Creator of the Zivon

I was looking for Rahi to MOC, and I remembered the Zivon. Though it is too large for me to MOC to be accurate with Inika builds, I noticed something after reading the BS01 article: The Zivon monster had no asigned creator.

Now heres what I am pondering. Should we know who created the Zivon? If so, would it be a Makuta?

I thought this should be discussed a little bit instead of blatantly asking someone to in-turn ask Greg.

I personally think Chirox created it, maybe Mutran did it to one-up Chirox's creation of the Visorak, given their rivalry and all. What do you guys think?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I think it would be cool if it just happened upon the MU from the Realm of Shadows. It would add a lot to the mythical nature if it just came from nowhere.

If not, it would make sense for whoever created the Visorak (Chirox) to have made the Zivon too.

EDIT: Well darn. BS01 says it was created by the Brotherhood, though I always assume that just is tacked on to any Rahi articles. I suppose it could have just come from the Realm of Shadows. :D

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

I thought this should be discussed a little bit before blatantly asking someone to in-turn ask Greg.

Or maybe instead of blatantly asking someone to ask Greg.

For what it's worth, I like the idea of it coming from the Realm of Shadows. Surely not all Rahi were made by the Brotherhood ...

• Upvote 5

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Well, it says it was created by the Brotherhood, but doesn't specify an individual. What if there were cases in which multiple Makuta worked on Rahi? Say, Mutran, Teridax, Chirox, and Antroz worked together, complied notes and ideas to create the beast? Doesn't sound too far-fetched.

Or it could have been made by one of the other 86 members of the BoM that we don't know the identities of. :P

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

if i recall correctly, it's native to the zone it comes from. idk where they got the brotherhood info, it may have simply been an assumption based on the "all rahi made by makuta" statement. :t

Some Rahi are "native" to the area around Voya Nui, some are "native" to the southern islands, but the Makuta still made them. They were made to dwell in those locations. The Zivon would have been made as the sole primary inhabitant of that pocket dimension.

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It wasn't the GB's, since they only made the First Rahi, it wasn't Artakha because he sucks at it, so it had to have been the Makuta at some point.

This is, of course, assuming we're keeping the longstanding tradition of it being a "Rahi", as we define it. If it came from a pocket dimension (like the City Building Creatures, ignoring that they're just an Archives Mole ripoff), it would be a brand new species unto its own. However, it also has Rhotuka, so I can't imagine it being anything but a Rahi.

I suppose it's an interesting idea anyway, but I'd ultimately be against it; I like that the Brotherhood created something that is patently unhelpful to them or anything else in just about any way shape or form unless they get lucky and point it in the right direction.

(heck, given those parameters, it was probably Chirox, since destructive non-contributory Rahi were his specialty)

• Upvote 2

This is, of course, assuming we're keeping the longstanding tradition of it being a "Rahi", as we define it. If it came from a pocket dimension (like the City Building Creatures, ignoring that they're just an Archives Mole ripoff), it would be a brand new species unto its own. However, it also has Rhotuka, so I can't imagine it being anything but a Rahi.

Well, there are Kestora in the "City of Silver" dimension, too. The Kestora were made by the GBs, and it was never stated if they originated there or were placed there or something. If the latter, then it's possible that the known pocket dimensions were just "trial rooms" used by the GBs for some of their creations. The Zone of Shadows could be dark and empty because it was one of the pocket dimensions that was never really activated. :shrugs:

Basically saying that the "pocket dimensions" are just that--pockets that hold mismatched odds-and-ends from the bigger world that they branch off from.

Edited by ~T1S~

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Just being native to that realm and them stumbling upon it makes sense to me and makes the Zivon seem that much more truly monstrous.

Of course, Mutran making it in continuing his rivalry with Chirox would make sense as well. And the presence of Rhotuka, a decidedly Matoran Universe feature, does imply it has its true roots there. I'd really be perfectly fine with either.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Well, there are Kestora in the "City of Silver" dimension, too. The Kestora were made by the GBs, and it was never stated if they originated there or were placed there or something. If the latter, then it's possible that the known pocket dimensions were just "trial rooms" used by the GBs for some of their creations. The Zone of Shadows could be dark and empty because it was one of the pocket dimensions that was never really activated. :shrugs:

Basically saying that the "pocket dimensions" are just that--pockets that hold mismatched odds-and-ends from the bigger world that they branch off from.

Greg recently waffled a bit on the Kestora (AND Pocket Dimensions), so I don't really know what to think =P. I mean, we don't technically know where the City-Building Creatures came from or who made them (maybe they got stuck there by the GB's, but were a different species entirely that evolved over time?), but it was fairly longstanding that the GB's made the pocket dimensions (or at least accessed them), so anything that goes in there has to be related to the MU.

Like I said, given the presence of Rhotuka, it wouldn't likely be anything other than a Rahi, so the Makuta probably made it. Which one, on the other hand...

I like the idea of Mutran making it, since it eats the visorak that chirox made. ;)

On that same note, it might have been created as a failsafe just in case the Visorak went rogue, it could easily take down the hordes if need be. Sidorak was able to use it in battle (whether that was effective or not is debatable) but considering it's size and powers (and appetite for Visorak) it makes sense that after Chirox made the Visorak, someone would come along and create something that could stand up to and defeat the horde just in case something went horribly wrong. Of course it wasn't needed because Gorast was able to conquer the horde, but it's an idea. :)

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Wouldn't "anti-Visorak failsafe" = the Heart of the Visorak?

Realistically, though, given the the thing's appetite for Visorak, I hesitate to believe that he was not connected to them in some manner. I think he was supposed to be a "super-visorak" to be even more destructive and powerful, but he was too OP so some Makuta made the Kahgarak to exile him. 

• Upvote 1

Back when I was a noob to BIONICLE I automatically assumed it was some weird Visorak Nui.

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

Wouldn't "anti-Visorak failsafe" = the Heart of the Visorak?

I would think so, but regardless of what Zivon was originally made for (super Visorak, or anti-Visorak), I think he works as a fail safe, & it seems handy to have a few :)

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Back when I was a noob to BIONICLE I automatically assumed it was some weird Visorak Nui.

That's not an unreasonable assumption for a newbie to make, since the official model was a combiner with a bunch of Visorak faces plastered all over it.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison