Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Unlike children, however, these characters are already fully capable of not only speech, but combat, planning, and advanced tactics. 

Last I checked, that was something they had to learn. They weren't born - or spawned, or whatever - instantly able to fight and strategise and whatnot. They were sent to Corpus Rahkshi specifically so they could learn those skills.

keep playing Xara with what I see as an abnormally low linguistic capacity if you want.

Having grown up with a grandfather who speaks with a heavy Italian accept, I know firsthand that it takes time to learn to understand someone who speaks in a way differently to what you're used to.

I'm sure, given time, Xara could learn to easily understand what Vlad is saying, but it seemed unrealistic to me for her to be immediately able to make sense of his speech, considering how different it was to her own. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I like how you ignored the part where I mentioned context in favor of using ad hominem on my argument. Good job.

Beyond that, how heavy is Vlad's accent supposed to be? And further more, given the Rahkshi language was -created-, it must have had to be -learned- which would imply that at the very least there is one other student who speaks as Vlad does.

Given Xara's propensity to spar with just about anyone, it seems unlikely she's never come across an accent before.

Edited by Chumpu

Beyond that, how heavy is Vlad's accent supposed to be?

My intent is that it be thick enough to be obvious and distinctive, but not heavy enough to impede communication with other Rahkshi. And as no one ever had an issue with understanding it before now, I thought I had succeeded in this.

I don't think Vlad necessarily had to have learned it from someone else, though. He probably wound up with it his typical incompetent fashion by learning standard Rahkshi incorrectly, and then just stuck with it as an expression of individuality. Or perhaps he read a book with a vampiric being in to whom he could relate, and adopted his accent. No other Transylvanian Rahkshi needs to exist, though it might be pretty cool if one did so Vlad could have a friend/mentor guy.

(I just realized that, instead of Vlad, I could have called him Rahkula. Oh well.)

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Vlad might consider having an alias if Rahkshi ever decide to rebel against the Makuta and he joins them. You might have a chance there..

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Guys its just an accent its not really a big deal. Getting heated up over nothing is no fun for anyone I can say from experience. If Vlad has to enunciate more or Xara has a bit of a hard time, its not the end of the world. Its Locus' character and at the end of the day Locus decides what Xara does and doesn't understand. Debate is fine and good but lets all take a deep breath and not let our emotions overwhelm us.

• Upvote 2

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Not much, actually. Things have been slow.

The assignment is still in progress, though it's turned into more of a rescue mission as a wild Kahgarak appeared and started wrapping up everyone. Those that are able are trying to get things cleaned up and everyone out.

Hoto, Jayar, Phogen, and Zelnos made it back to Grossh's after a bit of an argument, and now they're discussing armor modification.

Illusive, Venom, Liar, and Poly dropped some Matoran off in the school and things went to Karz, resulting in two of the Matoran basically dead, one with shattered legs, and the last trapped in a closet. Now Palma, Xara, Mortsia, and Vlad are discussing what to do with the survivors before Tridax gets back.

Torch and Shock are burning down a village of apparently poorly armed Nynrans.

And I got Hoto's devious sister Char into the game! :D

Well, he had a mean Makuta, you see. Now, this friend was eating to much Madu fruit. One day, he had a bit too much citric acid, and went on a rampage. Now, his Rahkshi friend grabbed a knife to protect poor Vaalku. The Makuta laughed, and said, "why so serious? Why so serious?" He approached the unnamed Rahkshi, and stabbed him in the casing. After he finished, the Makuta moved onto Vaalku. "Why so serious? Rahk, lets put a smile on that face." Unfortunately, he was sick from all the citric acid, and he misjudged it so poorly that he karzing cut off all of Vaalku's left side. But don't worry about Vaalku now, he's all right.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

So, Dane... am I to assume that Venom's last attack on Eps landed, or...?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The actual tale occured similarly to this:

I was half awake with 3 cups of coffee playing MNOG2 at 3 in the morning. Suddenly Vezon grabbed me and beat me up, then took a cleaver and cut my face. I had left one of my apartment keys at Ghiddy's house. He walked in on the event and got cut up as well, but this time in the face. Shortly afterwards Sidonas and Vaalku walked in with my collection of hunting rifles and proceeded to chase away Vezon. Don't even ask how any of this was possible, because next thing I knew someone was screaming "Sil is breakdancing on my pet tiger Pedro's car and singing old folk songs in French."

The actual tale occured similarly to this:

I was half awake with 3 cups of coffee playing MNOG2 at 3 in the morning. Suddenly Vezon grabbed me and beat me up, then took a cleaver and cut my face. I had left one of my apartment keys at Ghiddy's house. He walked in on the event and got cut up as well, but this time in the face. Shortly afterwards Sidonas and Vaalku walked in with my collection of hunting rifles and proceeded to chase away Vezon. Don't even ask how any of this was possible, because next thing I knew someone was screaming "Sil is breakdancing on my pet tiger Pedro's car and singing old folk songs in French."

0-o

.....................eh.....wut?

I'M BACK, EVERYBODY.

Name: Dakilik

Variation: Sonics

Level: 2

Gear: A battle axe (think Axxon) / guitar.

Appearance: Yellow head and spine, green body. Huge spikes on back, large scar running down face/back.

Personality: Very loud and energetic, ready to crush his opponents and do it messily. 

Bio: His Rahk shell was scratched and vandalized by an unknown saboteur before birth. This scar renders his left eye inoperable, and he is ready to crush the one who disfigured him.

Edited by Dallior Nuva

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Wait.... scars? Since when did rahkshi get scars? Palma's healing fixes everything, without leaving marks of any kind. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This was the rahkshi I was going to post in... what, late December? Well here she is

Name: Yuna

Variation: Cyclone

Gear: 

- a small shoulder bag

- a baby male pet Keras crab named Deemo

- a modified umbrella(rapier): The fabric plus it's wiring is connected to two metal rings. One ring for the top of the fabric, one for the bottom. A piece of metal screwed onto the top covers a pointed end and allows the fabric+rings to be taken off.

May include a picture.

Appearance: Slightly smaller than the average Toa. She painted her armour midnight blue, with white flecks on her spines.

Personality: Intelligent, but she acts like a little kid, so most don't know how smart she really is. If she is in a serious situation, she will lose that facade, if she needs to.

Bio: Zelnos' younger sister. She didn't leave for Corpus with Zelnos and part of their batch because of an unstable level of energy that would leave her tired regularly. This ailment was 'solved' to an extent, with her now only getting tired once in a while, so she was able to go to Corpus with the rest of their batch that stayed behind with her.

• Upvote 1

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Rule number one of Corpus Rahkshi: everyone has a sister. 

• Upvote 1

Bleh, been a busy couple of days with a lot of travelling. 

For the record, I've always read Vlad as sounding like the Count from Sesame Street, since they're both vampire parodies and have that pseudo Eastern Europe accent. I'm also going to point out that not everyone has the same ease understanding accents in our world, it can differ from person to person, country to country (the Americans amongst you might have no trouble with various other American dialects but I defy any of you to decipher my uncle's thick Mancunian brogue). So I don't think one Rahk out of dozens having an issue with Vlad's speech is too big a deal. Different story if Nato were demanding everyone have a hard time with Vlad's speech, but it does only seem to be Xara.

Name: Dakilik

Variation: Sonics

Gear: A battle axe (think Axxon) / guitar.

Appearance: Yellow head and spine, green body. Huge spikes on back, large scar running down face/back.

Personality: Very loud and energetic, ready to crush his opponents and do it messily. 

Bio: His Rahk shell was scratched and vandalized by an unknown saboteur before birth. This scar renders his left eye inoperable, and he is ready to crush the one who disfigured him.

Approved. Good luck with the second attempt

This was the rahkshi I was going to post in... what, late December? Well here she is

Name: Yuna

Variation: Cyclone

Gear: 

- a small shoulder bag

- a baby male pet Keras crab named Deemo

- a modified umbrella(rapier): The fabric plus it's wiring is connected to two metal rings. One ring for the top of the fabric, one for the bottom. A piece of metal screwed onto the top covers a pointed end and allows the fabric+rings to be taken off.

May include a picture.

Appearance: Slightly smaller than the average Toa. She painted her armour midnight blue, with white flecks on her spines.

Personality: Intelligent, but she acts like a little kid, so most don't know how smart she really is. If she is in a serious situation, she will lose that facade, if she needs to.

Bio: Zelnos' younger sister. She didn't leave for Corpus with Zelnos and part of their batch because of an unstable level of energy that would leave her tired regularly. This ailment was 'solved' to an extent, with her now only getting tired once in a while, so she was able to go to Corpus with the rest of their batch that stayed behind with her.

Just going to make sure I understand the weapon right; the unfolding struts and the fabric between them on this umbrella are attacked to two metal rings which are themselves attacked to the main shaft, rather than the struts being attached to the shaft themselves. The rings (and thus the struts) can be removed and the weapon is revealed as a sword.

That right, or is it just a really pointy umbrella?

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm also going to point out that not everyone has the same ease understanding accents in our world, it can differ from person to person, 

^ This. So much this.

there you go tima, edited.

Thanks!

Your turn, by the way.

Making a mental note to buck this trend with possible future characters.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, it's not actually that unrealistic if you take into account that at this point there are only roughly half the original 100 Makuta remaining due to purges and Dark Hunters. Once each of the remaining fifty or so has sent a Rahkshi to Corpus anyone new basically has to be someone's sibling.

(Still a little weird that it's always a sister, though.)

Aside from that, thanks for clarifying, Ultron.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Now you've just tempted me to make my next character Sidonas' sister. But I'm probably not going to for the sake of not having any ideas for such a person.

If you are not willing to do the same, Xara, then you can just walk away now and forget we ever had this conversation, forget you were ever here. 

Wow.... in all seriousness, this is easily the hardest choice Xara has ever had to make. 

Mangia, Char, and Mar'jik, I think.

Anyways, I said I wouldn't make any characters soon, but... Good ideas come randomly.

Name: Draco

Type: Cyclone

Gear: Two long and thin swords and a warhammer that has a Mask of Scavenging tattooed upon it, and a cloak made out of a reptilian skin.

Appearance: Draco is a hulking Rahkshi colored blue and black. He has red eyes, but what stands out about him are his very small reptilian wings which cannot be used for flight, as well as sharp talons on his hands.

Personality: Draco is brutal and arrogant, sometimes too arrogant for his own good. He is Strong by Rahkshi standards, and is fairly intelligent. He is highly skilled with his warhammer. Draco will follow any Makuta with loyalty, especially Icarax. He has a deep hatred for Vitesse. He also hates the cold. Draco believes himself to a sort of angel of the Makuta.

Bio: Draco was created shortly before Vitesse left for Corpus, and has hated her for abandoning Icarax. He swore to find and kill Vitesse after Icarax sent him to Corpus.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg