New Bionicle Episode Released

The narrator is a huge nerd and I love his take on delivery.

It feels like someone's dad is telling this story and he really wants his kids' friends to like him because it's been really hard to connect since the divorce but he's really trying, man

I'm really surprised that narrator's getting so much flak. I don't know what it is for me personally, but his delivery just feels perfect and I wouldn't change it for the world.

• Upvote 5

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm really happy about Tahu being lost and confused. He has innate (or perhaps muscle memory) battle and lava surfing reflexes, but intellectually he has no idea what he's supposed to be doing, and it's a great way to give him some character development.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The big thing I like from this episode is that it is said that it took weeks for the Toa to travel to their destinations. This implies that Okoto is HUGE. In fact it would be way bigger than Mata Nui (the island of course).

I hope the Toa meet up soon, or at least some of the focus shifts away from just Tahu.

For how much dialog and focus the Protectors get, I hope that they get their own names soon.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Kinda actually losing interest at this point. It's been underwhelming so far. And I didn't run into this with the highest expectations ever. It's the sheer cheesiness of these animations that's doing it. The art style isn't the best but I don't really mind that at all. It's the voice acting, the rushed nature of the scenes, and the fact that they seem to have only ONE music track for this whole thing.

That said it's a pretty good track.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The big thing I like from this episode is that it is said that it took weeks for the Toa to travel to their destinations. This implies that Okoto is HUGE. In fact it would be way bigger than Mata Nui (the island of course).

I hope the Toa meet up soon, or at least some of the focus shifts away from just Tahu.

For how much dialog and focus the Protectors get, I hope that they get their own names soon.

Perhaps the reason it's been several weeks isn't purely due to the distance travelled but more to hardships encountered on the way? Maybe the Toa have had to stop to help protect villagers along the way, fight off skull spider attacks, sleep... Maybe there was even time spent training on the way, it doesn't show so far but it would definitely make sense!

Also, can we stop with the Masters of the Universe crack now? It's funny one time and that's it. What, because ONE show already did it noone else is allowed to use that line? It's a golden mask of POWER. Of COURSE he's going to be able to FEEL it as he approaches. Everyone hating on that line really needs to get out more and see what else the world has to offer because there's a lot more to it than He-man!!!

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Perhaps the reason it's been several weeks isn't purely due to the distance travelled but more to hardships encountered on the way? Maybe the Toa have had to stop to help protect villagers along the way, fight off skull spider attacks, sleep... Maybe there was even time spent training on the way, it doesn't show so far but it would definitely make sense!

Also, can we stop with the Masters of the Universe crack now? It's funny one time and that's it. What, because ONE show already did it noone else is allowed to use that line? It's a golden mask of POWER. Of COURSE he's going to be able to FEEL it as he approaches. Everyone hating on that line really needs to get out more and see what else the world has to offer because there's a lot more to it than He-man!!!

If they trained before or encountered problems, The narrator wouldnt say that Tahu doesnt know what to do in that kind of situation.

So at this point I think we've seen all the animation that was in stills at the NYCC Presentation. Is this it for episodes, at least until the summer wave when I presume we'll get more? Maybe what was shown at NYCC was stills from the first "batch" of episodes produced, and any subsequent episodes (whether they come sooner or later) were produced separately? We'll see I guess. I wish they would reveal a release schedule for these episodes though, and hopefully with frequent updates given their brevity.

EDIT: Oh great, I was wrong! Nice to get another episode. Hopefully it will focus on what the heck these masks actually do.

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

It feels like someone's dad is telling this story and he really wants his kids' friends to like him because it's been really hard to connect since the divorce but he's really trying, man

Your comment is funnier than the narrator's mediocre voice.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

I guess his voice just radiates pure nerd energy. XD

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What an assertively neutral comment.

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

What an assertively neutral comment.

What I meant was your comment's hilarious! :D

mindeth the cobwebs

Odd. the link on the actual lego/Bionicle page does not have the video. It still just has the "coming soon" and the picture.

Lego.com/Bionicle/story ep4

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

If they trained before or encountered problems, The narrator wouldnt say that Tahu doesnt know what to do in that kind of situation.

Not true. You can't train someone to be brave or courageous if they've never had reason to be afraid. You can't teach leadership or teamwork to someone who's never worked with a team. Tahu hasn't had any of these experiences yet, remember how he slapped the first skull spider off when he landed? They're a joke to him (and presumably all the Toa) It's quite possible that they encountered small nests/hives of skull spiders that he was able to defeat easily without breaking a sweat. Not until he reaches the gold mask does he encounter a veritable horde of the little beasties. No amount of training can prepare you for that kind of situation if you've never experienced it before and I would hazard a guess that the PoF had never seen that many spiders before either (or he would be dead) so how could he possibly help Tahu learn how to handle that situation? I think running was probably the right decision, though it probably didn't seem that way to the PoF! Tahu figured that he couldn't defeat that many SS (perhaps based on experience he gained from a previous encounter with them) and so his only chance was to claim the golden mask. Which he did. Now he will return to fight them off with his elemental powers and save the PoF. It was an all of nothing gambit for Tahu. He knew if he stayed and fought he would lose so he pinned everything on the hope that the golden mask would somehow enable him to defeat the SS.

So at this point I think we've seen all the animation that was in stills at the NYCC Presentation. Is this it for episodes, at least until the summer wave when I presume we'll get more? Maybe what was shown at NYCC was stills from the first "batch" of episodes produced, and any subsequent episodes (whether they come sooner or later) were produced separately? We'll see I guess. I wish they would reveal a release schedule for these episodes though, and hopefully with frequent updates given their brevity.

No, we'll get frequent updates throughout the year now if TLG knows what's good for them. If they stop producing media now the hype train will derail (it's already slowed significantly) We need to see story development while we wait for the new sets or why would we want to buy them? The Toa are different, all the old fans were pretty much guaranteed to buy them for that nostalgic vibe and the new kids on the scene were easy too as long as the sets looked cool. Now while the latter may still be true, Lego can create a lot more new fans, not to mention more effectively hold onto existing ones, by engaging us all with an interesting and developing story.

Personally, if all we see for the next 5 months is tiny cartoons of golden masks and skull spiders I may reconsider my devotion to the new line...

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Yeah, I guess I can scrap any hopes of individual stories of each Toa and their respective protectors. Tahu will be the main focus. Again.

I wouldn't say that just yet - but yeah, it looks like a lot of the focus is on Tahu. I hope they do have a few more episodes depicting the other Toa gaining their Masks. But again, this is just the beginning! The Toa will have to meet eventually - if they chose that moment to truly introduce the other five, that would flow pretty well in a narrative sense.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Odd. the link on the actual lego/Bionicle page does not have the video. It still just has the "coming soon" and the picture.

Lego.com/Bionicle/story ep4

Never mind, they finally updated the page to have the video instead. Now we have a pic of Episode 5: The Power of the Golden Masks to look forward to.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So, uh... What do Skull Spiders actually do? Apart from get beaten up by Tahu and the protectors, I mean?

We don't actually know why the villagers are afraid of them other than that they're, well, spiders. Do they eat villagers? Mind-control them like the Krana? Crash all their parties and dance really badly?

I know they want the story to be succinct, but I feel like we're missing out on some vital information here. 

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

So, uh... What do Skull Spiders actually do? Apart from get beaten up by Tahu and the protectors, I mean?

We don't actually know why the villagers are afraid of them other than that they're, well, spiders. Do they eat villagers? Mind-control them like the Krana? Crash all their parties and dance really badly?

I know they want the story to be succinct, but I feel like we're missing out on some vital information here.

It's said (although somewhat hidden) on BIONICLE.com that the Skull Spiders can control the mind of the person whose face they attach on. Hopefully we'll see that in at least one episode.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It's said (although somewhat hidden) on BIONICLE.com that the Skull Spiders can control the mind of the person whose face they attach on. Hopefully we'll see that in at least one episode.

Enter Lewa and Onua having to save his butt again... Wait... we are only getting Tahu in the spotlight right now... hehe, yeah let him get possessed instead. lol.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Never mind, they finally updated the page to have the video instead. Now we have a pic of Episode 5: The Power of the Golden Masks to look forward to.

I feel like updating on Friday's will be a regular thing from now on (which is weird since the original BIONICLE site never updated on Friday's)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Wow, can anyone say Deja-Vu? I mean I was just saying that about the Episode on the official Bionicle page. Then the Next day it was posted. lol.

Onua.png

I found this episode to be my least favorite of the ones released. It was corny and too many issues (many of which have already been covered).

• Why just Tahu? He's not even the coolest set
  • Why does the protector ride on Tahu's back as he climbs up the shrine? Those rocks looked like they were just fine for his size
  • Seriously protector-dude! you got mad skills with that blaster. Forget summoning an ancient legend and just invent clips or belt for your blaster...
  • I CAN FEEL THE... not doing it for me.
  • I wish we had other voice actors, honestly. The guy is an amazing narrator, but all the character voices sound the same and it takes away from the uniqueness of all of their personalities Lego worked so hard to establish

That is all. Good night. or day. or whatever time it may be there.

move along.

nothing to see here.

Fishers64 has created a subtitled version for this episode as well. I've unfortunately not gotten word back from LEGO yet about their accessibility policy and will be contacting them again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqM-YtiK10c

Can't say this one was my favourite, but good watch nonetheless.

• Upvote 4

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

Mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, the story is still good--I particularly like how our soon-to-be hero is actually frightened of the massive horde of oversized spiders; it highlights how he's still learning the ropes. On the other hand, the voice acting just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm hardly an experienced actor, and even I could tell his delivery on Tahu's last line (which I feel no need to repeat at this point) was all wrong.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png