Quest For The Most Popular Bionicle Set: The Finals

Toa Malachives

Favourite Set From The Most Popular From Each Year  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello BZPower and welcome to the "finals" of The Quest For The Most Popular Bionicle Set. In this I will be announcing the first, second and third place (chosen by most votes) from each year then putting the first from each year all into a poll then collecting in the results on January 1st to determine the most popular set from Bionicle. Note: I did not 2015 sets as many people haven't had time to experience them yet. Note: These results are as of 12:44pm-12:52pm NZL time. All sets are in the form that they were that year, the others only matter in the year they were released in the form they were in that year. All places were determined by polls which are linked at the end.

2001: 3rd: Tarakava with 17 votes , 2nd: Lewa Mata with 18 votes, 1st: Tahu Mata with 21 votes

2002: 3rd: Cahdok & Gahdok and Tahu Nuva each with 9 votes, 2nd: Boxor with 11 votes, 1st: Exo-Toa with 20 votes.

2003: 3rd: Takutanuva and Takua & Pewku each with 8 votes, 2nd: Makuta with 14 votes, 1st: Takanuva with 22 votes.

2004: 3rd: Nidhiki with 6 votes, 2nd: Vakama with 12 votes, 1st: Lhikan & Kikanlo with 35 VOTES WOW!!!

2005: 3rd: Roodaka with 6 votes, 2nd: Keetoungu with 16 votes, 1st: Toa Iruini with 22 votes

2006: 3rd: Axonn with 9 votes, 2nd: Vezon & Kardas and Vezon & Fenrakk each with 11 votes, 1st: Brutaka with 23 Votes.

2007: 3rd: Nocturn with 9 votes, 2nd: Hydraxon with 12 votes, 1st: Maxilos & Spinax with 15 votes.

2008: 3rd: Toa Ignika with 7 votes , 2nd: Axalara T9 with 12 votes, 1st: Takanuva with 18 votes.

2009: 3rd: Thornatus V9 and Toa Mata Nui each with 9 votes, 2nd: Skopio XV-1 with 11 votes, 1st: Mata Nui with 12 votes

2010: 3rd: Takanuva Stars with 16 votes, 2nd: Rahkshi Stars with 18 votes, 1st: Tahu Stars with 30 votes.

Changes made that effect this are: Toa Iruini got and extra vote because someone voted for Sidorak by mistake but didn't want to. There were two other mishaps but they did not effect the top three of any year.

Polls that determines these places. Results collected in already and voting will do nothing.

2001: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16148-quest-for-the-most-popular-bionicle-set-of-all-time-2001-the-beginning/

2002: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16163-quest-for-the-popular-set-2002-the-swarms/?p=796972

2003: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16164-quest-for-the-most-popular-set-2003-the-challenge-to-the-nuva/?p=797011

2004:http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16170-quest-for-the-most-popular-bionicle-set-2004-metru-nui-and-silver/

2005: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16171-quest-for-the-most-popular-set-2005-darker-tones-and-the-visorak/?p=797330

2006: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16173-quest-for-the-most-popular-set-2006-yo-yo-piraka-and-old-matoran-given-new-life/?p=797400

2007: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16174-quest-for-the-most-popular-set-2007-into-the-darkness/

2008: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16184-quest-for-the-most-popular-set-2008-the-beginng-of-the-end/

2009: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16187-quest-for-the-most-popular-set-2009-bara-magna/

2010: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16188-quest-for-the-best-set-2010-the-brown-dwarfs/

Edited by Toa Malachives
  • Upvote 1

It's gotta be Lhikan and Kikanalo. It's a close one to Takanuva (with Ussanui) and Maxilos and Spinax. Toa Lhikan is without a doubt one of the best characters in the Bionicle mythos, and he gets the Toa Metru treatment. Fantastic. Not only that, but he comes with a Kikanalo beast, which is a great Rahi design.

That's a good excuse for a thirty dollar Titan.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Toa Iruini won the 05 poll? I thought that a Titan set would win that year. Not to say that his set wasn't cool, because it is an awesome set.

Anyways, out of all the sets listed here, Brutaka got my vote. Takanuva 08 and the Exo-Toa would be close seconds for me though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Toughest call ever: couldn't decide between the Toa version of Takanuva, or the titan one.

While the Toa version did come with 2 masks, the giant, gun metal Avokii looks really sick.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I chose Lhikan and Kikanolo, partially because they're the only sets I wish I could get, partially because I really wanted to make a similar Toa-riding-beast model, and finally because Lhikan showed us a way to customise one of the most famous masks in BIONICLE (at the time) without losing it's unique design.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I loved all the sets on this list... especially the larger ones for their complexity and aesthetic... but regardless, my vote went to 2001's Tahu Mata.

If there is any BIONICLE set that defines the whole line, it's Tahu. That vibrant red/orange colour scheme, the classic fire sword, the iconic Hau - Tahu is in many ways, the FACE of BIONICLE as a whole.

And also a brilliantly-rounded set with excellent play value and intriguing design.

Tahu is the most popular, most INFLUENTIAL BIONICLE set of all time.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I voted Exo-Toa. It's not my favorite set of all time, but from the sets listed, I think I like it the most. I mostly voted with my gut on this one though, and if I could vote again tomorrow I might pick something else...I still haven't seen the Kikanalo in person, otherwise it would probably be my choice.

IetTsFQ.png

Darn, I only own 2 sets up there.

I voted for Tahu. Guess which Tahu. :P

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Don't quite agree with the selection, I would've picked one of the larger sets from the first two years (except the Exo, not a huge fan of the model after all). But of this grouping, I went with Lhikan and the Kikinalo.

:music:

Some of these aren't my top picks (how did the canister Mata-Nui beat the titan Mata-Nui? And Iruini beat Keetongu?), but they're not bad sets to choose from. I voted for Maxilos and Spinax, which I love dearly.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I voted for Tahu Stars... am I a weirdo for doing that?

Stop copying me. :P

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'm gonna say Lhikan and Kikanalo. I may be biased, as it was my first Titan set, which I actually struggled with building quite a bit. However, I also think that it combined the lovely Metru Toa build with a unique and since-unreplicated style of Titan in a manner that is just so Bionicle. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Gonna go with Brutaka. Absolutely love both the set, the character, and its combiner :)

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I think the only reason someone would vote for Tahu Mata or Stars is nostalgia. There's really nothing redeeming about either set.

Yeah, it's a pretty bad set. It doesn't have anything special like the other Mata have (i.e. Lewa's claw additions, Gali's altered torso, ect.) 

Just goes to show how nostalgic the Bionicle community is by choosing a set that has no elbows or knees for the sake of tradition.  :P

bZpOwEr

I think the only reason someone would vote for Tahu Mata or Stars is nostalgia. There's really nothing redeeming about either set.

Yeah, it's a pretty bad set. It doesn't have anything special like the other Mata have (i.e. Lewa's claw additions, Gali's altered torso, ect.) 

Just goes to show how nostalgic the Bionicle community is by choosing a set that has no elbows or knees for the sake of tradition.  :P

I think you're really overstating the flaws of the set. (Mata, at least) For its time, it was a good enough set, and it's definitely one of the most iconic in the entire line. Its color scheme, mask, and weapon could all in some way be seen by anyone as something "special." Seeing as how this is about the most popular set rather than the all around objectively best, I'm not really sure what you're arguing here, really. 

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

How is Lhikan winning? He's a limited edition set. Therefore he cannot be the most popular. People would have to have a chance, or OWN the set to be the most popular. I don't have Lhikan. I do have Tahu.

...? What do you mean? To be popular, it just has to be popular. It just means people like the set. They don't even have to own something to like it. Besides, it was just a store exclusive-one of quite a lot throughout Bionicle's history. To not count all those store exclusives would be silly.

AXKP5KC.png

How is Lhikan winning? He's a limited edition set. Therefore he cannot be the most popular. People would have to have a chance, or OWN the set to be the most popular. I don't have Lhikan. I do have Tahu.

...? What do you mean? To be popular, it just has to be popular. It just means people like the set. They don't even have to own something to like it. Besides, it was just a store exclusive-one of quite a lot throughout Bionicle's history. To not count all those store exclusives would be silly.

Lhikan is a limited edition SET. LIMITED meaning not everyone can/could obtain it. And as for the most popular SET it should have been one of the standard sets that could be obtained by your normal kid. It doesn't make sense that it's on here because it can NOT be the most poluar set. I don't care if you wish you had it, or if you like it, you have to vote for the SET which is most popular. And that was Tahu Mata, hands down it wasn't even a question. Everyone knows Tahu is the most popular set (factually) and that of one of the most purchased and owned. This poll needs to be changed to not include sets of limited value.

Lhikan is a limited edition SET. LIMITED meaning not everyone can/could obtain it. And as for the most popular SET it should have been one of the standard sets that could be obtained by your normal kid. It doesn't make sense that it's on here because it can NOT be the most poluar set. I don't care if you wish you had it, or if you like it, you have to vote for the SET which is most popular. And that was Tahu Mata, hands down it wasn't even a question. Everyone knows Tahu is the most popular set (factually) and that of one of the most purchased and owned. This poll needs to be changed to not include sets of limited value.

....eh? Limited Edition is just code for "you could only get this one in TRU." A kid at the time could have definitely gotten it, it's not some massively outlandish idea. And how does the fact that we're voting for the most popular set preclude our opinions on the set? Simply because you personally think Tahu deserves it? That's a pretty stubborn attitude to take on this. The premise of these polls was NOT which one was most purchased or most widely available, simply which one the people in this site liked best.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

No accutally, it's called the Quest For The Most Popular Set, meaning that we are looking to find it. In the actual question it asks what is your favourite, not which one you think is most popular. That is why I set up this poll to find it (at least in the BZPower community).

Limited Edition is just a stamp they put on products to get people to buy it at full price. Every set of a year is limited to that year pretty much.