Sand Tarakava (Replica!) for sale!

Munty

Eh...After giving this much though, I've decided not to purchase one. Seeing as this is pretty much a MOC; albeit with very rare pieces (you could've taken the Ruru's to a professional paint person and have it colored the correct yellow), I don't think it's worth around 80 American buckaroos (probably going to be more since you're auctioning them), to me. And I don't think Bionicle 'replicas' will resale very well. (Which I always do with collectibles). 

I like this idea behind this--it's a as close as the ultra-rare Sand Tarakava as anyone going to get! And the 'X-in-10' concept really excites me.
Though, thinking about this YET AGAIN lol, I might come in at the last second and snag once of these babies. 

Well, that my pointless post. I wish you good luck on selling these Munty, and keep up the good work!

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm just passing by, but I wanted to note that step 4 on those instructions has a mistake: there are 2 pins listed instead of the technic connector shown. Figured I should comment just in case, since it's obvious you're putting a lot of effort into them and it would be best to spot errors early!

The instructions and box art look really great, by the way.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

you could've taken the Ruru's to a professional paint person and have it colored the correct yellow

You wouldn't believe how hard I tried to find someone, people who paint 'normal' things aren't all that interested in painting Lego things it seems! Keep an eye on the last half of the listings and you're more than welcome to place a bid if you should feel so inclined ;)

Thanks so much buttlass! No idea how I missed that! I told my other half yesterday that she's going to test build it for me when I'm done so I'd like to think I would've caught it eventually but it's much better knowing it's caught this early!!! The part boxes and other final detail are all added in paint so it's a simple fix thankfully. Fixing it will be my first job of the morning now :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thanks SD, we're certainly getting there slowly! Took a break from cleaning up backgrounds today but found a little time to try and put together the inventory page for the back of the manual. Been lucky enough to rip most of the components straight from the high res tarakava PDF I have but there are 8 pieces I can't find good pics of. They're either different quality, inconsistent angles or just plain non-existent. I'm already using 3d images for a few parts but would rather avoid it for as many as possible to stay nice and close to the original format!

Vraiment, when I put these auctions back up it'll be one item at a time with a 24 hour cooling off period. That means the item doesn't sell until there have been no bid increases for a whole day. This stops people sniping and it gives a fair chance to people all over the world as opposed to just the ones in the right timezones! The next one for sale will be no.6 and then we move on to no.7 until they're all gone! Simple really :) The bids here do not include postage and so far I haven't requested payment from the winning bidders but I think I probably will do when I restart the bidding. It won't need to be an immediate payment but I'll probably put a 7-14 day limit on it depending how close they are to being ready to ship. And they're starting to get pretty close now!

Thanks guys! We're really gathering steam here now so hoping to be ready to ship soon, let alone restart the auctions! Martin 2298 pretty much nailed the cover for the instruction manual first time round which is pretty depressing as I had to tryseveral times before I was happy with mine! That and he said, 'quick' photoshop. I was in no way quick! Also, following close on the heels of several people who have attempted the boxart so far I decided to just do it myself. Should've done that a long time ago as I managed to put together something I like in just a few hours! Yes I know, still not quick but give me a break I only started using this software on Sunday!

So here is another little update. Going to get back to the instructions themselves now as a cover is not much good without something inside it! Also need to finish the inventory page and an information label for the back of the box. Got the Komau, grey pins and rubber bands still to come too. Then we're ready to go! Getting exciting now. Even though I've had my own set keeping me company for weeks now, it's really exciting knowing I can start shipping the others out soon. I hope their new owners are as happy with them as I am!

InsPage01_zpsvskiew2f.png

Boxfront_zpseuhwlxqo.png

You said you didn't know what sets most of these pieces were in, right?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Ummm... Not sure what you mean. I probably couldn't name a set for each piece off the top of my head but since I've spent the last few months designing, building and inventorying these things I have a pretty good idea where most of them are from! Of course I'd have to look up some of the more obscure ones but anyone can do that really, the tough part is knowing which pieces you need first and how they go together! 

I meant what sets the pieces were originally in. I assume most of the yellows come from those fighting sets back in like 1999 or so.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Somne of the ones I'm not sure of without checking are the 15x1 yellow liftarms, orange fairings and trans-yellow rounded 2x4 bricks. Most of the others are in sets I'm familiar with. Komau is of course from the Manas crabs. Yellow fairings ar ein M+KR and so on.

Hey Vrai, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Was probably busy with instructions :P 

Anyhow, the auctions are ready to roll again and the sets themselves are oh so nearly ready to ship!!! The boxes are here and I've got the finished boxart printed and on. Instructions are about 30% complete (more than half of the 80 images cleaned up now but only 12 complete stages so far!)I'm still waiting on the order with the yellow Komau in frustratingly but he should sort his act out soon I hope and then that'll be done too. I still need to sort out an information sticker for the back of the box and then once instructions are finished we'll be good to go! 

In the meantime, I'm ready to start finding the remaining 5 sets new homes to go to so anyone who's been watching and waiting now is the time to turn your interest into a purchase! Five more chances to buy then they're gone forever so don't sit on the sidelines :D

Hopefully the following image of what you'll be receiving will convince you it's a worthwhile investment. The manual shown is just the cover right now but the rest is ready to go!

10835144_10153034653371763_8426668532880

Thanks for looking and let's get bidding started. This is for no. 6 of 10 and we'll start off at £70 again but I feel I may need to up the starting price as we get into the last few sets so I'd recommend getting a bid in now to take advantage of the current price! The sale will be final 24 hours after the last bid is placed and I'll accept increments of £1 or more. For now that's it, doors are open. First person here may begin the bidding and then it's open to the floor! Any questions please feel free to post them here or message me anytime. I'll always do my best to get back to you.

Good luck! T

• Upvote 2

70 pounds

For the first time in four years ... the Bionicle story comes to a close

with the Bionicle Disunity trilogy

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

BZP User The Mad Great Being presents ... Bionicle: Malevolence

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19970-the-great-being-civil-war/

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Haha, sorry, 80 pounds.

Were you as shocked as I was upon learning the Bionicle serials "The Yesterday Quest" and "The Powers That Be" would never be finished?

Did you know that Lego won't allow Greg Farshtey to complete the story because they want to focus on marketing G2?

My close friend The Mad Great Being has been working tirelessly on completing the Bionicle story ... and now it is finally finished. His writing style stays

true to the integrity of the characters that we know and love.  His plot ideas are something only comparable to Greg Farshtey's.

Trust me, I'm hard to please with fan-fiction.  If you liked reading Bionicle Chronicles/Adventures/Legends ... then you won't

want to miss the next best thing since learning Mata Nui was a 40-million-foot-tall robot.

Sponsored by Wamsutta

85 pounds

Sponsored by Wamsutta

87 pounds

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Thanks for the bids guys (wamasutta you actually outbid yourself at one point!)

These auctions operate witha 24 hour cooling off period, that means each time a higher bid is placed the countdown starts from 24 hours again. Currently, if no more bids are placed by 8.28pm GMT (tomorrow) then no.6 will go to Toa Tupac.

I'll go with £91.

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Yes Tupac, if this one goes to Gust4v then there are still 4 more chances for you to buy. I think the auction for no.7 may have a 12 hour cooling off period, currently it will be another 20 hours before this one ends now! I'm going to let it run it's course now as it wouldn't be fair to change things now and I don't want to open a can of worms but the next auctions will likely have a much shorter cooldown period!

£93

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Oh my gosh, I believe it's been 24 hours!! I think I won!! :) :) :) I'm so excited!!

Sponsored by Wamsutta

Indeed, 24 hours has passed and then some so no.6 officially belongs to Wamsutta! While this auctions been going on I've been able to get all the work on the box done, finished an inventory page and got all the missing pieces in (finally!) So the only thing left to do now is to finish the instructions which isn't particularly difficult after so much practice but is still taking an awfully long time! As soon as I get the rest of the stages finished I'll be able to ship these out though I'm reluctant to pick a date as that often leads to disappointment!!! 

In the meantime, I'm going to start collecting payments for the sets sold so far (no. 3-6) so I'll send private messages to the winning bidders now requesting a shipping address for each of you. Also, if there's anything else you're currently looking to buy (particularly collectible items which will fit in the ST box without affecting shipping costs) please let me know as I'd be more than happy to include additional items with each package I send.

I'll kick off the auction for no.7 later today after I've spent a while considering my options on cooldown times. I'm ok with the 24 hours cooldown but the last auction did take 4 days so I'm not sure whether to  stick with it or switch to a shorter 12 hour period. Another option would be to increase the minimum increment from £1 which should see people placing more reasonable increases and therefore pushing the end time back a little less... I know there are now more interested parties than remaining sets available so will try and figure out a fair but efficient ruleset before auction no.7 goes live. All those interested please check back in a few hours to get your bids in and once again, good luck!

Thanks to wamsutta and all the other members who placed bids on no.6!

Ok, I've thought about it and I'm going to leave the auction rules as they are for now. I am however increasing the minimum increase to £2 so hopefully no.7 will be sold in less than 4 days! I'd also suggest that higher increases will speed things up too, Wamsutta had the right idea at the beginning of no.6 and now he owns it so there you go :D I'll leave it open to the floor though. Going to start the bidding at £75 to help kickstart things as well so here it is.

Open to bidders then, someone start us off at £75!

Also as a somewhat related note, I thought I'd slap in a list of collectibles I'm currently looking for to see if anyone can help me with anything. Most of them are rarities so if you have them please PM me and DO NOT post here! Things like the protos I'm interested in to finish my Nuva collection but I only value the mat about half their worth so please don't bother if you're looking to sell them high :D

Top of the list right now are the final misprints, red Kaukau Nuva, copper Komau (Huna on it's way) and TOK. I also need plenty of Kanoka and LOADS of kraata so if you have any of these please let me know. If you're a winning bidder I'd be happy to accept any of these items as a partial trade (or a full trade for a Gold Kanoka :D) Taa! 

Masks%20footer3_zpstyemvj3a.png

Ok, I've thought about it and I'm going to leave the auction rules as they are for now. I am however increasing the minimum increase to £2 so hopefully no.7 will be sold in less than 4 days! I'd also suggest that higher increases will speed things up too, Wamsutta had the right idea at the beginning of no.6 and now he owns it so there you go :D I'll leave it open to the floor though. Going to start the bidding at £75 to help kickstart things as well so here it is.

Open to bidders then, someone start us off at £75!

Also as a somewhat related note, I thought I'd slap in a list of collectibles I'm currently looking for to see if anyone can help me with anything. Most of them are rarities so if you have them please PM me and DO NOT post here! Things like the protos I'm interested in to finish my Nuva collection but I only value the mat about half their worth so please don't bother if you're looking to sell them high :D

Top of the list right now are the final misprints, red Kaukau Nuva, copper Komau (Huna on it's way) and TOK. I also need plenty of Kanoka and LOADS of kraata so if you have any of these please let me know. If you're a winning bidder I'd be happy to accept any of these items as a partial trade (or a full trade for a Gold Kanoka :D) Taa! 

Masks%20footer3_zpstyemvj3a.png

EDIT: Oops. I shall PM you instead.

Edited by Toa Chronix

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Lol thanks TC! Have replied and messaged you on facebook as well if you're on for a chat to work something out! T