Persona: Sea of Djinn

25K Now!

IC:

"That is usually what happens when Americans go in foreign antique shops, isn't it?" Adam was about as far from objecting to Des' hold on his arm as he could be, instead giving her a faint grin while they walked. "I think maybe it's a tourist trap. They tell you that, and either you buy it because you're a stubborn American, or you tell people and they all wander into the shop."

IC:

"Yeah, but can you imagine owning something magical? Wicked cool."

She neglected to mention Morgana. Adam had been her friend long before they had started dating, but she had somehow never found the time to bring up the fact that a featureless apparition of Arthur's half-sister was her spirit animal.

They began searching out some little antiques shop that a classmate had mentioned to her one time. Apparently she'd found a cool clock there.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Yeah, it would be." Adam agreed, musing that while he wouldn't really call it ownership, he was aware of exactly what it'd be like. The big, tall, animate manifestation of a Greek Titan was about as magical as it got. Not that he was exactly going to bring that up in casual conversation. Girlfriend or no, 'actually I know about that, I summon Atlas by waving my hands and muttering' was a pretty good way to get tossed in an insane asylum. And probably get broken up with.

Not exactly an A+ plan.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

NPC: Security Tape

A figure appeared several metres behind the now-deceased officer in the tape. The very next frame, the figure was gone.

IC: 

Clara paused the tape as fast as she could, then she began to back the footage up frame by frame till the figure appeared and paused it once more. "What do we have here?" 

Edited by Lina Inverse

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Hey, Des. Is that what we're looking for?" Adam asked, tapping her shoulder briefly to get her attention and then pointing towards the antiques shop nestled next to the fishing store. "I didn't catch the name of the place. But that one's an antique place."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

-==IC: Sarah==-

Sarah blinked slightly, as she looked at the girl who had waved her over. "Kind of." She looked at the girl curiously, as she wondered what language was best to use here. In an amusing twist of fate, Sarah's Arabic knowledge wasn't quite that good; but depending on how the discussion went, it just might allow her to talk her way through it. She did wonder who this girl was, but she didn't seem too bad right from that moment...

[Channah, Streets]

No such luck.

“Train station...uh...this way,” she said, pointing toward a vaguely east direction.  

“Go three streets, then turn, uh…” Right? Left?  Which one was which?

“--Forget it,” she said, and started walking quickly in the right direction, gesturing at the girl to follow.  She ignored her cousin’s exasperated honk.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

• 2 weeks later...

NPC: Security Tape

The figure was very similar in appearance to the same man who had been reportedly seen utilising a Persona on the news.

IC: Clara

Well this was getting more interesting by the second. Now Clara had a potential suspect...there was just the matter of finding this man. She zoomed in on the man, perhaps a closer look would give her the details she would need to begin her search for him.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Ooh, I think it was! Hana mentioned it was something alliterative."

The couple walked into the shop, and Des' jaw visibly clenched to avoid dropping. Magic lamps, cool carpets, and other various artifacts were strewn about as casually as clothes across her own dormitory. Antique weapons seemed to be a dime a dozen.

"Wha...what's for sale?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC: Aleph's Antiques

"That depends on what you are looking for."

The lilting voice cut through the dusty old store, its source a pretty young man standing behind the counter, body leaning forward as his elbows rested against the old wooden surface. He wore a sleeveless black vest, a choice of outfit that seemed to accentuate his lean, yet muscular and athletic, build. His fingers, pale and long, were steepled together, almost as if he was in wait. He smiled at his two newest guests, eyes twinkling in bemusement at Des' enthusiasm.

"Welcome to Aleph's Antiques," he said. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

IC:

Probably something smarter than threatening customers! 

That said, he had a good point. She would so be killed in a horror movie right now. She even had a newly minted jock boyfriend. She could already see their heads mounted on this guy's shelf. Overlooking his sleeping...supple form...his tousled hair, his Cupid's bow mouth...

In the game, Des!

"My dad's a collector back in America. Antique weapons, trinkets. He has an anthropology fetish-thing," she said half-truthfully. "His birthday's coming up. Could use a gift, figured I could find something we'd both like!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

She tried hard to avoid Adam's gaze on the back of her neck. There was no use lying.

"Morgana."

-Tyler

Edited by Costa Vespula

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"The enchantress, huh?" said the prettyboy with a wistful smile. "That does explain your fixation on acquiring something ... mystical."

He leaned forwards once more, elbows thudding against the wooden counter.

"And what of your boyfriend? It seems ... Greek ... a Titan?"

IC:

"Atlas."

The one-word answer was polite enough, as was the almost friendly smile on his face, but Adam was very, very quickly growing distrustful of the man behind the counter. The thinly veiled threat in particular had made his muscles tense up just a little. Des' naming of her own Persona, because if the shopkeeper was homing in on Atlas there was nothing else this Morgana could be, drew his attention, though.

Apparently they'd been having something of a mutual secret.

"Not sure why you'd know that, though."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Familiar like you're familiar with a hair straightener, or familiar in the way that you are when you clean a corpse and melt its fingerprints off...?

Adam had totally been right about Americans in antique stores.

"I've just never met anyone else who knew about them."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

He chuckled, the smile on his face failing to leave. It was clear that he was bemused by the presence of the two Persona-users.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't dare actively attacking my customers," he replied. "It's bad for business, and I'm rather lacking in it already."

Aleph gestured around at his dusty little shop.

"Now, there are quite a number of Persona users in this city. A sizeable amount, in fact."

IC:

"What...makes us obvious?"

She ignored Adam. She still might want to buy something.

And she was curious about Personas. Nothing she'd ever found had any information on them, and if Morgana knew anything about what she was she clearly wasn't telling.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You sound a lot like an expert to me..." Des trailed off. "What about the guy? Did he know he was a Persona user? Or did you use your aura reading thingy on him too?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Okay, Taylor. Nothing that can turn you into a zombie, summon vampires and werewolves, and nothing that can ejaculate demons from the planet's mantle and send them spewing into the souls of the living.

Think.

Thiiiiiiink.

"We'll stick with weapons," she said, deciding that nobody in their right mind used a Conjuration weapon in real life. "I see a lotta normal-looking stuff out here. What do you have for real?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME