A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Votes

GAC 21 Final Poll!  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

General Art Contest #21: A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Likes

Vote here! And yes, I expect 1,000 votes; don't let me down. Poll ends on Thursday the 4th at 11:59 PM Eastern.

The winner's artwork may be chosen to be used on BZPower social media pages. Furthermore, Black Six is providing a complete set of 8 posters from NYCC for the grand prize. Second place will get 4 assorted posters from Comic Con; third place will get 3.

1. [Image]

2. [Image]

3. [Image]

4. [Image]

5. [Image]

6. [Image]

7. [Image]

8. [Image]

• Upvote 7

went with entry 5. has the kind of elegant simplicity that i love.

I agree with this. Entry five has a lovely, eye-catching, and well executed design, while being simple.

• Upvote 2
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Entry 2 is an incredibly detailed work of art that I love. However, it seems to only reflect Bionicle 2015, without even including BZPower's name. So, unfortunately, I did not vote for it. Number 4 looks clean, simple, and professional, so it got my vote instead.

~B~

Entry 2 is an incredibly detailed work of art that I love. However, it seems to only reflect Bionicle 2015, without even including BZPower's name. So, unfortunately, I did not vote for it. Number 4 looks clean, simple, and professional, so it got my vote instead.

~B~

Well, just to clarify the lack of BZPower references in the drawing, Windy explained (over here) that the purpose of the contest is to make something that stands out that BZPower's different media outlets can show off and draw attention to themselves with. I decided I'd go with something pretty that is appealing on its own, rather than a BZP-centric advertisement banner, that can just be branded with a BZPower logo and associated media links however the management pleases. I might have misunderstood something, but it was really fun to make so I don't have any regrets :P

I really like all of these so I've been having a hard time deciding. I'm going with Entry 8, 'cause it's really clean, vibrant, and recognizably Bionicle at a glance, and I enjoy a cheeky edit; all the characters going after BZPower is very enticing and may encourage the viewer, although the subtlety is questionable :P I like that the font uses the forum colors, and that the glowy energy bits are there. Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, there's three extra Toa added in there, which is a very nice change that I didn't even notice until just now. Even better :D

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I am so very torn.. I feel both 3 and 5 would work very nicely, and each has it's own take. One focuses moreso on the new sets, while one focuses on bzpower in the new era, with it's mascot in a new form... and entry 2 is amazing but I got to agree with ballom.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Entry 2. He put by far the most work and effort into his hand-made design that references many old touches of Bionicle, and for that, he gets my vote. I regret not entering, but I do not regret seeing that I'd surely be beating by these fine submissions. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Okay first of all amazing entries all of you!

I especially like the first 5; however some thoughts on number 4. While I do like the entry a whole lot I will not be voting for it mainly because the alignment is wrong. If BZP were to use this image it would not be able to fit correctly onto the channel art box, when the YouTube channel is viewed on mobile and online (I should know because I have tested each one of these entries on my own channel). Also the only place really where the image will be seen in full, would be on a TV. And to be honest, no one really watches YouTube on their TV that much (I do however). So since I know that the majority wont see the full picture unless it is viewed on a TV, I will vote for an entry that has its main focus towards the center of the image so that it will be viewable on mobile and online correctly.

Almost the same can be said about number 2, (AMAZING DRAWING BTW!!!) the image wont really fit to showcase the entire thing and the main focus of the image appears to be everywhere in this picture. If two wins we might get the wonderful drawing chopped off and cause for the amazing Mask of Creation and Okoto mix to be cut in half and our favorite heroes to not even show up. And if they do end up showing up, the positioning can possibly be covered by the "YouTube Profile Picture" or "Avatar" (as some of you might know it by). Number 5 is also a great entry however I feel that we have already seen too much of the official set pictures and I kinda wanted something different and something not commonly seen for Bionicle 2015. Number 1 was also an amazing entry and I loved your concept, however I wanted to see the characters themselves, not just the scenery of Okoto; also not to mention that the "YouTube Profile Picture"/"Avatar" will get in the way of the already placed BZP Hapori Tohu head!

That said im going with number 3 mainly because I love the new art style of 2015 and the main focus of the picture, when YouTube aligns it, will be towards the center showcasing not only the Toa heroes, but also the BZPower logo and BZP's own Hapori Tohu in the new 2015 style!!!! He stands in the spotlight of this image!!!

Edited by AdaptingChaos
  • Upvote 1

I voted #5 of course. I'm selfish and I'll admit it. #3 is fantastic, however, and would definitely be my selection should my entry not win. Due to the nature of social media banners, it isn't enough to have, say, a wallpaper; the layout is extremely important, and the constraints must be taken into account. The center of the image is all that will be displayed on sites like Youtube or Faceook; it is for that reason that I would choose #3, #5, or even #8 over some of the others.