Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Dragon, this isn't a personal attack on you. Please don't get defensive. We're trying to help you improve your RPing skills and make it less likely for your characters to get smitten.

Many people have been RPing in this RPG for months now, and over the course of that time have made minor improvements in characters through time, careful post-crafting, and interaction. Not posting tons of self-interaction posts in the span of two weeks and saying that's enough character development to make their characters the best, or even excellent, fighters if they weren't "perfect" to begin with (which is, by the way, godmodding if they are perfect).

• Upvote 4

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Some of the best fighters in the game have made post after post of them training/sparring in the Gym, and they make their fights realistic and still win them. They prove they are good at fighting by showing they are good at fighting.

Sometimes they don't win. Xara is unofficially the best fighter in the school.

She's never lost a fight, but she wasn't won them all either. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I apologize if I came off a harsh. What ToD said is true. We're just trying to help, even if I didn't express it as calmly as I may have wished to.

I'm glad you clarified your position. We're just trying to make sure the fight is realistic. It's frustrating when a character suddenly becomes able to dodge every strike and/or get a perfect hit every time, leaving characters who try to be fair to either play seemingly unfairly or lose unfairly. I'm just trying to prevent that from happening.

As long as you have a fair reason why they are good, and don't make them invincible, that's fine with me. Just don't pass off reading and limited practice as skill (which I now see is not what you are doing).

Dragon, keep in mind we mean no offense by this, we're just simply trying to help you improve your RP'ing. Say, for example, what if I made Sidonas an ultimate fighter able to match Xara's combat prowess? (Never saying I would.) Ultron and Roman would have my head on a pike, metaphorically speaking. Just saying, if someone throws a punch at you, you are surely able to dodge it. But when someone throws multiple punches and you dodge it then hit them without breaking a sweat, that is a bit Godmoddy.

No offense is meant by this, us lot are just trying to help you improve your RP skills.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Knowing theory =/= skill. Just because I've studied the physics of cannonballs, does not mean I can fire one off and hit exactly where I want to instantly. If you want that to work, Vorzorak will be sitting there with a protractor and force meter until Rain takes his head off.

That's what Vector does, to a degree. :P

Dragon, keep in mind we mean no offense by this, we're just simply trying to help you improve your RP'ing. Say, for example, what if I made Sidonas an ultimate fighter able to match Xara's combat prowess? (Never saying I would.) Ultron and Roman would have my head on a pike, metaphorically speaking. Just saying, if someone throws a punch at you, you are surely able to dodge it. But when someone throws multiple punches and you dodge it then hit them without breaking a sweat, that is a bit Godmoddy.

No offense is meant by this, us lot are just trying to help you improve your RP skills.

And Xara would have Sidonas's head on a pike. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Knowing theory =/= skill. Just because I've studied the physics of cannonballs, does not mean I can fire one off and hit exactly where I want to instantly. If you want that to work, Vorzorak will be sitting there with a protractor and force meter until Rain takes his head off.

That's what Vector does, to a degree. :P

I was actually thinking of him when I wrote that. :P But he actually put that in his profile, and it isn't instantaneous, so I don't have a problem with it.

Say, for example, what if I made Sidonas an ultimate fighter able to match Xara's combat prowess? (Never saying I would.) Ultron and Roman would have my head on a pike, metaphorically speaking. 

*Literally. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Some of the best fighters in the game have made post after post of them training/sparring in the Gym, and they make their fights realistic and still win them. They prove they are good at fighting by showing they are good at fighting.

Sometimes they don't win. Xara is unofficially the best fighter in the school.

She's never lost a fight, but she wasn't won them all either. 

You never win the fights you don't fight.

Which means you need to beat the official best fighter in the school before making any claims.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

Who is officially the best fighter

There is no official best fighter, because most of the claimants haven't fought each other. 

IC: Toxin's Kraata/Rider's Shoulder

"Okay," said I, nodding my little Kraata head.

I kicked off the slime...or rather headbutted it off so Rider could focus.

"Alright Rider...follow my instructions..."

OOC: I kinda missed out on whatever happened. Can someone tell me the way to the exit?

There is no exit at the moment. The Matoran are working on tunneling out, but I really doubt you want to go try help them lest they use the same tools capable of pulverizing solid rock upon you. Basically, everyone in the arena is trapped until the roof falls in.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Yeah. Sontiri collapsed the cave entrance near the stairs to stop the Matoran from following it inside.

There's no way out. 

So what you're saying is we should go full shonen and have a fighting tournament

As a spectator of this event and a lover of fighting tournaments, I fully support this idea.

Unfortunately, that'd probably break the narrative.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

It will be called Tournament of Rahkshifight. Filled with hotblooded fighting spirit. We're already halfway there with the double RIDER KICKUUU with Phantom. There will be a MYSTERY challenger wiping the floor with everyone, and he reveals himself to be... Tridax! Who joins in because he can. When he beats the second-best-fighter, he confidently walks up to the stage to claim the golden rahkshi spines of victory, only for the mysterious rookie named Faker to descend upon us and destroy Tridax, taking the trophy for himself.

Edited by Bloody Nine

So, issues with Dent~

The shadow-y tentacle things are part of him. That being said, they don't have any blood in them and, seeing as they are shadow, they do come back, but they will feel pain. Also, exactly. If I had a character who could float around, was the star of the crowd, and a friend, that would be waaay too powerful. Instead, he's snappy and angry, and while he seems to draw people in for no reason, he hates company and prefers privacy. Therefore, I'm technically tormenting him.

And the justification gift: He makes a good judge. Yeah I know boooring but once again, hateful angry shadowy judge Rahk who you can't leave alone.

Hm.... I suppose I should get Exxan out of the infirmary now. Any suggestions on what to do with him? 

Would anyone be interested in starting a Corpus currency system?

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Do we need a currency system? We've never needed one before.

Fang is at the Causeway. He'd rip Exxan's limbs off before he got anywhere near the mainland. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Do we need a currency system? We've never needed one before.

A while back there was talk of shops, and the main issue was payment.