Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

But if the plants have been dead some time, then why aren't they withering? 

They are withering, but they haven't "withered to a crisp" because they're inside the lighthouse, not exposed to the harsh, salty ocean breeze. And Exxan didn't use the vines on their own to tie up Shield, he braided them together into a rope. 

I don't know if you're ever tried that, but if you plait some dead grass or vines together, the end result is surprisingly sturdy. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But if the plants have been dead some time, then why aren't they withering? 

They are withering, but they haven't "withered to a crisp" because they're inside the lighthouse, not exposed to the harsh, salty ocean breeze. And Exxan didn't use the vines on their own to tie up Shield, he braided them together into a rope. 

I don't know if you're ever tried that, but if you plait some dead grass or vines together, the end result is surprisingly sturdy. 

I can vouch for that.

Darn it, Johnrahk, Shark is too good. I curse him at every turn. :P

From what I have seen, Shark can play and deceive plenty of folk. I just hope that no one plays cards with the guy.

Speaking of cards, anyone ever thought about what face cards would be if there was a deck of cards in the MU?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I'm pretty sure Sliver out-logic-ed Shark at the start of the assignment. He's good, but he's not the best. 

Not at everything, at least. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ok, Arctic has made the suits. Now I'm just guessing what the face cards would be.

Something to add to the agenda: Have Sidonas play cards with Bullseye. Anyone up for Blackjack? I'll give some gadgetry to the winner.

Darn it, Johnrahk, Shark is too good. I curse him at every turn. :P

Thank you. I hope it wasn't too over-the-top/metagamey. Fang is of no small renown, I feel, and I think Shark's listened in on some of Fang's angry rants... Was it the fight with Caoutchouc? I don't quite remember... But I think his knowledge is justified.

I'm pretty sure Sliver out-logic-ed Shark at the start of the assignment. He's good, but he's not the best. 

Not at everything, at least. 

What, over the scouts thing? Shark could have fought harder, but fewer scouts means easier time killing Silver, so there's no good reason to.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I'm just thinking of face cards as certain races. Like say, Skakdi as a Jack for example, or a Vortixx as a Queen, not sure what a King could be.

You sure it would be Teridax? A Makuta makes sense, but why not-

Never mind.

In another news and ideas, wondering if someone, through some manner, could convince Tridax to play cards? I get how there are 42 ways he could "convince" you to win or use a tactic to know what your cards are, but the concept seems interesting nevertheless.

Someone tell Ultron to set up something like a benchmark, look at the results, then have all the intellectuals, geniuses, inventors, scientists, and all the rest of the lot with a high IQ and have them go against him in some brain games. A few card games, a MU version of chess, a few riddles, puzzles, quizzes, and maybe a strategy war simulator.

Anyone else want to challenge the dear headmaster? I certainly will.

And Johnrahk? Shark's method of negotiation to get the flag? You are clever my friend.

If Sido were not one to have morals, and if Recoil was not the hostage, I could see him going along with this completely.

Edited by Kovika

I would have to nominate the Steltian Elite race for the "Jack" position instead of the Skakdi (they seem more like an Ace due to their unpredictability), but I agree with the other two nominations.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I would have to nominate the Steltian Elite race for the "Jack" position instead of the Skakdi (they seem more like an Ace due to their unpredictability), but I agree with the other two nominations.

Yeah. I believe the Skakdi would work better as the Joker card.

Maybe the entire deck should be focused on the Bionicle villains?

King - Teridax

Queen - Roodaka

Jack - Sidorak (ugh...)

Ten - The Shadowed One

Nine - Karzahni

Eight - Voporak

Seven - Zaktan

Six - Pridak

Five - Irnakk

Four - Nocturn

Three - Nidhiki

Two - Krekka

Ace - Tuyet

Joker - Vezon

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The majority of them were given cards that I felt were symbolic to the character in question. For example:

The top three are the ones I see more as rulers, which is really the only reason that Sidorak has his position, to be honest.

Voporak has time powers, and the number eight is an infinity symbol turned on its side.

Zaktan is the "leader" of the Piraka, of which there are seven (if you count Vezon).

Tuyet is where she is because of the Nui Stone, her "Ace in the Hole."

Krekka is where he is because his number perfectly matches his IQ, and Nidhiki's right there next to him because they're both basically comic-relief villains.

Vezon's a complete anarchist, and is absolutely hilarious (at least in my opinion, anyway), sort of like another character that takes after his card (and I could totally see Mark Hamill voicing him as well, but that's going off topic).

I was also working under a set of rules, such as the characters had to be a being that was known as a villain in the MU (which excludes Tuma and Velika) that were straight-up villains (no Brutaka or Vakama) and weren't beings that had to be dealt with for doing their "job" (Bohrok/Kal, Bahrag, Mask of Life Guardians, Maxilos robots, Vahki, Hydraxon, etc.). The others were ranked on how cool they were; The Shadowed One and Karzahni take top spots, Pridak is somewhere in the middle because he removed one of Nocturn's arms, and Irnakk doesn't officially exist (that we know of, anyway).

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

All this talk of a deck of cards based off of Bionicle is making me want to go make one now, maybe two if I wanted another one modeled after the heroes as well...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So, who is up for a game of cards Corpus Rahkshi style? Poker anyone? I'm sure I can think of some way to cheat if I were playing against a Makuta.

Well, looks like you'll have to add a certain inventor into your party when the assignment is over, cause' you can count me in as far as cards, games, and puzzles are concerned. Heck, maybe with enough brain tests Sido will actually get to level 3 soon.

Generally, you can assume Palma fixed you up and just leave the Infirmary. The only times where you might want to wait for a Palma post would be if you have some severe injury or other special circumstances. It just keeps things moving since Ultron can't be on all the time.

Just so you know, Wielder, the Gym can respond to mental commands and change form to whatever you request. That means yes, there are dummies in the Gym if you need them. It also means, technically, you can manipulate it to your advantage in a spar (for example, creating a pool of water to throw your opponent in). But it's generally frowned upon to do this sort of thing.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg