Has the story become to simplified?

Fry

Let me start by saying this: I am glad that Bionicle is back. Still, that did not stop me from cringing when I saw the 2015 story teaser. Seeing as how they are aiming this at kids, how do you feel about the story? It is also, with a heavy heart, that I let go of my dear terms such as, Miru, Pakari, Kanohi, Turaga, ect. 

LEGO has taken what they've learned from G1 and HF and applied it to G2; it's simplified, but not overly simplified, and I think that strikes the right balance between new fan accessibility and the coveted 2001 aesthetic.

• Upvote 5

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

honestly, i don't think we've seen enough of the G2 story yet to be able to accurately judge whether or not it's too simple. from what we have seen, though, i'd say that it's definitely got a better setup than Hero Factory, and will probably grow to become somewhat more complex than it, thought nowhere near as convoluted as G1. it's honestly pretty close to perfect.

• Upvote 3

Well the line/complete story has yet to be fully released so any judgements made are incomplete and pretty much invalid until we get a completely clear understanding of what it'll be, and that will only happen when we actually get it. The teaser released is only a sample and probably doesn't sum up exactly what the line will be like. It didn't even show the toa yet!

But from what we did get, I am very pleased. Simplified isn't always a bad thing. I'm all for a story that isn't crazy complex with too many tangents and random unnecessary details. I still hope it retains that complex and open/growing world, but it doesn't need to be as crazy as it was before.

It's not even super kiddish from Bionicle is one of the least kiddish lines in a while! (I know kiddish and simplified aren't exactly the same, but they often coincide and are related to each other)

From what we've seen, there's a cool and central story involving Makuta and the MOOP and LOSS. I feel that Lego is playing these threats, and maybe more, in such a way that it keeps things interesting and complex rather than super direct and un-mysterious like HF ended up. The Bionicle looks far from simplified to me. There is just a huge difference between simplified, and un-cluttered/central. The new Bionicle promises to be un-cluttered and central in its story, and still super awesome.

• Upvote 2