14988867148_45504af80e_n.jpg
Flickr

Made out of intricate geared components and a polished wooden exterior stronger than steel, this antique mechanoid forever guards the remote mansion of a particular eccentric nobleman...

Name means "striding" in German. Also my entry for the November Flickr contest.

~B~
  • Upvote 4

Wow! This looks really nice! The chromostone eyes look great, giving a flash of energy and color to a supposedly wooden mech.

Thanks! I also partly picked them because of the facets they have, leading to a more mechanical look than the curved small horns of similar size.

Beautiful, in a steamy-punk sort of way. It really gets its point-purpose across.

Steampunk style was definitely the general goal, so I'm glad that's communicated. I just wish I had the ice cream scoops piece to give it steam/smoke coming from the cylinders on its back.

~B~

Wow! This looks really nice! The chromostone eyes look great, giving a flash of energy and color to a supposedly wooden mech.

Thanks! I also partly picked them because of the facets they have, leading to a more mechanical look than the curved small horns of similar size.

Beautiful, in a steamy-punk sort of way. It really gets its point-purpose across.

Steampunk style was definitely the general goal, so I'm glad that's communicated. I just wish I had the ice cream scoops piece to give it steam/smoke coming from the cylinders on its back.

~B~

Now that you mention it, that would look really cool on the MOC.

Well, that's a color you don't see everyday.

I like it.

I love the general theme at hand here -- all of the gears really play up the mechanical part of this guy, and the orange works very well as wood. I might have gone for brown or tan, to be honest, but then you're looking at an entirely different pool of pieces.

The pink looks good as eyes, although I'd prefer something brighter and/or less close to the orange you used.

{Z}

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's a color you don't see everyday.

I like it.

I love the general theme at hand here -- all of the gears really play up the mechanical part of this guy, and the orange works very well as wood. I might have gone for brown or tan, to be honest, but then you're looking at an entirely different pool of pieces.

The pink looks good as eyes, although I'd prefer something brighter and/or less close to the orange you used.

Thanks! I agree that dark orange is tragically underused in sets and consequently in MOCs. It's partly why I'm also glad it returns in Bionicle 2015.

Brown (particularly the new reddish brown) and tan would also look good for wooden parts. Perhaps I should make another MOC in the same style using those colors sometime in the future!

~B~