2015 Book 1: Beware the Skull Spiders (Review)

Grey Snow

I like this a lot, especially the take on the Protectors and Tahu's portrayal.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Thank you.  I really wanted to touch on the Toa being uncontrollable monsters of their elements for a while, and this was the perfect place to do it.  The Protectors role change was also born of some of their design elements we could see on the leaks, where they looked like they could possibly be more monstrous (and also taken some slight ideas from Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog).  I liked the idea of the Toa proving themselves against those rather than just shafting those into being villagers.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For a minute I thought the protectors were machines. I also like Jaller and Tahu's dilemma about stated duty vs. saving of innocents. I do think Kopaka was a little out of charterer. He talks more then he used to. But I guess that makes sense with a story redo and all.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Kopaka does talk more, but I made him the one with cold logic.  I figured in this case they can see that there is some dire need to get things done, and he's just being the logical one to get this done.  The faster it gets done, the sooner the team can split up and he can be alone.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg