be a little extreme. He maintains a fierce code of ethics including such rules such as protect fair maidens and books, though he is not above killing if he sees no other way.

Though his courage is great, his social skills are a little underdeveloped, and his archaic, flowery words are in sharp contrast to his constant stutter.

Bio: Root was never fond of the other Rahkshi, mostly because they made fun of his messy habits, and tended to find solace in books. The first few weeks of his existence were spent finding all he could about plants to be able to use his powers most effectively. Shortly afterwards, he read his first epic, the story of a Toa who lost his entire team to Zyglak, and his later adventures. Root has been looking over adventures like that ever since, resolving to try to be as heroic as that.

'Twas the fifth assignment when noble Root met his end. Captured and beaten by the Backstab team, Root still planned his escape in the hopes that at least his companions could return to their allies. At last, the Backstab members left their base, and Root approached the door to offer his last sacrifice. His sapling brought down the door, but he was caught in the rubble. Though Punch attempted to bring him to safety, Root was too grievously injured, and he offered his last words to Shield before passing on into a hero’s death. His parting gift to his companion was a small plant called Shudderleaf, but its colors and appearance closely resembled that of a Kraata of Plant Control, and thus Root had always called it Hero’s Blade.

In the interest of space, the full Bio can be found in this Google Doc.

This should be fun. I'll get a drawing of him out at some point.

Edited by Click

That was... totally unintentional?  :fear: :D I just thought I'd stick with the theme.

And of course I wasn't thinking of Guardians of the Galaxy when I picked that. :P

He will be... shy and stuttery, but not limited to "I", and "Am", and "Root," exclusively in that order. He don't know talking good like me and you, but he's read enough books to be eloquent when a hero would need to be.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

I regret nothing. I have influenced someone to RP their character similar to Groot, and that makes me extremely happy. Now all we need is a bunch of other Guardians characters like Starlord and Yandu. I want someone to whistle an arrow around the school. X3

Also, no need for the periods. Just ToD is good. Or Savior of the Universe. Or something like that.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

As long as he somewhat speaks like Groot, I'm happy. Similar note, since he is a fan of Toa and heroes and stuff, would he be well-suited for Depths of the Abyss?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

So...is anyone gonna stop Torch burning the building down or what?

Exxan already put out the fire. I love how whenever someone tries to do something to ruin Exxan's day it winds up making him seem like a great guy. You start a fire in the library, he puts it out using his magical level three powers and comes out looking like a hero. 

How is it that circumstances always play out in my favour?