Official ProToa combiners: Out. Custom Combiners: In!

The current official Protector/Toa (ProToa) combiners, while interesting enough, have one common deficiency: they stink like a Toa of Dumpsters went nova.
To amend this, I went to get a couple of Protectors and combined them with their respective Toa.

I wanted to make the combinations easily reversible from the Toa's side, incorporate elements of both Toa and Protector tools, have some Skull Spider integration, and be done only with pieces from the Toa and Protector sets.

Here's what I came up with.

Pohatu + Protector of Herbs and Spices Stone
http://i.imgur.com/xEZ5NLW.jpg
This one's my personal favorite of the two.
The projectile weapon is identical to the official design. It looked nice, so why change it?
I made the armor on both arms symmetrical, and fashioned a pair of "headdress" shoulderpads to accentuate a "tribal chieftan" look. To this end, the tool in his left hand is a double-ended War Rattle.

Lewa + Protector of Jungle
http://i.imgur.com/gJSwu7e.jpg
Not much to say about this one. The clawed feet are a shoutout to Lewa Nuva's MoL design. 

What do you guys think? 
Do you have custom ProToa combiners of your own to share?

Edit: Images linked; please keep posted images in BBC to 640x640 pixels and 100 kB, about.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 4

Ok, they both look good, but the jungle one...I love the use of the neon green pieces as wing tips/extenders and I love how the protector mask looks on the tow-sized body (something I was planning on doing with my MOCing when I have the new pieces). Again, I like them both, but I think the Jungle combiner has a cooler use of parts.  :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I'm almost angry with how well the Protector of Jungle's Mask fits with Lewa and this is coming from probably the only person who likes the new Miru. Really good I might actually have to buy all the protectors not just so I can make some of my own.

Edited by Xarok

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-