Rahkshi: The 42 [Complete Customized Set]

Ooh... That chain Lightning Rahk looks nothing like Squid, my character in Corpus Rahkshi, though. These are amazing! It must be awesome to have this huge army of Rahkshi! I won't put in any Corpus Rahkshi requests- you've worked hard and produced a beautiful result. I am considering making another account to upvote this twice. (JK about that, I don't want to get banned.)

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Two things. 

Number one: Nice work on all of these! 

Number two: I built my own version of the Rahkshi of Dodge, and, like you, I used Kopaka's '08 weapon. Great minds think alike, eh? ;)

EDIT: Make that THREE things. :P Where'd that saw blade on the Power Scream Rahkshi come from? I'm not familiar with that particular piece.

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm sure the folks at Corpus Rahkshi will appreciate this. I'm just going through and giving names to each power (Raptor, Mahrika, Squid...).

This is a really cool collection! I don't think anyone's attempted this before, and I like what you've done with the staffs. If I'm not mistaken, the tools from the Chain Lightning and Power Scream come from the Star Soldier knockoffs, right? Great use of parts on all of these, though my inner purist is cringing at all the parts that were cut. :D

This makes me realize I've been drawing Fang (my Plasma Rahkshi) with backwards colors this entire time. I've been using red head and back (covered in white paint, since seared off) with tan limbs. Oops.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 3

Interesting.

I don't normally like seeing pieces modified, but I do like how they look different from the original six that were released.

I'm also a fan of the redesign on Heat Vision.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The purist in me is hating this but there's no denying that this is an incredible feat! The big question though, is do you have all of their kraata?! :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I've always wanted to see someone do this. Nice work.

I don't like some of the staff choices, but I suppose your options were limited without making it repetitive. Neat that you were able to get your hands on the BLOCKO pieces too.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

That is quite something. In fact, I'd say send those off to the BIONICLE Archives when you're done with them. Something that good deserves to be in a museum.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Thank you!

1. I have no idea what Corpus Rahkshi is. :) But glad I could help?

2. Surprised so many people recognize the Blocko/Final Fighter pieces. (If anyone has the yellow or green Final Fighter "Toa" I will buy them!!!)

I don't normally like seeing pieces modified

The purist in me is hating this

I laugh gleefully taking a box knife to lego pieces.

I don't like some of the staff choices, but I suppose your options were limited without making it repetitive. 

The only possible fault is that the spines and staff-ends vary a lot in dimensions. 

I scoured Bricklink for a long time, I came up with the pieces I thought MOST compatible, I wish more were closer to the original exact specifications too. 

My god man, these are amazing! Headcanon here, for sure!

Also that Rahkshi of Insect Control looks mighty amazing!

Love the colors for the Rahkshi of Rahi Control too, good choice of spraypaint! :P

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this entire project end up draining your wallet? :)

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this entire project end up draining your wallet? :)

Actually, I hadn't added it up until you asked. It's a little tricky since I ordered some parts for other projects simultaneously with these batches, but if I gloss over the issue of how to divide the shipping costs, the pieces and paint come out to roughly $320, give or take. I started with some pieces but had to order the vast majority. 

Not bad! Avereged $9 per set:)

Congrats on your army again! Makuta would be proud.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Just curious as to where you got the colour schemes for on these custom sets. Are any of them depicted in canon or were they all your own personal schemes? 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Just curious as to where you got the colour schemes for on these custom sets. Are any of them depicted in canon or were they all your own personal schemes? 

Yes yes yes, these are all cannon color schemes, just check out the Rahkshi page on any of the wikis. That's the whole point. There's no WAY I, or any rational person, would choose some of these color schemes. Did you know there are SEVEN that use blue for a head color, SIX that use black, but only ONE that uses green?! The lack of variety and clashing of primary and secondary colors was the most difficult thing to swallow while doing this. I livened it up to the best of my ability by substituting dark blue for blue on two of them, and dark green for green. 

• Upvote 1

Okay wow, that's a lot of Rahkshi,  most of the Rahkshi Staff looks great but like Vacuum and Ice Resistance staff I don't like and some of the Rahkshi color would look great of the two color was switch around IMO.

Also I love what you did with the Heat Vision Rahkshi.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

So you spray painted for the colors, how did you get all those neat weapons and all those spines??

They're all just lego pieces, many also spraypainted to be silver. The majority of the spines are the weapons from the Bionicle minis playsets. There are also a lot of later-year Bionicle pieces and hero factory pieces so, waiting 10 years to do this paid off in that regard, by having more options. I just scrolled though a ton of Bricklink entries thinking, "What would make a good Rahkshi piece..." 

Words can't explain how amazing these are.  Not only have you managed to make unique Rahkshis, but you've managed to make 36 of them!!  That is incredible.  I really love the unique weapons and spine choices in particular.  Amazing job well done!

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

I never knew the difference between Heat Vision and Laser Vision.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Heat Vision = Blasts of heat coming from the eyes

Laser Vision = Blasts of electromagnetic radiation coming from the eyes

Heat comes from infrared radiation. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Infrared radiation? Wow, all these years I thought that they were spewing magma or something from their eye sockets.  :P

bZpOwEr

If you want to get technical, anything with a temperature (i.e., all matter,) is absorbing and emitting electromagnetic radiation all over the spectrum. The peak wavelength of emission is based on temperature. Look up Wien's Law. Objects that are roughly human-temperature give off chiefly EM waves in the infrared band, leading to your confusion. But hotter objects (i.e. the sun) give off chiefly visible light, bigger stars peak in the ultraviolet, cold gas in space gives of radio waves...

There are a number of Rahkshi powers that seem repetitive that I dislike. The original blue and brown rahkshi powers are effectively identical, as well as the light-blue's. As for heat/laser vision, I envision that heat vision is supposed to have the effect of heating something up and melting it, whereas laser vision is more like a dissecting scalpel for cutting something up.

• Upvote 2

I never knew a lot of the power differences, either. Honestly, what is the difference between Chain Lightning and Electricity? And then there's the whole Heat Vision/Laser Vision Debacle. And the Blue and Brown Rahkshi's powers confused me, too.

All in all, it's interesting to finally see these in the flesh. I really like how you didn't change the colour schemes of the Rahkshi, because there are quite a few of them that are pretty awful, but hey, you kept to the canon. I also really love some of the spines that you made, they're very intuitive and I haven't seen a lot of the pieces used in quite a long time. Yes, it pains me that some of these colours and spines were at the loss of some regular pieces, but the end result looks incredible and I'd say it's worth the destruction.

Some of the spines seem too large, some too small. Same goes for the staff-toppers. But, there are a lot more that look amazing. Power Scream might be my favourite colour-wise, but I think Accuracy's spine and staff are the coolest (even if they seem a bit large and cumbersome).

Lastly, part of me loves that you build these to the original set designs, but I kinda wish someone would translate these to different builds with elbows, but I know your goal with this project was to finally give us visuals of the massive Rahkshi army.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

I always wondered why they had to have 42 powers, even if so many of them overlapped. I've looked over the list and found so many powers that are effectively the same at varying levels.

Thank you!

1. I have no idea what Corpus Rahkshi is. :) But glad I could help?

Corpus Rahkshi is a text-based RPG run here on BZP. It's really fun and popular. It's basically a bunch of intelligent Rahkshi running around in a high school.

Was just looking at this on Brickshelf! Amazing set of custom Rahkshi. I love the use of the minifigure tools for spines, very innovative. :) And the repaints are ridiculously beautiful! I'd buy a pink or purple or orange Rahkshi any day of the week!

-NotS

Perhaps I'll list the paints I used sometime for anyone who wants to recreate them. Although they weren't that hard to find, though. 

This is amazing! I never really had any problem with cutting/gluing parts, but if I did, this would probably override it. Now I can visualize every single Rahkshi variant! A lot of these have staffs and spines that really fit their power. I could almost see the Elasticity Rahkshi stretching himself.

Two things. 

Number two: I built my own version of the Rahkshi of Dodge, and, like you, I used Kopaka's '08 weapon. Great minds think alike, eh? ;)

EDIT: Make that THREE things. :P Where'd that saw blade on the Power Scream Rahkshi come from? I'm not familiar with that particular piece.

I actually read "Heat Vision" in what I imagine to be Cyrahk's voice the instant I saw that Rahkshi.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

This is amazing! I never really had any problem with cutting/gluing parts, but if I did, this would probably override it. Now I can visualize every single Rahkshi variant! A lot of these have staffs and spines that really fit their power. I could almost see the Elasticity Rahkshi stretching himself.

Two things. 

I actually read "Heat Vision" in what I imagine to be Cyrahk's voice the instant I saw that Rahkshi.

HAHA! I guess he's made a lasting impression, then! :P

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~