Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Are we playing this for level 2 Density Control:

Can focus density to a hardness of solid Protodermis, becoming almost impervious to harm.

Cos that seems a bit OP to me...

My interpretation of this is the same as Miras'. Makes you really thick and heavy, does wonders for deflecting swords...not so good if someone's coming at you with a mace or morningstar. Or a decent halberd or macuahuitl, or anything else that relies as much on gravity and weight to crush you as it does any kind of cutting edge. And its not really going to protect you much against temperatures. 

I mean, "solid protodermis" sounds kind of impressive, but in Bionicle thats just rock. Or metal. And not even the best metal around, its just kind of the basic metal everything is made of. Densing yourself up will certainly make you tougher, yes, but thats a long way from being invincible

7AOYGDJ.jpg

We've seen that weapons with significant amounts of speed can damage protodermis, so would that apply here as well? If a sharp object was moving fast enough - if it was accelerated by a higher-level blast of cyclone/vacuum/weather control or something, for example - would it be able to punch through the armour of a lower level density control/limited invulnerability rahk? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Um.... Kat and Fang planning the rebellion has been common knowledge since forever. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I meant on how do you think it would play out? What would you expect from another leading? (Not saying another should lead, I think Fang and Kat leading the rebellion is the best choice considering their leadership skills and history.) What general dialogue would you see from discussion of plans with, say someone who cracks jokes all the time for example?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

are you implying that Kat wouldn't crack jokes all the time

cause she totally would if not for... yknow... all her dead friends

I might...

Speaking of, I really need to make a character who cracks jokes. Sidonas sort of has the liberty because he is mostly serious but jokes occasionally. Haken is just a dead serious 'I'll do what needs to be done.' sort of person. Going to put up a mute assassin that might be able to make friends with people of the likes of Shark in a few days. Problem is my jokes are bad, so a comedian will need a few days for me to find an good personality and idea for. Guess I'll be taking ideas out of some fellow KF members' playbooks until I can get a few original ideas in my head as far as comedy.

Are we playing this for level 2 Density Control:

Can focus density to a hardness of solid Protodermis, becoming almost impervious to harm.

Cos that seems a bit OP to me...

My interpretation of this is the same as Miras'. Makes you really thick and heavy, does wonders for deflecting swords...not so good if someone's coming at you with a mace or morningstar. Or a decent halberd or macuahuitl, or anything else that relies as much on gravity and weight to crush you as it does any kind of cutting edge. And its not really going to protect you much against temperatures. 

I mean, "solid protodermis" sounds kind of impressive, but in Bionicle thats just rock. Or metal. And not even the best metal around, its just kind of the basic metal everything is made of. Densing yourself up will certainly make you tougher, yes, but thats a long way from being invincible

How about a fist?

I'm not expecting it to pierce the armor or anything, but what's the probability that, say, a Rahkshi of Anger could K.O. a Rahkshi of Density Control by smashing the bottom of her fist repeatedly into his face?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Please, I bring the comedic insanity in.

Flabbergaster's gonna be like that, mostly. He's not an insensitive jerk, just too questioning at the worst time and place. Once(if) he gets to know someone he likes, he'll be pulling off some of the worst puns a Rahk could make up.

Please, I bring the comedic insanity in.

No, you really don't. 

Random, pointless gibberish isn't funny or comedic. 

• Upvote 5

They're not? :P

Edited by Locus

Personally, I think Ghiddy's comedies are funny

But then again, I'm bad with jokes and an overall a serious person.

Speaking of jokes, ever heard the one about the bucket, the Ga-Matoran, and the Ussal Crab?

Personally, I think Ghiddy's comedies are funny

I'll admit it.... this joke made me laugh. 

Wow, you might need to be a Fire Resistance rahk to survive that burn...

Thanks, that makes a bit more sense :) It was just the "almost impervious to harm" phrasing that threw me a bit.

but what's the probability that, say, a Rahkshi of Anger could K.O. a Rahkshi of Density Control by smashing the bottom of her fist repeatedly into his face?

...where's this going? :P

Kathok

We've seen that weapons with significant amounts of speed can damage protodermis, so would that apply here as well? If a sharp object was moving fast enough - if it was accelerated by a higher-level blast of cyclone/vacuum/weather control or something, for example - would it be able to punch through the armour of a lower level density control/limited invulnerability rahk? 

That would work, you're basically imparting enough kinetic energy to make them armour piercing

How about a fist?

I'm not expecting it to pierce the armor or anything, but what's the probability that, say, a Rahkshi of Anger could K.O. a Rahkshi of Density Control by smashing the bottom of her fist repeatedly into his face?

I think you'd have to punch them a lot and would probably break your fingers before you knocked them out

7AOYGDJ.jpg

In honor of the kicking off of the rebellion, present you all with Kat's updated profile including her new weapons and appearance, as well as an expanded bio and tweaked personality.

Name: Catatonic(Kat for short)

Variation: Fear

Level: 5

Gear: A large war hammer, with a great spike on one end for piercing attacks. Kat has acquired Scourge, an urumi sword that she can mentally control the twists and swings of.

Appearance: Dark gunmetal armor accented with purple tribal markings. These markings are visibly different than the ones she had before, forming a more geometric maze like pattern than the tendrils she once had. Her armor has been modified, increasing protection on most of her upper body, including the head, neck, chest, and arms. Blunted spikes extend from her joints aiding not only in defense, but offense.

Personality: Kat is a confident, sometimes reckless, Rahk, always responsible, and fiercely loyal to her friends and team mates. While she may not like several students, she respects everyone as a fellow student. Ultimately, she is a tactician, and performs best with a small, three Man squad.

Bio: Kat is the only spawn of a relatively minor Makuta, and after learning to read, Catatonic named herself after the most extreme synonym for fear. She's friendly, and generally believes that true strength lies in improving ones self, rather than sending pawns to their deaths. As such, she will never send an ally to do something she would be unwilling to do herself. Has since formed a strong relationship with Fang. Since the Deaths of Omega, Root, and Exxan, Kat has become less avant garde, and is beginning to withdraw emotionally. Despite this, she has started the beginnings of a rebellion, using the deaths of her friends to drive her as she leads a small group away from the school.

• Upvote 1

Serious Kat has arrived.