What do you want to see in the Lego Batman Movie?

Toa Smoke Monster

As you all probably know, there is going to be a Lego Batman movie released in 2017. This movie is based on the same Batman from The Lego Movie and its has his same voice actor, Will Arnett. According to reports, this movie will ask the question 'Can Batman be happy?' and 'have incredible action scenes.' 

My question to all of you about this movie is this: What do you want to see come out of it? Like, for example, what other characters would you like to see Batman work with? Robin? Superman? One or more other members of the Justice League? Possibly a villain, like the Joker? 

Another example would be whether or not you want to see callbacks from the previous Batman movies, comics, and/or TV shows. Or maybe even cameo appearances from characters from The Lego Movie. And what locations you would want to see, and how the story could balance its story with seriousness and humor.

Basically, what am asking is what you want to see in this Lego Batman Movie regarding its characters, locations, storyline, and anything else one could think of possibly being in this movie.

For me, I would like to see Lego Batman team up with a Lego Robin. I think a lot of humor would come out of that. :P I also wouldn't mind seeing characters from the Justice League and Lego Movie make cameo appearances or even be supporting characters. I would also say that the Joker could be the main villain, but I wouldn't mind having someone else fill that role to keep things fresh story-wise. And I would really like another Bionicle cameo in it as well. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think the most important thing the movie needs to include as far as content is concerned is Batman-related villains. It's worth noting that despite The Lego Movie's general preponderance of licensed characters, there was not a single licensed villain in the mix (probably for the understandable reason of keeping the conflict limited to the main conflict between the Master Builders and President Business). But Batman's hardly Batman without a rogues gallery, and as such I fully expect the Lego Batman movie to make use of more Lego supervillains. It'd be great to see the rest of the Justice League again, as well—particularly those already featured in The Lego Movie, such as Superman, Green Lantern, and perhaps most importantly Wonder Woman (who could definitely use more screentime than her blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in The Lego Movie). Especially great would be seeing more use of those characters' powers and building styles—does Lego Green Lantern have all the powers of his comics counterpart, or just a proclivity toward building with Trans. Green bricks?

In terms of storytelling, the Lego Movie ended with Batman in a pretty low place—while he did do the right thing in breaking up fairly amicably with Lucy, it was pretty clear that that decision was due to the beginnings of some self-awareness. Batman's still a pretty huge jerk, and if he's going to rejoin the cast of The Lego Movie 2, it would do him well to be a better person by the time that movie rolls around. I think teaming up with other members of the Justice League could definitely help him to learn how to better work with others and take a hard look at how his standoffish manner impacts the relationships in his life.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think the most important thing the movie needs to include as far as content is concerned is Batman-related villains. It's worth noting that despite The Lego Movie's general preponderance of licensed characters, there was not a single licensed villain in the mix (probably for the understandable reason of keeping the conflict limited to the main conflict between the Master Builders and President Business). But Batman's hardly Batman without a rogues gallery, and as such I fully expect the Lego Batman movie to make use of more Lego supervillains. It'd be great to see the rest of the Justice League again, as well—particularly those already featured in The Lego Movie, such as Superman, Green Lantern, and perhaps most importantly Wonder Woman (who could definitely use more screentime than her blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in The Lego Movie). Especially great would be seeing more use of those characters' powers and building styles—does Lego Green Lantern have all the powers of his comics counterpart, or just a proclivity toward building with Trans. Green bricks?

In terms of storytelling, the Lego Movie ended with Batman in a pretty low place—while he did do the right thing in breaking up fairly amicably with Lucy, it was pretty clear that that decision was due to the beginnings of some self-awareness. Batman's still a pretty huge jerk, and if he's going to rejoin the cast of The Lego Movie 2, it would do him well to be a better person by the time that movie rolls around. I think teaming up with other members of the Justice League could definitely help him to learn how to better work with others and take a hard look at how his standoffish manner impacts the relationships in his life.

I think that Batman's standoffish nature in the Lego Movie was to help create humorous dialogue. That's a good idea right there too. Making Batman have to work with other people to stop his enemies would be a great theme for the movie.

I think that Batman's standoffish nature in the Lego Movie was to help create humorous dialogue. That's a good idea right there too. Making Batman have to work with other people to stop his enemies would be a great theme for the movie.

Oh, I'm not disputing that Batman's attitude was an amazing choice for his character and for the movie as a whole. But part of what has to be done to make a movie series (or any ongoing series) sustainable is to show actual character growth for the protagonists, ESPECIALLY the lead character (as Batman will be in this movie). And I think Lego Batman could afford himself just a little bit more self-awareness while still remaining the lovable jerk he always was.

Again, The Lego Movie ended with Batman in a worse place than any of his co-stars (even the reformed President Business). He'd saved the world, but at what cost? He lost his girl to a guy he hated (or at least, thoroughly disliked), and despite his ego, being a bitter loner isn't all it's cracked up to be. It'll be interesting to see how the dark knight rises (hehe) up from those desperate circumstances to be a better hero than he ever was for Wyldstyle.

On another note—I love the theme of the movie we've heard about from Phil Lord and Chris Miller: Can Batman be happy? It's a question worth asking, in an era where DC and Warner Bros. think that audiences still only want gritty, angst-ridden, "realistic" superheroes in movies, or with high-profile marriages between DC comics characters being aborted because "Superheroes shouldn't have happy personal lives." If Lego is what it takes to get DC Comics out of its recent funk, I think it'll be a good thing for the comics market and the superhero genre in general.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

Forget Batman; I wanna see a Benny/Classic Space-focused spinoff.

LEGO BENNY: The Quest For More SPACESHIP!

Because, let's face it, Benny and Unikitty were the true highlights of the film.

Why aren't you working at WB? This movie should be green-lit right meow. 

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I want to see large "POW!!!" signs show up when Batman punches someone. :P

Forget Batman; I wanna see a Benny/Classic Space-focused spinoff.

LEGO BENNY: The Quest For More SPACESHIP!

Because, let's face it, Benny and Unikitty were the true highlights of the film.

YES. If The Lego Movie 2 is successful, they HAVE TO DO THIS. SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP!!! :br:  :br:  :br:

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.