Time Is Going To Be A Major Theme in 2015

aldero

When the newest story and promotional videos had hit the web, keen eyes had spotted some cheeky Vahi easter eggs. Not only that, but one of the main temples, the Kini-Nui of Okoto, if you will, is called the Temple of Time. Surely this isn't all audience pandering, because I think that time is going to be a major thing in this new line. 

Sure, the Mask of Time easter eggs may just be some fan service, but the Temple of Time is surely hard evidence. I mean, come on, there's a pendulum in the temple. Perhaps when the Protectors combine their powers, they can have control over time. My theory is that the Protectors and the Toa encounter a dangerous threat when the Lord of Skull Spiders finally gets his hands on the Mask of Creation, or even the Mask of Ultimate Power, the only way the forces of Okoto can stop them is by using the very powers of the unity of the Protectors - time. They could manage to harness the Time energy and put it into a physical form, but they do not have the skill to craft such energy into something like a mask, hence the Vahi easter eggs. But of course, Ekimu could craft a Mask of Time. 

This leads the Toa to eventually find Ekimu's forge, and with their powers, they manage to wake up Ekimu and Makuta, and they form an alliance with him in order to craft the Mask of Time. So, Ekimu does make a Mask of Time and the Toa defeat the Lord of Skull Spiders, retrieving the Mask of Creation. But in my established story, waking up Ekimu wakes up Makuta, and vice versa.

After this, Makuta realises his goal, and plots to take over Okoto a second time. Carrying guilt for causing Makuta's release, the Toa unite once more, now with Ekimu's help, to defeat the rogue Maskmaker.

Note: If this counts as a potential spoiler, well, excuuuse me. This is just guesswork here. 

Edited by Professor Turnip
  • Upvote 3

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

In another topic, I theorized that Ekimu secretly crafted a Mask of Time long ago (in the event that something went horribly wrong) and hid it in the aptly named Temple of Time. A Mask of Time has been hinted at, apparently, and the coincidence with the names is too big to be ignored. After all, with the two Mask Makers out cold, who would make a new one? Unless Tahu is the new Vakama, then no one's gonna make the Mask of Time. I say it already exists, and it's hidden in the temple.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

You know, Lego planned a 3 year storyline. My guess is that time will be a major item in the whole storyline, but I don't really think it will be a major point in this years plot. I'd guess this years plot will be more a "sketch the world" period, which would be something I'd really like.

-Iben

• Upvote 2

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

I imagine that if they decide to awaken Makuta, he won't be a bad guy, per se. Before he decided to wear the MoUP, he didn't do anything truly evil. He was only trying to prove he was as good a maskmaker as Ekimu. The mask made him all dark and evil and shadowy and stuff, and you can't blame a bomb for the actions of the detonator. Makuta makes evil mask, mask makes evil Makuta. 

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I imagine that if they decide to awaken Makuta, he won't be a bad guy, per se. Before he decided to wear the MoUP, he didn't do anything truly evil. He was only trying to prove he was as good a maskmaker as Ekimu. The mask made him all dark and evil and shadowy and stuff, and you can't blame a bomb for the actions of the detonator. Makuta makes evil mask, mask makes evil Makuta.

While I agree about Makuta, I think your analogy is severely flawed. You can, in fact, blame the person who sets off a bomb for the destruction the bomb causes. :P
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'm blaming the detonator, not the bomb. I also never said the person who sets off a bomb, I said the detonator, the part of the bomb that makes it go kerplooey. I didn't say bombmaker because then my analogy would sort of fall apart since Makuta did make the MoUP, though he can't be blamed for it's actions.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I agree, makes me think there will not only be some sort of time powers (or characters? :D Probably not but time characters would be cool....) but it will probably be a key plot device in someway. I'm all for this makes for super interesting stories when done well. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

Consider this: the Toa come from somewhere far, far away, yet their anatomies are so similar to that of the villagers. The place where they came from could have had masks of power, and thus a Mask of Time. This could also mean that there was another world with a Mask of Life.

"So who are you, exactly?"

"My name is... ah... Toa Vezon. I'm the Toa of... of... Anarchy."

— Alternate Tarduk and Vezon, Reign of Shadows

:kaukaunu:   :kaukau: :rau: :gahlok: :smilemaku: :smilegalinu:  :smilenokama:  :smilegahlok:  :w:  :a:  :t:  :m_d:  :r:

I personally think that the mask of time being hidden somewhere is a definite possibility! However, it would spawn a new master character for this reason: elements. Tahu wears the mask of power, Gali the mask of water Onua- Earth, etc. We'll get either a new master of Time or like someone else said, a new Mask maker who wears the mask of time.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I personally think that the mask of time being hidden somewhere is a definite possibility! However, it would spawn a new master character for this reason: elements. Tahu wears the mask of power, Gali the mask of water Onua- Earth, etc. We'll get either a new master of Time or like someone else said, a new Mask maker who wears the mask of time.

I think someone with the ability to control time itself would be rather overpowered. If it's a villain, then maybe, but it's still a stretch.

I stand by my theory that Ekimu made the MoT and hid it in the Temple of Time. That coincidence with the names is too freaking big to ignore. Why not Temple of Life or Temple of Creation or anything else?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I think someone with the ability to control time itself would be rather overpowered. If it's a villain, then maybe, but it's still a stretch.

I stand by my theory that Ekimu made the MoT and hid it in the Temple of Time. That coincidence with the names is too freaking big to ignore. Why not Temple of Life or Temple of Creation or anything else?

I see your point...but in G1, we had 3 mask powers, Time, Life, and Creation, that no one being could control....

YET Ekimu has the Mask of Creation in G2 SO it's possible that someone will wear the mask of time as an elemental mask.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I see your point...but in G1, we had 3 mask powers, Time, Life, and Creation, that no one being could control....

YET Ekimu has the Mask of Creation in G2 SO it's possible that someone will wear the mask of time as an elemental mask.

I'm not saying those exist here. But, since a Mask of Time has been hinted at, and a Temple of Time exists, I'm making the obvious connection. Why name it the Temple of Time? Since we've been given no other explanation for the name, I'm taking this route.

Besides, it's a simple theory that even the new kids getting into BIONICLE will easily understand. 

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm not saying those exist here. But, since a Mask of Time has been hinted at, and a Temple of Time exists, I'm making the obvious connection. Why name it the Temple of Time? Since we've been given no other explanation for the name, I'm taking this route.

Besides, it's a simple theory that even the new kids getting into BIONICLE will easily understand. 

Sorry, I forgot to mention that part. I 100% agree with what you're saying with the Temple of Time. The MoT is located in there. I forgot to say that I was basing my theory off of yours:

The MoT is hidden in the Temple of Time; it was created by Ekimu, whom also hid it there in the Temple. A being of some sort...be it a protector or a new master who has a powerless mask, has to seek out and find the Temple of Time and find the Mask of Time and aid the other Toa (I mean Masters) because the new villain is very powerful.

I was thinking they would reintroduce Takanuva (or at least the Seventh Toa concept) but it would be a toa of time (master of time), but because of the Temple of Time, the prophecy of the 7th Master isn't as hidden as it was with the Avhokii just being hidden in a rock.

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that part. I 100% agree with what you're saying with the Temple of Time. The MoT is located in there. I forgot to say that I was basing my theory off of yours:

The MoT is hidden in the Temple of Time; it was created by Ekimu, whom also hid it there in the Temple. A being of some sort...be it a protector or a new master who has a powerless mask, has to seek out and find the Temple of Time and find the Mask of Time and aid the other Toa (I mean Masters) because the new villain is very powerful.

I was thinking they would reintroduce Takanuva (or at least the Seventh Toa concept) but it would be a toa of time (master of time), but because of the Temple of Time, the prophecy of the 7th Master isn't as hidden as it was with the Avhokii just being hidden in a rock.

Actually, they know where the Temple is. Six of the Protectors went there to summon the Toa. But I believe the mask was hidden or locked away, and only a certain combination of masks or powers (an elemental key of sorts) or a very special kind of person can find and reveal it's location.

• Upvote 3

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Actually, they know where the Temple is. Six of the Protectors went there to summon the Toa. But I believe the mask was hidden or locked away, and only a certain combination of masks or powers (an elemental key of sorts) or a very special kind of person can find and reveal it's location.

Yeah. The key in the real story will likely be something having to do with the 6 Masters, but until it's revealed, I can only hope for a "Seventh Toa" Prophecy  :fonz:

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I kinda hope that this time stuff leads to an infinite loop. At the same point in history, the Protectors summoned the Toa to stop a threat, which nearly destroys everything, so they have to send someone back in time to get the Protectors to summon the Toa, and so on and so forth.

I kinda hope that this time stuff leads to an infinite loop. At the same point in history, the Protectors summoned the Toa to stop a threat, which nearly destroys everything, so they have to send someone back in time to get the Protectors to summon the Toa, and so on and so forth.

*cough* the matrix *cough*

Really though, that's a good idea, but it's a blatantly obvious way to keep Bionicle going and it could get stale...just like the Matrix. Literally, that movie series has gotten so stale for me. 

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

There is one thing that I'm confused on though.  On BS01's Vahi page it says: 

However, at New York Comic Con 2014, the BIONICLE team mentioned that the Vahi was only half a mask; in the rebooted continuity, there exists a full one. 

So, if I'm reading this correctly, does this mean that the Vahi in this universe covers the whole face, or is there something deeper that I'm missing?  Like, that there was a Vahi, but it was split. 

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

If i recall correctly, that came from a TTV podcast that had a lot of leading questions in it that was then misinterpreted. Not that it's wrong, but I'd not put too much stock into it until we physically see a Vahi or TLC clarifies it for us.

Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

*cough* the matrix *cough*

Really though, that's a good idea, but it's a blatantly obvious way to keep Bionicle going and it could get stale...just like the Matrix. Literally, that movie series has gotten so stale for me.

It depends on how it's handled. The Matrix handled it badly. Edge of Tomorrow (with Tom Cruise) handled it rather well, especially if, this time round, whoever went back into the past can no longer do so.

• Upvote 1