Honest Trailers: The Legend Reborn

John Smith

Preface: 1. This is a tribute to Honest Trailers on Youtube, and is meant to read read in the voice of their narrator. 2. This is all in good fun, and should not be taken too seriously. If you like The Legend Reborn, and/or don't think this is funny, that's totally fine. I won't think any less of you. Well...not much. :P

With that out of the way, on to the main event!

In a world where powerful beings wield elemental powers, wear mighty Kanohi masks, and mutate all the time, visit another world where NOBODY CAN DO ANY OF THAT STUFF. C’MON! Anyway, where was I…Follow a new hero, Mata Nui, who used to be revered by an entire universe, but now uses a bug for a shield. See him use his mask as an easy solution for every problem he encounters. Watch as he unites a ragtag team of heroes, which leads to him uniting the planet, only to go face the might of the Skrall all by himself. Behold his epic showdown with Tuma…wait…sorry, I read that wrong…his PATHETIC showdown with Tuma, where he wins by literally stabbing his opponent in the back. And don’t worry if you can’t tell what’s happening—the two most annoying characters in the movie will explain it all in case you’re too dumb to understand basic fighting strategies. Once that’s over with, stare in amazement as the heroes win the day through the power of Deus ex Machina. And if all that’s not enough, don’t forget the really friggin’ awesome sequel hook at the end…FOR A SEQUEL THAT NEVER CAME! JEEZ, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ALL THIS?

Starring:

Worf Nui (Mata Nui)

I’m getting too old for this stuff (Ackar)

WOO-HOO! (Kiina)

Generic young hero…you might say he’s green (Gresh)

I’m short, so I must be immature! (Berix)

The Wimpy Tuma

Benevolent Quark (Raanu)

Obvious snake metaphor is obvious (Metus)

Edited by John Smith
  • Upvote 9

I don't normally watch Honest Trailers on Youtube, so I can't accurately compare this to their videos. That being said, you do point out some good flaws about that movie. Tuma definitely wasn't represented well in the movie. I wish he gave Mata Nui more of a challenge in their fight. That way, we wouldn't need a chapter from the Empire of the Skrall serial to explain his back injury. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't normally watch Honest Trailers on Youtube, so I can't accurately compare this to their videos. That being said, you do point out some good flaws about that movie. Tuma definitely wasn't represented well in the movie. I wish he gave Mata Nui more of a challenge in their fight. That way, we wouldn't need a chapter from the Empire of the Skrall serial to explain his back injury. 

Thanks. Yeah, Tuma really was not portrayed well at all. They built him up well enough, but then when the actual fight happened, he ended up looking completely stupid and incompetent.

I LOVE Honest Trailers, and this mirrors your average Honest Trailer perfectly :D

Honest Trailers is awesome. Thank you!

That was hilarious. I imagined Mata Nui holding non-transformed Click in front of him as a shield. xD

Lol! That would actually make the movie more entertaining.  :P 

:lol-sign: Nice can you do the other BIONICLE Movies too.

Hm, maybe I will. Time will tell...

Really helps to read it with the Youtube guy's voice, nicely done ^^

Thanks! Yeah, I tried to make it fit his voice and persona.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny stuff! Honest trailers are always good for a laugh. Man, I've got to get back into the swing of things... But anyway, I totally agree with the stuff you brought up in this little mini-comedy. TLR could have been done a lot better, and the amount of potential that went out the window with Tuma was almost as big at the Mata Nui robot.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

TLR could have been done a lot better, and the amount of potential that went out the window with Tuma was almost as big at the Mata Nui robot.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

Haha, that's a great way to put it! And i think it applies not just to Tuma, but to the whole movie--it really had the potential to be something interesting (Greg Farshtey provided the basic plot, after all), but they completely squandered it by executing it incredibly poorly. For instance, with Tuma, all that really needs to change is his portrayal. If he had behaved like a competent villain, and had actually been defeated in a legitimate fight, I think his role in the plot could remain the same without issue.

• 1 month later...

This is very well done. If I may add on the true name of the movie, as many of the other Honest Trailers have done, I would say...

"Bionitrek IV: The Birth of Hero Factory"

or "Bionitrek IV: The Legend Discontinued"

or "That Lego Movie before the cool one"

Thanks! For my money, "Bionitrek IV: The Legend Discontinued" is the best fake title. :P (Also, wouldn't "That Lego Movie before the cool one" be Clutch Powers? ;) )

Your name says John Smith but your avatar says Matt Smith,

Either way, LOL!!! This was hilarious,

Your title suggests that the Doctor's a Toa,

This was great,

I loved it so much,

It was hilarious,

This comment's too long,

Laughed harder than I usually do,

Lol,

Glad you enjoyed it!