327a1fb6-0b7f-4928-bfaf-e5a7cbccce87_zps

Though Ekimu and Makuta were masters of the art of mask-making, they weren't the only mask-makers on Okoto.Long ago, Ekimu realized that he and his brother would not be around forever, so he decided to teach his craft to the people of Okoto. At the behest of Makuta, Ekimu only took in a few pupils, all under oath to only teach their knowledge to their families while the two Mask Makers still lived.

All of Ekimu's students went on to become decent mask-makers in their own right, but the absolute best among them was a Stone Tribe member clad in yellow and silver. Known as the Helmsmith, he crafted thousands of masks, from children's masks to ceremonial wedding masks to full-fledged Kanohi Masks of Power. While not quite up to the standards of Ekimu (then again, with the Mask of Creation in his possession, who is?), his masks are still of incredible quality.

Unfortunately for the people of Okoto, the Helmsmith decided to retire after the incident with the Mask of Ultimate Power. The rumor floating around is that seeing Makuta turn against Ekimu made him fearful that something similar will happen to him, so he chose to step down from mask-making rather than take the risk.

More pictures:

Top picture-Larger

front

side

back

size comparison

anvil

anvil side

anvil front

anvil back

examining golden mask

holding anvil

battling Skull Spiders

"Now, an elemental mask is good to have, but given your power set, a Mask of Stone is kind of redundant. However, if you had a Mask of Speed..."

• Upvote 4

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Not sure about the trans-green bones - I think he'd look better with either green bones in the legs, or none at all. Also, the head/eyes should probably be green to match that - but otherwise I quite like him. He does feel like a regular Protector wearing unique armor, rather than a Matoran (a lot of "Protector" MOCs I've seen just look like Matoran/Agori). Good work!

A note - Pohatu's Mask of Stone isn't redundant since in G2, their elemental powers are drawn from their masks.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Not sure about the trans-green bones - I think he'd look better with either green bones in the legs, or none at all. Also, the head/eyes should probably be green to match that - but otherwise I quite like him. He does feel like a regular Protector wearing unique armor, rather than a Matoran (a lot of "Protector" MOCs I've seen just look like Matoran/Agori). Good work!

A note - Pohatu's Mask of Stone isn't redundant since in G2, their elemental powers are drawn from their masks.

Thank you for the comment. Admittedly, I was running out of CCBS bones when I was making him, so I ended up using the trans green pieces for the arms (which I'll take out when I get some more sets to cannibalize)

Also, I know that the G2 Toa got their powers from their masks. I was going for a sort of mythology gag sort of thing.

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Thank you for the comment. Admittedly, I was running out of CCBS bones when I was making him, so I ended up using the trans green pieces for the arms (which I'll take out when I get some more sets to cannibalize)

Also, I know that the G2 Toa got their powers from their masks. I was going for a sort of mythology gag sort of thing.

Would you consider borrowing pieces from Gali or the Protector of Stone? Or do you prefer to keep your sets and MOCs assembled simultaneously?

I thought the masks boost our powers, and the golden masks boost them even more. Cause I can control stone without my mask. Maybe I still haven't become totally Gen 2...

Please take a break from the internet until you remember that nobody believes you to be a biomechanical earthbender.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Would you consider borrowing pieces from Gali or the Protector of Stone? Or do you prefer to keep your sets and MOCs assembled simultaneously?

I prefer to keep the sets assembled, and buy duplicates for spare parts. That being said, I could probably swap out some parts from the PoS.

My MOCs:

I thought the masks boost our powers, and the golden masks boost them even more. Cause I can control stone without my mask. Maybe I still haven't become totally Gen 2...

Please take a break from the internet until you remember that nobody believes you to be a biomechanical earthbender.

Wait, you mean Pohatu: Master of Stone ISN'T the real Pohatu, Master of Stone?!?! :bigeek:

Anyway, nice little MOC. The use of the brain attack visor as a welding-mask-thing is really nice. :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 1 month later...

Play nice. He can RP if he wants to.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

I prefer to keep the sets assembled, and buy duplicates for spare parts. That being said, I could probably swap out some parts from the PoS.

Dude I horde so many masks and parts from scrapping almost all my builds. I also hold onto a fair amount of Technic for more fleshed out builds. One good way of building a larger collection is build and rebuild and buy things on sale and scrap as much as possible. I might post about my collection of just lose parts I have so many bones its crazy. but to be fair I use to work for Lego so parts for me were so easy to get. 

Also good job on the build, and back story. I rather enjoyed the nature of your build.

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.