Skull Shooter

Nescent

action.jpg

(Click the photos for higher res)

I wanted to make a Zamor Launcher that could open/close to grapple spheres. Originally it was going to be gear-operated, but that turned out to be a big pain in the butt! The functionality is still there though, and other features include some of the 2015 parts, and a chest reminiscent of the Phantoka Makuta.

grabbing_sphere.jpg

face.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

• Upvote 6

IetTsFQ.png

This is great, a really nice design. I'm not a huge fan of the two forearm sections but I really like what you've done with the leech pod and the zamor spheres on his back. You'll get no complaints from this guy about lack of CCBS parts, I like a good technic build just as much :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

This is great, a really nice design. I'm not a huge fan of the two forearm sections but I really like what you've done with the leech pod and the zamor spheres on his back. You'll get no complaints from this guy about lack of CCBS parts, I like a good technic build just as much :D

As do I, but I don't particularly like the contrast of CCBS on the torso, arms, and head, with only Technic and G1 Bionicle parts on the legs.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I don't think I look at it the same way. To me it's a technic build at the core with just a few CCBS shells used for detail. If it was a CCBS core build with technic limbs, that may look a little odd. But unless I'm missing something I think there are only about a dozen CCBS detailing parts on the whole set so not having them on the legs isn't particularly noticeable IMO.

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I'd like to see a little more CCBS here, specifically in the legs, but that's probably just me.

I would have liked to include more CCBS, I just didn't have any CCBS parts (and didn't want to disassemble Kopaka). He's torn apart now though.

IetTsFQ.png

Forget about CCBS. This guy looks amazing as is! Love the '08 Makuta feel, and that zamor launcher is pretty cool. I feel like the legs could use some more bulking up--they look kind empty compared to the rest of the body.

The 2008 Makuta are some of my favorite Bionicle sets, glad I was able to capture their vibe a bit here. I wanted to beef up the thighs but couldn't come up with a good way to decorate them without using too much Technic, hence the measly lime green Bohrok eyes.

He kinda reminds me of a Hero Factory baddie color wise, but still he looks like an awesome villain for 2015

I guess the black/silver makes him look too mechanical for Bionicle? I hoped the chest/face would make him look more organic.

I like the way the spider legs act as a ribcage around the Tridax pod. Very eerie.

Thanks, I thought it was a cool way to revamp the 2008 Makuta rib cage.

IetTsFQ.png

He kinda reminds me of a Hero Factory baddie color wise, but still he looks like an awesome villain for 2015

I guess the black/silver makes him look too mechanical for Bionicle? I hoped the chest/face would make him look more organic.

The arms and maybe the legs definitely seem pretty mechanical. The grapple is really cool, but it also adds to that feel. The head and torso do seems little organic, but it's kind of lost when compared to how mechanical the arms look. I don't really have a problem with it though, since I always thought the Bionicle sets were more mechanical than organic.

Overall I like it and I think you did a pretty good job. Thanks for sharing.

signoff2.png