BIONICLE Comics - Limited Editions and Extra Pages

Hey everyone!

You might not remember (as it was 5 years ago, wow!) but around the time The Legend Reborn was being released on DVD, several theatre chains did a one-to-two day screening event where they would show the film on the big screen. At these events, they gave out several promotional items including Bionicle Glatorian Issue #4 "Before the Storm".

However, similarly to the promotional version of the 2002 Comic #8 "The End of the Toa?", it had several exclusive pages that were not present in the LEGO Club release. These depicted Mata Nui's first fight with the Vorox as well as his meeting with Metus pretty much as shown in The Legend Reborn.

Wondering if any one has any scans of these pages or knows where I could find them.

Also, as a point for discussion - just how many special edition comics were there? I know foil Comic #8 as a store promotion, this comic #4 of "Glatorian" that I seek as well as the mini-sized comic "3: A Hero Reborn" packaged with The Legend Reborn film in some countries (not in Canada though :( ). Of course there is also the alternate cover Comic-Con versions of the very first Bionicle issue and Issue #3 of Ignition, and the Brickmaster variant covers in the latter half of 2005. Is there any other ones that we may not know about?

EDIT: Found it! Rather easily too. Turns out the BioMedia Project archived copy of comic #4 is actually the special edition one, complete with the Vorox vs Mata Nui pages. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

Woah! I never knew there was a special edition of Before the Storm, nor did I know TLR made it into some theaters.

Now I wanna see those pages too.

Found it! Turns out the BioMedia Project archived copy of this comic was indeed the special edition one with the extra pages. Stumbled upon it by accident really, a pleasant surprise. :)

Are you a comic collector then? I actually have a rarity that you might be interested in.

I wouldn't say I am a comic collector - but I do love seeing limited edition releases. What rarity might you be speaking of?

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Woah! I never knew there was a special edition of Before the Storm, nor did I know TLR made it into some theaters.

Found it! Turns out the BioMedia Project archived copy of this comic was indeed the special edition one with the extra pages. Stumbled upon it by accident really, a pleasant surprise. :)

Are you a comic collector then? I actually have a rarity that you might be interested in.

I wouldn't say I am a comic collector - but I do love seeing limited edition releases. What rarity might you be speaking of?

-NotS

A sealed DC comic #1 with the infected Hau Nuva - it is in German but it's still a nice piece.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Cool, thanks for tracking that down. Did the Papercutz release include those pages, or just the standard version?

I just checked my copy - it does not. Strange, I kind of expected Papercutz to include the pages. Did it include the extra pages in "End of the Toa?"

A sealed DC comic #1 with the infected Hau Nuva - it is in German but it's still a nice piece.

Oh nice! :) That's pretty awesome - how much are you thinking?

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

-NotS

Did you seriously ask me for that comic just to give it away...?

Anyway, you can see the comic here: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/doodleloot/bionicle/comic.jpg

The content is exactly the same, the only difference being the front page and of course the included Hau. I still have three sealed ones myself.

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

Very nice. That mask is indeed a rarer one and its cool that it was packaged with a comic. Are the advertisement pages the same too?

-NotS

They're not the same as in the american one, but I think they're identical with the standard german version. The back side of the comic shows an advert for Bionicle: The Game.

Hail Denmark

-NotS

Anyway, you can see the comic here: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/doodleloot/bionicle/comic.jpg

The content is exactly the same, the only difference being the front page and of course the included Hau. I still have three sealed ones myself.

Is that one of two variants of that one mask that was included in that Bionicle book set?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

-NotS

Is that one of two variants of that one mask that was included in that Bionicle book set?

I don't know wich book set you're talking about, but there are four variants of the infected Hau Nuva.

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark