Rhotuka Natures and Effects

Sorry to start another topic so soon. But seeing how that Topic was merely to discuss Kanohi I thought I'd make a topic for the other thing I've been wondering.

Now to the point Rhotuka Spinners are only available to MU beings correct? Agori, Skrall, Glatorian, and Vorox even if they had a launcher like the Toa Hagah's Shields they would still be incapable of launching one am I correct?

But even if they aren't able to launch them all beings are susceptible to the effects of the power right? I meant if it can be hit and has some organics or similar substance they would be altered in the case of Roodaka's or Scramble their minds like Gatherer has?

Also I wonder can Great Beings create Rhotuka? After all they invented them for the MU and would know how to collect the type of energy.

From what I've read if it's tangible a Rhotuka can hit and effect it based off its power. But I'm not 100% and thats why I've come to you guys. Let the discussion commence.

:D

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Since they are protodermic (like everything else in the MU) they probably can't be used by SM inhabitants, since they aren't protodermic. For the same reason, I'm not sure that they would affect SM inhabitants, either. Seems like it could go either way. The Ignika could affect SM beings, but it's kinda special.

Pretty sure the GBs could create Rhotuka, since they created the beings which create Rhotuka.

Rhotuka are indeed tangible, and can be ridden somehow. I would think this would result in the rider getting very dizzy, but the Hordika managed it just fine in WoS, if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps :)

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Since they are protodermic (like everything else in the MU) they probably can't be used by SM inhabitants, since they aren't protodermic. For the same reason, I'm not sure that they would affect SM inhabitants, either. Seems like it could go either way. The Ignika could affect SM beings, but it's kinda special.

Pretty sure the GBs could create Rhotuka, since they created the beings which create Rhotuka.

Rhotuka are indeed tangible, and can be ridden somehow. I would think this would result in the rider getting very dizzy, but the Hordika managed it just fine in WoS, if I recall correctly.

Hope this helps :)

Hmm the launchers maybe Protodermic but Protodermis isn't a form of energy. It takes the form of many types of matter but its not a form of energy. 

Also a odd thing I just remembered Toa of Water can control water as we know it. Toa of Earth and Stone can control the non protodermic versions of their element.

I'm more willing to think that SM beings can be effected but cannot create them.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

@Toa Komali: But Rhotuka must be some form of matter, since they can be ridden. I'd say they're probably protodermis like everything else in the MU. Again, I'm not sure on this one. Bionicle science is too complicated to really rationalize, so the answer is pretty much arbitrary. It could go either way, methinks. (I'd rather no one ask Greg on this one, though. It's too relevant to the present state of affairs on SM and could easily be a major factor in a fanfiction.)

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

What? Maybe some Rhotuka launchers are activated mentally, but surely you could build a device that fires Rhotuka with the press of a trigger, right?

I honestly don't know. From what Ive read on BS01 all beings in the matoran universe have the power to create a spinner but they don't always have a launcher.

I remember a few years back a contest held here was for a design of a SM character. In the rules the only launcher allowed was Thonax and I took that to mean SM races can't create Rhotuka.

That and the fact that as far as I'm aware they can't access Kanohi powers either. 

Also Johnrahk a quote from BS01 "The layer of energy that bonds Rhotuka together makes the spinners tangible." There is ways with our science to create hard energy constructs we just haven't learned how to do it ourselves.  :D I do agree though no one need bother Greg. He's done so much this is a trifle that he doesn't need to be bothered wit.

Edited by Toa Komali

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

What's confusing is how Rhotuka powers would act on SM inhabitants. Most cases seem obvious - elemental spinners and Rhotuka of Slowness would be rather obvious. 

But I would imagine transforming a Agori into a Visorak would be beyond the scope of Roodaka's Rhotuka, don't you think? Too much energy needed. 

What's confusing is how Rhotuka powers would act on SM inhabitants. Most cases seem obvious - elemental spinners and Rhotuka of Slowness would be rather obvious. 

But I would imagine transforming a Agori into a Visorak would be beyond the scope of Roodaka's Rhotuka, don't you think? Too much energy needed. 

I'm not so sure. After all They do have metallic organic bones. That would be a great stop gap for the mechanical side of the biomechanical parts of a Visorak.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

In terms of effect, the usual rule (and I'm even having trouble thinking of any exceptions off the top of my head) is that powers work on protodermic and normal matter alike. Elemental powers do, for example, the Kaukau works in normal water, etc.

The elements even allow you to make nonprotodermic versions of those substances, and that one should need the GBs to intentionally program that in. So that point might give us a clue that many protodermic powers could be intended to be able to be operated by SM beings too. And some sort of pre-protodermis version of elemental powers existed in the Glatorian weapons, and the Element Lords. So I don't see the protodermis barrier as uncrossable. But it depends on how the GBs designed them, so I wouldn't say one or the other is clear for control. Greg would have to answer that one methinks.

It's also possible they wouldn't normally, but the Glatorian that Mata Nui gave elemental powers to might.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

In terms of effect, the usual rule (and I'm even having trouble thinking of any exceptions off the top of my head) is that powers work on protodermic and normal matter alike. Elemental powers do, for example, the Kaukau works in normal water, etc.

The elements even allow you to make nonprotodermic versions of those substances, and that one should need the GBs to intentionally program that in. So that point might give us a clue that many protodermic powers could be intended to be able to be operated by SM beings too. And some sort of pre-protodermis version of elemental powers existed in the Glatorian weapons, and the Element Lords. So I don't see the protodermis barrier as uncrossable. But it depends on how the GBs designed them, so I wouldn't say one or the other is clear for control. Greg would have to answer that one methinks.

It's also possible they wouldn't normally, but the Glatorian that Mata Nui gave elemental powers to might.

Then we can feasibly see a Rhotuka affecting a SM inhabitant. Even if normally they cannot create the energy themselves it would still affect them. 

Like I said I don't want to bother Greg unless it's absolutely necessary. But yes this helps with a idea I have for my collab.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!