BFTGM Entry - Darknova

JackHunter

This is the late-created topic for one of my entries for BFTGM (It had been submitted before due date with other 6 entries), I haven't been MOCing for quite some time yet

this contest does give me a reason to have a comeback! 

AKA "The Celestial Titan of Darkness" 

Entry Pic(at least I think it's this one):

dscn3903_1_resize.jpg

Brief Introduction:

dscn3900_1_resize.jpg

After the extra-dimensional evil god which possessed Noir had absorbed enough dark energy, and had created a new

body similar to its original one...An evil god of darkness, has its advent into the Bionicle universe!

dscn3906_1_resize.jpg

Despite of its titanic size, Darknova is relatively very agile, making its threat level to the world increases even more.

Body parts details:

dscn3910_1_resize.jpg

dscn3914_1_resize.jpg

dscn3916_1_resize.jpg

dscn3917_1_resize.jpg

dscn3918_1_resize.jpg

dscn3919_1_resize.jpg

dscn3920_1_resize.jpg

Back view:

dscn3921_1_resize.jpg

The total of 11 high-output booster although is not enough to gain Darknova the flight ability, yet they provides

it with a certain level of jump ability...which is enough to tremble the world.

dscn3928_1_resize.jpg

As this body named "Darknova" is created in the image as a power-suit of Noir, theoretically he can open

the "cockpit" and get out of this exo-armor suit.

dscn3930_resize.jpg

Cockpit open mode.

Main Arms: Finger tip Void Beam cannons x8, Scattering Dark Matter Particle cannon on chestx1

Melee Attacks: Fists (which are really big), claws, merciless stomp(working tread function on feet)

---

For the design wise, this giant figure is fully articulated, biceps, elbows, wrists, waist, thighs,

knees, and ankles are all designed to articulation. However due to the limited parts I can't make

the strength of thigh joints to hold the weight of the upper body (it would very likely to bent over

if lean forward or backward for the time being, so I just kept the legs straight while taking the pics. XD

Hope you guys like it!

Thanks for reading this post!

Edited by JackHunter
  • Upvote 4

The head is way too small for the rest of the MOC. I understand that it's a mecha sort of thing, but maybe you could add an attachable helmet which makes the pilot's head more to scale when the cockpit is closed?

Otherwise, looks great. Super imposing megatitan build.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The head is way too small for the rest of the MOC. I understand that it's a mecha sort of thing, but maybe you could add an attachable helmet which makes the pilot's head more to scale when the cockpit is closed?

Otherwise, looks great. Super imposing megatitan build.

Only one problem I have with the MOC- it looks headless.

Thanks guys! As this Titan's original concept came from Neo Zeong from Gundam UC and Rider Armor from Rockman X series,

a larger helm piece structure was denied at the completion stage. Also this makes the audience have something in mind on the

first sight that it is not a regular "being" as a whole if you know what I mean XD. Still, thanks a ton for the comment! 

not a regular being but a layered figure.

Edited by JackHunter

Impressive built, but head, as already were mentioned, is too small for such giant. Also this MOC need more detalization (I know, it's hard for your MOC sizes), because it looks... ...separately? :o

Also I wanted to see pictures from different angles, I wanted to see how his back was made... I know, you told, this MOC have trouble with poses, but maybe you could use props for it?

Anyway impressive good MOC, wanna see more from you. ;)

How do you even start to make something like this? Is the base frame from a set, or is it constructed from stratch? O.o wow

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

How do you even start to make something like this? Is the base frame from a set, or is it constructed from stratch? O.o wow

1.Concept

The concept is the ultimate form of Exo-Toa, a titanic, fully articulated, heavy firepower armor suit that

completely covers the whole body of the "pilot" except the head (yes this mech suit does not have an

actual head of its own, it is the controller/pilot's head you're seeing.). And in the end, the overall conceptual

design was largely influenced by this:

neozeong.png

2. Size Estimation

Just roughly estimate the size the mech armor needs to be, as I plan to fit a Toa Inika sized figure

in the upper torso, I figured I'll need to build something that is slightly bigger than the Titan Class

Metroplex Transformer (which is over 2 feet tall)

https:lh4googleusercontentcom-e8pmtt2_er

3. Build

After have the idea of "how it looks" and "how big it is" in mind, it's time I jumped into the actual creation.

It's a long and painful process of try and error... as anyone who try to build things with similar size would know,

gravity is your worst enemy lol. I did my best on keeping the posing - abilities while strengthen the joints so it

doesn't give way to gravity easily. It's been a long work yet the self-fulfillment was really great after I completed

this titan, and I know this is an awesome MOC even if it does not win me anything. XD

Oh, and as there's no set's frame can compare to the size of this, it is completely built from scratch.

Edited by JackHunter