Theorizing the Nature of Energized Protodemis

Man I've been a busy little Gafna here lately havn't I?  :P

Anyway I've always been kinda bugged by Energized Protodermis. It cannonicly is the fist type of Protodermis ever seen (I'm not meaning inuuniverse. I mean from perspective.) and it was helpful in creating the Toa Nuva. Latter on we find out it has been the very reason for the Matoran Universe to even exist. But not only that it is also a psychotic malevolent entity that fine all things as meer insects to it.

What in Mata Nui's name was at the core of Sphereus Magna?! We get a lump of Iron (which quite frankly is a blessing) and the Agori, Glatorian, and the Great Beings get mutagenic mercury with delusions of grandeur.

It would seem that some one created something worse than mistake a GB may ever made and dumped it on SM while it was formin (The first time :D ) oddly as a fan of the Metroid series too I've noticed it's much like Phazon. Thoug not radioactive and it seems to be a metal too.

Just what is this goop? Any thoughts?

Also I apologize for any spelling mistakes and the like. Late night posting isn't always a smart thing  :D

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

It has been theorized that EP makes up the core of many of the planets in that universe, hence Mata Nui's mission involving studying them. I personally like the idea that the planets in the Solis Magna system may actually be something like protective shells for the living liquid beings inside.

But, of course, it's just a theory. And it doesn't answer the question of what exactly it is or how it got there. All we ever knew about it was that it came from within the planet, and releasing it to the surface caused the planet to become unstable over time. Beyond that, we haven't really got anything. :shrugs:

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Energized protodermis is Bionicle's equivalent of nuclear waste/kryptonite/radioactive spider/warp/mega stones/mushrooms. It powers up the heroes in an unexplainable way.

It has been theorized that EP makes up the core of many of the planets in that universe, hence Mata Nui's mission involving studying them. I personally like the idea that the planets in the Solis Magna system may actually be something like protective shells for the living liquid beings inside.

But, of course, it's just a theory. And it doesn't answer the question of what exactly it is or how it got there. All we ever knew about it was that it came from within the planet, and releasing it to the surface caused the planet to become unstable over time. Beyond that, we haven't really got anything. :shrugs:

And the GBs guessed this was true so they made Mata Nui to do experiments on EP and track planets that could be living?
  • Upvote 1

Energized protodermis is Bionicle's equivalent of nuclear waste/kryptonite/radioactive spider/warp/mega stones/mushrooms. It powers up the heroes in an unexplainable way.

And the GBs guessed this was true so they made Mata Nui to do experiments on EP and track planets that could be living?

Not quite. They knew their planet was in danger, so they built him to survey other planets and try to understand their basic structures and general make-up in order to be able to properly restore Spherus Magna in a way that would last. If the planet was a shell, then they had him find a way to put their galactic Humpty Dumpty back together again.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Or the planets could be more like a shell or egg for the EP Entities within. The planet itself isn't any more alive than an eggshell. Perhaps the Shattering was Spherus Magna 'hatching' prematurely, creating a mad EP entity that had little control over or little will to control its powers. In a few millenia, the GSR will break open and release a silver-skinned being made of EP that'll break the planet open, suck out the rest of the EP and fly off into space, leaving any living beings behind to die on a broken planet.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Or the planets could be more like a shell or egg for the EP Entities within. The planet itself isn't any more alive than an eggshell. Perhaps the Shattering was Spherus Magna 'hatching' prematurely, creating a mad EP entity that had little control over or little will to control its powers. In a few millenia, the GSR will break open and release a silver-skinned being made of EP that'll break the planet open, suck out the rest of the EP and fly off into space, leaving any living beings behind to die on a broken planet.

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. Though I'm entertaining the idea of something else that created the "Core Entities" and sent them out into space covered in a planetary shell. What the intention may have been for that, I don't know. It's an idea that could make for a good fanfic, though. :P

On your idea, Regit, I had thought of that, but Doctor Who recently did something like that (the premise of the episode being that our moon is an egg for some giant space dragon/butterfly/thing), so I avoided using the same concept for mine. :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It's basically a lifeform that is extremely alien to humans, much more than the humanoid aliens that Agori/Glatorian are, or even the animal-shaped ones.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. Though I'm entertaining the idea of something else that created the "Core Entities" and sent them out into space covered in a planetary shell. What the intention may have been for that, I don't know. It's an idea that could make for a good fanfic, though. :P

On your idea, Regit, I had thought of that, but Doctor Who recently did something like that (the premise of the episode being that our moon is an egg for some giant space dragon/butterfly/thing), so I avoided using the same concept for mine. :P

That's where I heard the idea from... I think... I seem to come up with good fanfic ideas around here.

@bonesiii: That's pretty much what I was thinking; something that forms a cocoon around itself that just happens to be inhabitable as a planet.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That's where I heard the idea from... I think... I seem to come up with good fanfic ideas around here.

@bonesiii: That's pretty much what I was thinking; something that forms a cocoon around itself that just happens to be inhabitable as a planet.

No no no no no. :P No creature needs a egg that big. But if it were true then what your saying is that EPB is like the Smokey Prog from Pikmin. Helpful if fully matured but a genocidal monster if its not developed.

It's basically a lifeform that is extremely alien to humans, much more than the humanoid aliens that Agori/Glatorian are, or even the animal-shaped ones.

But this life seems alien to the Agori as well. Like nothing that they could think of and judging by some of the Agori weapons and lifespansthey are a bit more imaginative than humans.

Highly possible for it to be in other places in the Galactic Universe. It fit as core material. But I still think something had a hand in it's creation. The shell thing though that makes sense seeing as in a frozen state Energized Protodermis is more like the Protodermis in the MU.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

EP inside the planets of the Bionicle Universe and them be 'alive' really reminds of a race of Marvel entities know as the 'Celestials' and Vibranium from Earth-X: http://www.comicvine.com/earth-x/4045-44571/

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I always thought Spherus Magna formed around a large enough clump of EP in space, the same way real-life planets are formed.

I do wonder how much of it made up the planet. It seemed like they were just drilling until they ran across the stuff but that raises the question on how far were they drilling? If it functions the same as Earths core, then they would need to get through a huge layer of molten rock. If EP makes up everything beneath the crust then wouldn't volcanoes be spewing out molten, sentient metal? There's a terrifying thought for you.

As for how much EP is out there in the universe? Impossible to say. I personally see EP being rare; Spherus Magna just has the largest amount of it. Not much to base this theory on other than EP is a living, albeit alien, being and would make sense for a large portion of it be in one space. And maybe I just want Spherus Magna to be special. :P

Also, while people say Mata Nui could have been exploring other planets to search for protodermis, there are many other reasons why the Great Beings could of  had him do so. The Great Beings could be searching for habitual worlds, alien life (hence his cloaking mechanism), or just simply out of curiosity.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I always thought Spherus Magna formed around a large enough clump of EP in space, the same way real-life planets are formed.

I do wonder how much of it made up the planet. It seemed like they were just drilling until they ran across the stuff but that raises the question on how far were they drilling? If it functions the same as Earths core, then they would need to get through a huge layer of molten rock. If EP makes up everything beneath the crust then wouldn't volcanoes be spewing out molten, sentient metal? There's a terrifying thought for you.

It was actually discovered bubbling up out of a spring. After that, they began digging for it.

And he wasn't suppose to find a relocation area. Mata Nui's mission was to do intensive study on the structure of other planets in order to be able to put Spherus Magna back together. The EP inside the other planets would have been a way to identify the planet as one with a structure similar to SM, making them a priority.

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It was actually discovered bubbling up out of a spring. After that, they began digging for it.

And he wasn't suppose to find a relocation area. Mata Nui's mission was to do intensive study on the structure of other planets in order to be able to put Spherus Magna back together. The EP inside the other planets would have been a way to identify the planet as one with a structure similar to SM, making them a priority.

Come listen to my story of a Agori named Alo. Poor fire tribesman barley kept his family fed then one day he was shooting at some food and up through the ground came a bubbling gleam.

:D  Sorry it just came to me. EP is more like oil with a mind if we look at the spring and that tapping into it was like a oil rig. Could the EP be a substance created from ancient animals like here on earth? Oil is our fossil fuel but on earth our bones were rock like (yes I know oil is rotted millions of years old plants.) but life on SM has metallic bone structure. 

Could EP be a natural formation made from the SM equivalent of Dinosaurs? Not sure how it could gain a mind. Maybe it's a atlantis situation. Genetic memory gone rouge and reborn. 

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Hmm... Maybe the EP entity isn't protodermis itself, just a being that lives in it. Maybe there's a whole world of beings that converted themselves into a higher state of matter, hollowed out a planet for themselves, and then got really angry when they got siphoned up to the surface and subsequently killed by natives, destroying the planet in an attempt to save their inner world.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Yeah, Energized Protodermis was one of G1 BIONICLE's greatest mysteries and I wish they delved more upon that. It's safe to suggest EP predates the existence of the Great Beings even. When you think about it, EP is the core (get it) of BIONICLE and the driving force behind a lot of story developments.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

Hmm... Maybe the EP entity isn't protodermis itself, just a being that lives in it. Maybe there's a whole world of beings that converted themselves into a higher state of matter, hollowed out a planet for themselves, and then got really angry when they got siphoned up to the surface and subsequently killed by natives, destroying the planet in an attempt to save their inner world.

No thats a scary thought. Reminds me of on Egyptian myth I heard. It got real creepy when in the myth the soul returns to the mummy for a time. You then remember that at one point in the 20th century that con artist sold mummies as fire wood.

Yeah, Energized Protodermis was one of G1 BIONICLE's greatest mysteries and I wish they delved more upon that. It's safe to suggest EP predates the existence of the Great Beings even. When you think about it, EP is the core (get it) of BIONICLE and the driving force behind a lot of story developments.

-NotS

:headbonk:  my head hurts so much from that pun.  :P

Indeed it was a big missed opportunity for stories. Honestly in my head cannon I had till like 2005 I thought The Island of Mata Nui was made out of Nonprotodermic matter. The last chronicle game didn't help with you finding protodermis goop in the mines. I still lean towards my old theory fo the island.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Maybe the EP entity isn't protodermis itself, just a being that lives in it.

That's basically right. It's an energy consciousness that can travel from any pool to any other. The EP seems to be roughly comparable to a computer and the Entity to a piece of software, so it need not take up all the space in the computer, and could move from one computer to another. This makes sense with the name too; all of the protodermis has the potential to be alive, but until the entity moves into that space, it's "before-alive". It's sort of "hardware soup." :P

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Maybe the EP entity isn't protodermis itself, just a being that lives in it.

That's basically right. It's an energy consciousness that can travel from any pool to any other. The EP seems to be roughly comparable to a computer and the Entity to a piece of software, so it need not take up all the space in the computer, and could move from one computer to another. This makes sense with the name too; all of the protodermis has the potential to be alive, but until the entity moves into that space, it's "before-alive". It's sort of "hardware soup." :P

Mama Mia thats alot of computer like notation. You'd think EP came from Cybertron. :D

But yeah that make sense. Though I think the EPB maybe a group of beings who have a hive mind. All are one, One is all kind of thing. 

Question the EP that has been crystallized in space do you think its much more like the Protodermis the GB made after examining EP?

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!