The Mystery of the Vahi

Just a thought:

-MoUP: Created from a combination of all six elements

-Vahi: Created from a combination of six Great Disks, one from the Metru of each element

Yeah I was also thinking that. That would be pretty consistent.

-NotS

Same here. Man, why didn't I think of all this when I wrote the article? :P
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Just a thought:

-Vahi: Created from a combination of six Great Disks, one from the Metru of each element

-NotS

Ahaha I know what you mean. I didn't think of it until I heard someone propose that the Mask of Ultimate Power is probably the Vahi. I was like "No, it's not! For starters it's made from all six elements... Oh wait"

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Just a thought:

-NotS

Sometimes, you just can't think through excitement.

Someone probably said this already, but what if this is all an illusion seen by Kopaka and Pohatu, left off on the Red Star? I don't seem to recall Kopaka ever saying what he saw... And who knows what's up there?

(I'm not good with theories...)

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

I am extremely shocked by this development. (not really)

My stance on the matter is exactly the same as it was during NYCC. I do believe that Lego is strongly hinting towards a possible bridge between old and new BIONICLE. Why put such a big emphasis on "time" as the way the Toa arrive on Okoto? Why reference the Vahi so many times if it was merely a simple easter eggs? Why specifically hint towards the Vahi and a time travel element at NYCC if it was simply an "example" of a way the new BIONICLE will handle things? I think that it's a bit presumptuous to make any definite claims of a bridge between the generations, but the evidence is certainly pointing in that direction and the possibility warrants consideration, at least.

HOWEVER... with that being said, I do not personally believe that we'll ever be returning to the old universe or that the old universe will ever be explored significantly again. I think that the seeds that Lego is planting will merely be used to connect the generations, and nothing more than that. If anybody's expecting for this to suddenly become a concrete continuation where we journey back to Spherus Magna and fight Velika, I think they'll be sorely disappointed. This is definitely a reboot, no question about it, but I think Lego's aiming to please everybody in some way, and I applaud them for it.

-Mesonak

• Upvote 11

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

My stance on the matter is exactly the same as it was during NYCC. I do believe that Lego is strongly hinting towards a possible bridge between old and new BIONICLE. Why put such a big emphasis on "time" as the way the Toa arrive on Okoto? Why reference the Vahi so many times if it was merely a simple easter eggs? Why specifically hint towards the Vahi and a time travel element at NYCC if it was simply an "example" of a way the new BIONICLE will handle things? I think that it's a bit presumptuous to make any definite claims of a bridge between the generations, but the evidence is certainly pointing in that direction and the possibility warrants consideration, at least.

HOWEVER... with that being said, I do not personally believe that we'll ever be returning to the old universe or that the old universe will ever be explored significantly again. I think that the seeds that Lego is planting will merely be used to connect the generations, and nothing more than that. If anybody's expecting for this to suddenly become a concrete continuation where we journey back to Spherus Magna and fight Velika, I think they'll be sorely disappointed. This is definitely a reboot, no question about it, but I think Lego's aiming to please everybody in some way, and I applaud them for it.

-Mesonak

These are legitimately my thoughts.

• Upvote 2

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Am I the only one who hates the voiceover? The guy speaking does not have an epic voice.

A few people seem to be very irked at the way he did his voice for Gali, I didn't really like his voice for Pohatu - I wasn't alone there; so yeah you're not the only one.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

So....My theory is that the Toa were taken after the rebirth of Spherus Magna, brainwashed (like always, maybe they'll regain memory, or glimpses, or something), and sent off to another planet that was in need of help (Maybe this happened to the Toa before Mata Nui, maybe this actually happened before Mata Nui). Anyways, the Toa are supposed to be heroes, traveling around and helping anyone who needs it.

The phantom of the Vahi is watching these clips... On second thought, my feelings on it range from indifferent to mildly interested.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

-Mesonak

Agreed.  As has been said before, the best comparison here is probably the new Star Trek universe; there's a connection to the original storyline, but it's emphatically a creature unto itself, and it's unlikely that we'll return to the original.

• Upvote 1

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Gonna go out on a limb and predict that the "Mask of Ultimate Power" is a Vahi.

You know what, I had that thought as well but I forgot about it when I wrote the article. :P

The same thought had occurred to me.

And on top of that, the original Vahi was a mask that barely anyone could control, not even Makuta... ;)

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Gonna go out on a limb and predict that the "Mask of Ultimate Power" is a Vahi.

Brilliant prediction/theory! Here's my *thumbs up* :D

It makes sense as a throwback/reference to the 2004 storyline. Makuta the Mask Maker wears the Mask of Ultimate Power, trying to contain its power before the mask is knocked away from his face... Remember when similar things happened to Teridax and the Kanohi Vahi?

Edited by Tahtorak ate my house!

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.

As I posted earlier, the MoUP could be the top half of the *original* Kanohi Vahi.

The original Vahi seems pretty weak compared to the other Legendary masks (it lets you slow time a bit, and it *rusts*?).

On the other hand, the MoUP seems unstable and overly powerful (black flames, big crater etc.).

Perhaps this makes sense if the MoUP is the top half of the Vahi but contains almost all of the Vahi's true power.

Then the reason for the "no masks of more than one element rule" would be because Ekimu knew somehow that it would create the part of the Vahi that the Great Disks had not had the power to create, so would be horribly dangerous.

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Just a thought:

-NotS

Sometimes, you just can't think through excitement.

So....My theory is that the Toa were taken after the rebirth of Spherus Magna, brainwashed (like always, maybe they'll regain memory, or glimpses, or something), and sent off to another planet that was in need of help (Maybe this happened to the Toa before Mata Nui, maybe this actually happened before Mata Nui). Anyways, the Toa are supposed to be heroes, traveling around and helping anyone who needs it.

In reply to that big ol' block-o-posts, I get the feeling that the Vahi may be another of Ekimu's, or maybe even Makuta's, creations. I picture the MOUP as being something like a corrupted form of the Ignika, or maybe the Krahkan. The Great Disk argument does have merit, though. Although, what were the actual power codes on the Great Disks again? I forgot which powers they had...

To Toa Fluttershy:

These toa seem younger than the Toa Mata. Not to debunk your theory, which is a pretty cool one, I have to say, but it seems to be hinted that the Toa arrived from somewhere... ELSE. Hey, maybe they are time travelers, but if this is indeed a crossover with the old saga, I like Spherus Magna as their place of origin.

Edited by TL01 NUVA

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

...It took me a solid two minutes to realize what "MoUP" meant.

I feel ashamed.

• Upvote 2

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Lego just wants your money. Just like Hasbro wants your money, and every other toy company ever wants your money. Employees and overhead don't pay for themselves, even when your factories are in Denmark.

Seriously, that's what all of this stuff boils down to. There will be no real connection to G1, and there will be no attempt to bring back the elaborate plots Greg would use (especially not with his style, which, while good early on, is the reason why we have so many unresolved story threads now). There will be a decent enough story (presumably), and lots of toys. Toys with marketing appealing to younger children. Toys set in a theme quite similiar to what young children over the last decade ago would have seen, who now happen to be older children.

Older children who usually have jobs, and as a result, money. Ideally, ones who are fiscally irresponsible, in a not-so-good position and feeling a little nostalic/escapist, or a wonderful combination of the two.

And they will make a lot of money. They've gone through vanilla Lego, Throwbots, Bionicle G1, various branded Themes, and Hero Factory. Heck, with The Hobbit in the popular conscious, now they're selling elves to people. Now, they are on to selling G2, and they have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Best of luck to them, too. Lego, at the very least, puts out a product which inspires some level of creativity.

Will still watch the videos, because those are free.

As I posted earlier, the MoUP could be the top half of the *original* Kanohi Vahi.

The original Vahi seems pretty weak compared to the other Legendary masks (it lets you slow time a bit, and it *rusts*?).
On the other hand, the MoUP seems unstable and overly powerful (black flames, big crater etc.).

Perhaps this makes sense if the MoUP is the top half of the Vahi but contains almost all of the Vahi's true power.

Then the reason for the "no masks of more than one element rule" would be because Ekimu knew somehow that it would create the part of the Vahi that the Great Disks had not had the power to create, so would be horribly dangerous.

The Vahi was the strongest of the masks, actually. It was only "weaker" in the sense of how it could be used. The Ignika was sentient, and therefore more active, and capable of being bargained with, or making its own decisions; the Mask of Creation was in the hands of a strong willed person, and far more accessible to begin with. The Vahi, on the other hand, was so powerful that even a Toa Nuva could barely use it, and that even a crack in the mask could

The MoUP, based on evidence, is more like the Ignika; it has a mind and will of its own, which makes it an active threat. Moreso, in fact, because it can seemingly alter the mind of the wearer.

To me, the Vahi remains better the way it was; an object, albeit a powerful one, but acting only when acted upon. Making it something the Toa can fight for, keep away from the bad guys, or use (to a limited extent), is also more appropriate to the narrative; while "ultimate power" is often seen as a corrupting influence, and "life" is something pushing for its own interests, "time" is uncaring; it is a neutral party in the conflict, and will progress regardless of the outcome.

On a more seriously note, these theories (not just your post, but all of the related ones) are interesting, but I wouldn't actually stake bets on anything particularly innovative popping up. However, I do hope to see the Vahi actually employed meaningfully in the new story in some means. And maybe even keep it relevant, rather than letting it get thrown to the wayside like it did in G1.

Also, I apologize for triggering out like a Tumblrina. I always enjoyed the time-related stories in Bionicle, so I get a tad wordy when the topic comes up. :P

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

...And then there's the possibility that all of this is pure coincidence. The lava flows, the clouds... everything. The videos just happened to have clouds/lava flows/carvings that happened to be drawn in those shapes. Mere coincidence.

But if they aren't, I think the MoUP theory is pretty good. My only question is the shape of the MoUP. If the Vahi really is the bottom half of Makuta's mask, I would think the lower part of sillouette of the Mask behind the flames would resemble the Vahi that is the Easter Egg, especially if Lego has thought far enough ahead to be saying the Vahi is part of the Mask of Ultimate Power.

No... here's my theory.

Makuta's mask controls Protodermis. It does, after all, result of the combination of six elements.

Eh? Eh?

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

To be fair, it was the only one crafted by an MU inhabitant, and dones so under very stressful conditions. I'd say Vakama did as well as he could have.

qs30495.jpg

I'd like to note that there is an off-chance that the original story may be continued after all.

This is a new location. It could be an alternate dimension, a pocket dimension, or a new planet. If they just said "six heroes arrive on Mata Nui," then a continuation would be nigh impossible.

If this is a continuation, the only characters which we have seen before are the Toa. The makuta could be from an alternate dimension--perhaps the Teridax who immigrated with Mazeka. Or Mizerex.

I think that it is possible that the Toa Mata (or alternate Toa Mata from another dimension) could have been summoned by some means to this Island of Okoto.

The main flaw that I see in this idea is that the personalities of the Toa in the second generation are entirely different from their first generation counterparts. We've seen physical alterations and memory wipes before, but never a full personality change. It would explain why Greg spent time continuing the story after BIONICLE died--to set up plot threads to be addressed later. After all, if the Vahi is involved and more thoroughly used than before, any number of things could occur.

Final note: possibility does not grant probability.

Well this is definitely more than an easter egg (or at least I believe so, otherwise they would have just dropped it in once maybe twice :P ). Question is will this be the link to the original series, or will it stand alone? Traditionally the Vahi's powers wouldn't directly allow for a link along the lines I would assume they were aiming for (using a timeline split or some kinda thing like that), but that being said the story is written by them so is a possibility. Personally I kind of actually hope it's more an element of this year's story independent of the old stuff - not sure why but I think it'd be cool. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Good to see lego pay homage to the long time fans of bionicle. Bionicle has never been the franchise to shy away from multiverses, so I look forward to see the possibility of some kind of crossover or "link between worlds" happen.

Especially with all of the talk of time in this reboot, the setup is perfect!

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?