Goldylocks: Why?

Archon~

So, I've made this topic to discuss the Golden Skinned Being, and primarily why Teridax decided to implement the idea of his creation into the group of Skakdi?

I mean isn't this thing like extremely OP? Why would you want this independent being running loose in your universe?

Anyway, I'd ask Greg, but i don't want to be a hypocrite hence I'll consult you people before. :)

Plus, I'm not sure if Greg would quite remember the details of what I'm talking about. :/

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Honestly, it does sound a bit like 'generic superbeing'. I would appreciate it if it were some 'nice' Irnaxx (the Skakdi fear-demon), for whatever the warped Skakdi psyche considers 'nice'.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Irnaxx was, initially. It was briefly brought to life by the Chamber of Fear in the Ignika's hiding place on Voya Nui. The Golden-Skinned Being is completely different, brought to life by tossing the Piraka and some other random schlubs into EP.

• Upvote 1

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Irnakk was a gold-spined Skakdi-looking thing from Zakaz's folklore, but the "Gold Fusion" was indeed something else entirely.

So T1S, if it wasn't Teridax's idea, whose was it? Did a bunch of Skakdi just decide on their own to jump in a vat?

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Imagine if it came across a Skakdi having a nightmare and brought his nightmare to life and boom presto Irnakk comes to life.

• Upvote 1

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Irnakk was a gold-spined Skakdi-looking thing from Zakaz's folklore, but the "Gold Fusion" was indeed something else entirely.

So T1S, if it wasn't Teridax's idea, whose was it? Did a bunch of Skakdi just decide on their own to jump in a vat?

That was the thing--Greg never specified who it was. We all figured it had to be Teridax, since his possession of the GSR gave him insight into the destinies of individual beings. But, apparently, that would be too obvious, so he stated that it was someone else entirely who came up with it.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That was the thing--Greg never specified who it was. We all figured it had to be Teridax, since his possession of the GSR gave him insight into the destinies of individual beings. But, apparently, that would be too obvious, so he stated that it was someone else entirely who came up with it.

Could it have been Velika? 

• Upvote 2

Could be. I don't remember if that was asked. It would make sense, since the only other person who might have that kind of insight would probably be Artakha, and I see no reason for him to want to do that.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Could be. I don't remember if that was asked. It would make sense, since the only other person who might have that kind of insight would probably be Artakha, and I see no reason for him to want to do that.

Plus, having a being who can make anyone's inner desires a reality without questioning whether it's ethical or not would be of use to someone like Velika who wants to take over the world.

• Upvote 2

Ooh, I like it. That connects two adversaries that otherwise weren't related, streamlines the story without sacrificing depth or complexity, and heightens the dangerous likelihood of Velika taking control of Spherus Magna. Don't anyone ask Greg, because he'll say no and ruin it all! :o

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Ooh, I like it. That connects two adversaries that otherwise weren't related, streamlines the story without sacrificing depth or complexity, and heightens the dangerous likelihood of Velika taking control of Spherus Magna. Don't anyone ask Greg, because he'll say no and ruin it all! :o

Nah he'll just let us set up another fan poll. :P

• Upvote 3

Ask Greg about that. It sounds really solid. Remember that the Gold-Skinned Being also defeated Annonna, which the GBs had been unable/unwilling to do before, hinting that perhaps Velika's intentions for the world aren't all bad...

• Upvote 2