Which Toa Mangai wore the Kakama?

Boidoh

Which Toa Mangai wore the Kakama?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final result.

The Toa Mangai of Earth wore the Kakama.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Oh come on, this poll wasn't even open for a week. That's rushing it to a ridiculous point.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Well we have to end the Toa Mangai of Ice poll at one point... 

This one was open for 6 days and one day wouldn't make much of a difference.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

While I know that it will likely not make a difference, I understand where Maxim's coming from...one day wouldn't hurt.

• Upvote 2

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I already took the results to Greg, but if anything changes between now and tomorrow, then... erm... Do.. something?

That wont happen unless someone summons a herd of fans from across the globe and force them to vote for some other option. Barely anybody voted in the time period between yesterday and today.

Edited by Boidoh
  • Upvote 2

I already took the results to Greg, but if anything changes between now and tomorrow, then... erm... Do.. something?

That wont happen unless someone summons a herd of fans from across the globe and force them to vote for some other option. Barely anybody voted in the time period between yesterday and today.

Again, it's that sort of determinism that people are taking issue with. Yes, it looks like the Toa of Earth would win, and likely nothing would be different. But you can't know that for sure, and even if it is the case, is there any harm in waiting that extra day, since it will still be the same result? Closing it early simply goes back against the pre-established guidelines and interrupts the flow of the process for absolutely nothing.
  • Upvote 7

So 47 people have voted. I agree keeping it open for one more day wouldn't have hurt. Out of curiosity, how many active members on BZPower are there?

About 100-200, depending on seasonal fluctuations and quantity of New!Bionicle news.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

So 47 people have voted. I agree keeping it open for one more day wouldn't have hurt. Out of curiosity, how many active members on BZPower are there?

Depend on your definition. 1324 members visited the site at least one time in the past month, according to a quick search in the member list.
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Well Greg said yes that Toa Naho wore the Kakama but people was disagreeing do to that he said no to the same thing a lot time ago. Witch I didn't gotten anything link of old info that Greg had said no before 

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Whelp...guess my vote for an Ice toa is late. But I don't mind an earth Toa wearing it. As long as its not a Pohatu clone

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 3 weeks later...

Boidoh submitted the results of all of the Kanohi polls to Greg several weeks ago, but since Greg apparently took a break from answering questions over the holidays, they haven't been answered. Boidoh, I'd suggest you repost them so that he can make a pronouncement.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Honestly I'd like to think the stoic Ice toa would have found it to be of great use. Run up a Knowledge Tower and stop at the top no skidding. Get a good jump to the next so on and so forth.

I do have to wonder the only Toa team shown to use multiple masks on a regular basis are the Mata/Nuva Takanuva didn't even keep a new Kanohi when found. Wonder why as we know all they need is a Suva.

Heh funny thing been watching skyrim let's plays lately and noticed the Dragon burial mounds and the Burrow entrances look alot like large Suva. The funniest thing the Dragon priests of said areas all wear masks.

*X-files theme plays* Oh dear. :D

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 2 weeks later...

Who exactly gets to decide what gets cannonized, and who does the cannonizing, and how many people have to have a say in it before it's final, exactly? This isn't the good old days where someone would present Greg with some idea that needed a little thought and consideration, and if he thought it fit and made sense, he said "OK." This is a couple dozen people saying "I want this because, reasons," about something extremely inconsequential, and Greg saying "OK whatever." There's no substance behind it. 

Who exactly gets to decide what gets cannonized, and who does the cannonizing, and how many people have to have a say in it before it's final, exactly? This isn't the good old days where someone would present Greg with some idea that needed a little thought and consideration, and if he thought it fit and made sense, he said "OK." This is a couple dozen people saying "I want this because, reasons," about something extremely inconsequential, and Greg saying "OK whatever." There's no substance behind it. 

To the last two sentences first, just describing things in those two different ways doesn't make that accurate. Some "I want this" things were canonized in the "good old days", and surely some thought is going into the new ones (not always the best thought though.. .Cordak...)... and more importantly, how do you know there's no substance behind them? Generally Greg will have reasons for accepting what he does...

To the first questions, Greg's in charge, and it can vary depending on what's called for.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

To the last two sentences first, just describing things in those two different ways doesn't make that accurate. Some "I want this" things were canonized in the "good old days", and surely some thought is going into the new ones (not always the best thought though.. .Cordak...)... and more importantly, how do you know there's no substance behind them? Generally Greg will have reasons for accepting what he does...

To the first questions, Greg's in charge, and it can vary depending on what's called for.

Yeah, these recent decisions by Greg are brimming with substance and reason... Which is why he confused the Rode with the Olmak, and nearly contradicted himself on the Naho/Kakama thing. Bionicle hasn't been Greg's focus for years, so I highly doubt he's doing heavy soul-searching when approving these poll results.

• Upvote 1

Greg is not in charge of anything anymore. The only reason he keeps answering these questions is because people keep asking them. 

Jimmybob makes a good point which I'd like to elaborate on if I may...

There were 3 options for this poll (for those who voted that they care) The Toa of Earth won the vote with 24 people chosing him. There were another 24 people who voted AGAINST that being canonised. There were also a further 22 votes from people who do not want it to be canonised AT ALL! So why is it that the opinion of 24 people is more important than that of the other 46? And why are these polls being treated as representative of the Bionicle fanbase as a whole when less than 50 people have actually had a say in it? Even after the voting is done, the question still goes to Greg who can then overturn it anyway, though he has no actual power to do so really. People just let him for some reason...

Why can't 24 people just headcanon the Toa of Earth in this mask, 22 headcanon the Toa of ICe in it and the 22 of us who want it left ambiguous just go one using our imagination for such things. After all, that's what Lego is all about, polls like this serve only to limit us evermore within the confines of unnecessary canon...

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 2

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

jimmy, Greg can make mistakes, but that doesn't mean every decision will be a mistake; that's a Hasty Generalization fallacy. And I'm not sure if it was established that he did confuse Rode wit Olmak. It makes sense for Axonn's mask to be rare too.

Munty, yes, Greg is in charge of Gen 1's canon. And yes, this poll was close, but again, Greg can decide canon without fan input at all; don't confuse such polls with a contest or election. The idea that there's some magical need for whole-fanbase representation or for a huge majority misses the point of asking for fan advice. Polls do get a closer idea of that than just canonizing a suggestion directly, though, so to complain about the polls not asking everybody under the sun is rather unfair... Plus, some things in a story like this are aimed even at minorities, so surely roughly 50/50 ones make sense occasionally. But even in a contest or an election, a slight win will still be a win.

However, Greg could also decide that it's too close to call and leave it unestablished.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

He might have had power before, and before he said Naho wore the Kakama.

Actually, that's the contrary; before he said Naho did not wear a Kakama. And Greg still have the power to canonize things in G1, that's something he made pretty clear.

Polls do get a closer idea of that than just canonizing a suggestion directly, though, so to complain about the polls not asking everybody under the sun is rather unfair...

Actually, that's not totally true. How the poll is done can totally distort what fans think; this poll is actually a pretty good case: when the results were reported to Greg, there was a pretty decent advantage towards the Toa of Earth, now there's almost a tie between Ice and Earth.

I'm well aware that's impossible to get a really big portion of the fanbase to vote here, but polls should at least be run so as much of the fanbase as possible could give its opinion.

Edited by maxim21
  • Upvote 1

-- Greg Farshtey