Favorite Uniform Weapon  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My vote went to the Rhotuka Spinners. I always had fun launching them and seeing how far they flew. No other projectile from a Bionicle set could get the distance that these could. That is why they are my favorite. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

but as time went by, the design of the launchers became more and more lazy, in my opinion.

I guarantee that things like the Cordak mechanism were not the result of "laziness". You don't design an air blaster with turret that automatically advances because you weren't really "feeling it" that day.

As time went by, more and more attention was given to the launcher features, and that's where the problem comes in.

My favorite is probably the Tridax pods honestly. They looked cool and kept with the Makuta's theme. Plus the leeches are adorable.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

I didn't notice the Shadow Leeches, otherwise I'd have voted for them. The leeches were cool, and the rib cage was sooo creepy, especially because it could open and had a glowing red orb inside...They definitely helped to make the winter 2008 Makuta horrifying.

The Thornax launcher is my second choice, because it was so much smaller, aesthetically superior, and easier to build with than any of the previous launchers. The Zamor launcher was also great, and although it was large it functioned well, was easy to build with, and looked good on the Toa Inika.

IetTsFQ.png

I liked the Nynrah Ghost Blasters the best. They used compression, however they didn't wear out over time like the Cordak Blasters did. They also didn't hurt when you got hit by one, and the ammunition wasn't very easy to lose. 

But srsly...NO SOLID AIR LAUNCHER OPTION???? 

bZpOwEr

but as time went by, the design of the launchers became more and more lazy, in my opinion.

I guarantee that things like the Cordak mechanism were not the result of "laziness". You don't design an air blaster with turret that automatically advances because you weren't really "feeling it" that day.

Alright, maybe not laziness, but you have to say that the Cordak guns weren't the best. And I'm not claiming to be a pro on them:

I've played with Cordaks a few times - I don't actually own any -

Laziness is just the first word that came to mind. 

Zamor, for sure. They had the most variety of any of the other launchers, with different colors for the launchers themselves as well as the Zamor Spheres to match their user's color scheme. They had good range and aim, and they were really detailed and just beautiful and had a lot of personality, I think. I'm disappointed the Inika Zamor Launchers are a separate category, but those extra ammo things didn't really look that great nor function too well (considering their only real improvement was that it was a little harder for the spheres to fall out while playing).

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Rhotuka, for a number of reasons: firstly, they're one of the few launchers you can incorporate into pretty much anything, making them feel more 'natural' than the others. Secondly, you can get a tremendous distance easily. Thirdly, they're easy to explain to a kid.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I liked the Kanoka launchers the best, specifically the ones that the matoran had. The Thornax launchers where also nice because of their small, simple design and their ability to use Zamor spheres. Also, the ammo (for both of the launchers) wouldn't fall off too easily.

I generally dislike the launchers that shot Zamor spheres because they would either roll a LONG distance away or rebound off something without losing much energy; the effort required to find and collect the ammo outweighed the fun in using the launchers. 

My vote went to the Rhotuka Spinners. I always had fun launching them and seeing how far they flew. No other projectile from a Bionicle set could get the distance that these could. That is why they are my favorite.

I couldn't agree more.

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

Thornax launchers. I also liked the idea of the Tridax pods as well.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

I voted for Nynrah Ghost Blasters, but Thornax launchers are underrated too. They don't fall out, they're accurate, they're easy to grab onto from any angle and fire, like with a Zamor launcher you need to get your hand behind it and position your fingers in such a way, aim the launcher and fire hoping none fall out or the arm flops because of the immense weight, but with Thornax launchers you can just grab it, and fire wherever you want. It feels very pleasant to use. Also, the ammo has rubber spikes so they don't roll away and get lost when you fire them, unlike nearly every other ammo ever. The rubber also makes it more story-accurate, since Thornax are fruits and are organic, so it's good that they feel like it in-hand.

• Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Even though I hated clone weapons, the Skyblaster was favorite. It functions better than the Zamo Sphere Launcher and Thornraxx Launcher. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The skyblaster was a marble shooter, shame it got replaced with a fruit chucker.

why do you think the thornax launchers were so great? theres no concept funnier than lobbing explosive fruit at your enemies :V

i actually did pick thornax. like, as launchers, theyre just sooo simple? theyre a simple concept, simple builds, simple execution, lots of room for customization, the individual launcher parts could be used for other things, they could also fire zamor spheres which a lot of people likely already had a lot of at that point

Edited by Courtney

bionicle is trans culture

I liked the Cordak the best. They may not have worked the best and were a bit bulky, they were Gatling guns with a rotating barrel! They looked pretty good mounted on the sets I must say, way better than say, the multi-shot zamor launchers, those looked strange to me. The Midaks were definitely a better option imo.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

In terms of MOCing potential, only really the Thornax launchers had any at all. However in terms of just using the launcher, definitely the Inika Zamor magazines. I had so much fun blasting things with those back in 2006. The Skyblasters were almost as good, but a lot less convenient to reload. Also, the Cordak blasters rank pretty highly for sheer awesomeness alone, and they fired decently to boot.

We should also remember that the squid launchers were simply the worst. I don't think I ever successfully fired a squid from them once. A dreadful, dreadful launcher.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

The skyblaster was a marble shooter, shame it got replaced with a fruit chucker.

why do you think the thornax launchers were so great? theres no concept funnier than lobbing explosive fruit at your enemies :V

i actually did pick thornax. like, as launchers, theyre just sooo simple? theyre a simple concept, simple builds, simple execution, lots of room for customization, the individual launcher parts could be used for other things, they could also fire zamor spheres which a lot of people likely already had a lot of at that point

I found the thornax to be boring, thats all.

Kanoka. While I'm a fan of the Rhotuka, and I got to play with Thornax later with HF's launchers, Kanoka are accurate and easily findable after launch. Megaprops. 

Also, why are the 2015 gatling guns not included?

Oh, I'm only going for Gen 1 right now, because everyone knows those will be the best! :D

Eh, they don't so much shoot as they "pop". Because the whole mechanism is just popping the studs out.

Kanoka. While I'm a fan of the Rhotuka, and I got to play with Thornax later with HF's launchers, Kanoka are accurate and easily findable after launch. Megaprops. 

Oh, I'm only going for Gen 1 right now, because everyone knows those will be the best! :D

Eh, they don't so much shoot as they "pop". Because the whole mechanism is just popping the studs out.

Pops that can take out eyes.

Pops that can take out eyes.

Actually I've taken out more eyes with the zamor sphere. That thing is brutal.

I liked the Kanoka launchers the best, specifically the ones that the matoran had. The Thornax launchers where also nice because of their small, simple design and their ability to use Zamor spheres. Also, the ammo (for both of the launchers) wouldn't fall off too easily.

I generally dislike the launchers that shot Zamor spheres because they would either roll a LONG distance away or rebound off something without losing much energy; the effort required to find and collect the ammo outweighed the fun in using the launchers. 

This is my exact reason why I hate the Zamor/Thornax. Also, you had to buy one of those Piraka packs with 10 Zamor spheres and they were only released for one year. Another peeve I have with Zamor was that they got so REPETITIVE. Every 2006 set, every 2009 set, and almost all of Hero Factory. They could have at least brought back Kanoka or something and called it something different.

My favorite were the Kanoka and Rhotuka.

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe