Christian Faber Leaves Advance

Christian Faber recently posted a blog entry announcing that he is leaving Advance and striking out on his own. He is going freelance and starting his own company called 'Rocket.' Rest-assured, he will still be working with Advance and LEGO from time to time, but he's looking to dedicate the majority of his efforts on 'Rebel Nature,' a project he has teased several times in his blog. Faber has been working for Advance on LEGO projects for over twenty-eight years, longer than a lot of us have been alive, so I can see why he might feel a change is needed. Join me in wishing him the best of luck on his future projects!

View the full article

• Upvote 7

Best of luck to him, for sure.  Some of the most evocative, atmospheric concept art I've seen for any story, let alone a line of plastic toys.  I'm sure he'll find further success in his field, with the track record he's got.  And I'm sure we're all grateful to him for all he's done for LEGO and for us.  Thanks, Christian.

• Upvote 3

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I thought he was working on the new Bionicle ?

He was a consultant during the early development stages. He's presumably still available for that purpose if they need him again — after all, his blog entry says he's still be working with Advance on LEGO projects, only now as an independent freelancer rather than an Advance employee.
  • Upvote 3

I was going into this article thinking it'd be all sad, but Faber made it clear that he's still open to working with Lego and Advanced freelance, so he's not gone yet. Still, Faber: thank you for all your great work! His art has inspired me as an artist and will no doubt continue to do so. Speaking of his art, that last Goodbye to Turaga Beach piece is absolutely gorgeous. While also showcasing a bit of a different, darker and sketchier style than his previous pieces, it also is wonderfully metaphoric, with the sun setting over Bionicle (with the giant piece in the ocean).

Good luck to him on his future endeavors in rocket. I hope that we'll see him starside!

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I wonder if he's done dishing out old Bionicle promo art... I was kind of hoping that he'd just dump all his old files out (including any audio files used in the CG animations by Maltha and Simonsen) and let us play around with them, but I guess that's out of the question now.

I agree.

I also hope he'll be working with Lego more than he lets on. Maybe he's really just saying he won't be working too often with Lego just to keep us from getting our hopes up...

Whatever he does, no doubt he will continue to produce outstanding work in whatever he does. Congratulations and the best of luck Mr. Faber.

(This news is actually coming out the day after I decided to do a report in Graphic Design about him because of his work on Lego and Bionicle.)

Edited by The Toa Kaita Nuva Nui

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

Hope Rebel Nature really pans out for him, cause he's a definitely a genius and a splendid artist. :) Glad he will still work with LEGO freelance because his works are some of the most memorable pieces I have seen. Thanks for all the years on Bionicle Christian! :)

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg