Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC (As Hisuti): "Cease fire immediately, we are unarmed!" The Ga-Matoran screamed over the radio as she backed away, attempting to avoid the fire.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Ic: Grēgorios

The blasts hit by his feet and he stumbled backwards trying to gain his center of gravity again. Standing back up, he loaded a shot to the greypowder and aimed in front of him and to the sides. As Elerc's shot passed overhead and blasted into the ground, he said cooly

"Now, why don't we all come out, nice and quietly, and tell us why we were trying to kill us."

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT (Rescue Party)

GM OOC: Treize Rescue Party, say hello to the Treize Expeditionary Force!
Kain is attacking GrègoriosRadicchio is attacking DosekiDix is attacking Hisuti, and Amaranth is taking pot shots at the ground beneath the legs of Elerc's Fikou from his position in the jungle, although they are partially silenced due to his suit's Volitak. None of them are actually intended to hit any of you, though, so you don't have to worry about your characters taking damage in your next post.

IC: Doseki ducked his head when he heard weapons fire, "Hey! I thought I said don't fire!!" Doseki rushed over to his RAT and hopped into the river seat and turned it on. With a Roar of its engine Doseki activated the HUD on his dash and the Elemental Cannon hummed to life. Hitting the switch to his radio he called over the airwaves to the team. "I think we can rule out that this tree is the culprit. It is clear we are not as alone as we thought."  Taking aim at the tree line Doseki dropped the RAT's anchors and opened fire.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

GM IC:

The Turaga wasn't quite such an easy kill, expecting a good old fashioned bullet, he had erected a wall of ice. The insulating material took some of the umph out of the elemental blast, but didn't prevent him from being deafened. Quickly sliding away on quickly created rime like an expert ice skater, his mask glowed as the serpentine beast in the tube lashed out with a dead but meaty arm, smashing the glass and falling gracelessly to the floor between Oblitus and Matoro. Clearly, between it's decaying eyes and the old man's noble Kanohi, it wasn't possessed of quick reflexes or vision, but that strength...

"I will give you one last warning, knave! BEGONE!" A shrill shout came from somewhere in the darkness beyond the lumbering beast.

Ikira would find the mirrors to reflect subtly different pictures. In the east, she and her party were all reflected bereft of equipment and the barred door stood open. In the south, where they had entered, the open door was reflected barred and many statues were not reflected, neither were any of them. In the north, the door's reflection bore an ornate keyhole and neither the statues nor Jattiko crew were reflected. The western mirror reflected the room normally.

...except for the slavering and oversized Muaka in the reflection behind her.

Cor Saeva would find more and more signs of civilization as she made her way deeper into the earth. Though no sign of whatever had made the noise that drew her here. Instead, she began to hear a huge multitude of noises, like an underground market were around the next bend of the stone.

"Sir Lufon, Sir! Your presence is requested in the engineer's garage AQAP!" An out of breath voice blared to life over Lufon's personal comms unit, one of the several dozen recovered from the underground bunker.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension B3.

As soon as the creature began to emerge I ducked for cover, throwing myself behind one of the intact consoles. "And leave you trapped down here, all alone?" I sneered, using my power over sonics to make it seem like my voice was coming from somewhere off to the Turaga's left. "If that's what you really want..." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Canyon Tunnel. 

Rifle raised and ready, I advanced cautiously around the bend towards the source of the noise...

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt Engineer's Garage.

"What did you morons do?" I snarled, grabbing my weapons and stomping out of the office towards the staircase. "I swear, if you've damaged that mech I'm going to damage you." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: 

The bullets stung, but it was the fireballs that made the creature rear back, eyes filled with terror. It roared in pain and rage, then backpedaled swiftly, retreating behind one of the rock formations. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: IKIRA

Ikira readied her shotgun, turning so that the mirror was to her right and the oversized Muaka (that she could still see reflected in the mirror, but did not seem to actually be there) was on her left. 

Several possibilities flashed through her mind. 

The first was that the reflection was entirely false, and as such, there was no threat at all. This possibility was immediately discarded, as none of the doors appeared to be open in reality except the one that they had entered through.

The second was that the reflection was not a threat yet, but would become so if certain conditions were met. She filed this one away.

The third was that both the reflections and what she deemed as 'reality' itself were all both true and false in the context of this room. Arkie had already proven that closed doors remained closed despite being open in the mirror - but it was possible that the Muaka might be real.

Deciding to test this theory before she would possibly be eaten, she fired her shotgun directly at the space where the Muaka would be if the mirror was true.

She did not expect any reaction (aside from the shot hitting the door), but it was better to eliminate the possibility entirely before moving on - because the fourth possibility was that the mirrors themselves were alternate versions of reality, and they would have to enter at least one - if not more - in order to proceed.

Although if she were completely honest, that seemed rather unlikely.

• Upvote 1

GM IC:

What happened down under the clock tower was a little confusing. In their (true?) world, Ikira's shotgun blast slammed into empty air and unfeeling stone. Blowing the arm off of one of the statues. However, if she had turned fast enough or another member of the party were paying attention, they would note that the statue remained unharmed in the (false?) reflection. So, when several of the shotgun's many pellets ricocheted off a statue and impacted the mirror, shattering it, the statue in their world was immediately made whole once more. As the statue reformed to represent it's reflected form, so to did the space the Muaka had not occupied. A space now occupied by the very large, startled and irritated looking beast.

"U-uh, we didn't exactly damage it Sir, it's really gonna sound crazy, but we took off it's armor and... Well you'd best come see for yourself, it seems to have become docile again..."

"I'll be leaving alright, over your dead body!" The Ko-Elemental roared and swung his arm clumsily, prompting his necromantic puppet to swing it's sapling sized arm, scattering a remote row of consoles like crumbled paper. All the while Matoro scanned the darkness around him. He was savvy enough to realize that the De-Matoran could easily manipulate sounds, but that didn't exactly rule the possibility of Oblitus actually moving to his side out. Savvyness only got you so far in battle...

Cor Saeva would find, quite literally, an underground market spread out before her. She stood on a high overlook to the whole scene. A good twenty meters above and perhaps fifty or more away from the activity. Below, bioluminescence from innumerable plants cast light over the proceedings. It was like a busy city square, but underground and populated by creatures that, while seemingly civilized in behavior, looked like twisted caricatures of Onu-Matoran. Pale, bestial and all wiry muscle and cruel hooked limbs. It did not seem any had noticed her, but they clearly outnumbered her. There could be hundreds in this chamber, and to how many more did it connect?

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt Engineering Garage. 

"What did you do?" I all but snarled as I finally reached the garage. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Canyon Cave.

"What the karz..." I breathed, tightening my grip on my rifle. There was no way I'd be able to fight my way out if these.... things... turned out to be hostile. I started to shuffle back towards the tunnel; I didn't intend to wait around to get caught. 

Maybe provoking the old man hadn't been my best idea...

I started moving backwards, keeping behind cover and using my powers to mask the sound of my movements. All I had to do was get back to the elevator, and I could leave the madman behind... 

GM IC: 

The handful of injured Matoran seemed relieved to find that rescuers had come for them, but their joyful cries were drowned out by the detonation of the grenade - the explosion deafening in the cavern. 

But even louder was the angered, agonised roar of the creature, which charged out of the smoke, one forelimb ending in a ragged stump, its body pockmarked with bullet holes. It refused to let the first decent food it had seen in decades run away...

IC Kat:

Gotcha.

My face set in grim determination, and heat flowing readily from my body,  I unleashed a spear of white hot fire at the creature's face, hoping to debilitate as well as drive it back once more. This thing was tough, I had to give it that. Two grenades, a hail of bullets and a fireball, and it was still trying to get to us.

Not on my watch.

GM IC: Seize Military - Seize (City Gates)

There was a long pause before a response was given, most likely due to either the pilot temporarily switching channels in order to stay in contact with the rest of her team or fiddling around with something rather trivial in her Exo-Suit. When she eventually did get around to resuming radio contact, however, her tone seemed slightly more inquisitive, almost as if she had picked up on the Vortixx's earlier hesitation.

"And you're the only person occupying the vehicle, sir?"

GM IC: Treize Expeditionary Force (Following Logan's Trail)

Amaranth remained perfectly still beneath the branches that helped obscure him from view as the magnetic bursts blindly tore their way into the jungle, one of them even impacting the ground just ten or fifteen meters short of his position, sending a bunch of dirt into the air as trees ripped themselves in half in an effort to make contact with the rocks accompanying it. The fire from his target's companion, however, hit a little bit closer to home, causing the Le-Matoran to utter a string of silent silent curses as some of the stray stone projectiles dented and even punctured their way through the armor of his Exo-Suit's leg.

Seeing as how his mech's systems weren't reporting any rather significant injuries back to him in the cockpit, he quickly decided to stay focused on his initial target; the Matoran of Magnetism. Diverting his attention towards the visuals provided by the optic scope of his suit's rifle, he quickly took aim at the top of a pile of wrecked vehicles resting casually nearby his target before firing once again, attempting to dislodge a mech arm from its position in the heap so that it would swing itself directly towards the barrel of his Fikou's elemental weapon.

"Sure you are," Dix's voice drawled sarcastically through the speakers of his radio as he kept his rivet gun trained on Hisuti and prepared to shoot off a few more rounds. "And I bet those elemental cannons and turrets your friends are sporting fire rainbows and sunshine!"

"I've got a counter-proposal," Kain shouted through The Dreadnought's exterior speakers before blindly firing off a few more rounds. "How about you lay down your weapons, surrender peacefully, and tell us what you've done with the Vortixx before we put a few holes into you and your pals?!"

Moving around the mercenary and quickly stopping once he was safely behind his own pile of scrap, Radicchio waited for his launcher to reload itself before firing off another projectile in the general direction of his previous target's vehicle in the hopes of distracting him from firing at his comrade, completely unaware that his previous disk had sliced itself into the thick bark of the nearby tree.

Yes...

Keep tearing each other to pieces...

I hunger for your remains...

GM OOC: Same targets as before. Written under the impression that Doseki had heard Elerc's shots and was also firing at Amaranth since Radicchio and Kain took cover behind some destroyed vehicles and not in the trees. Will edit if necessary.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC: 

The beats shrieked - a high-pitched, shrill sound, full of pain and fury. But above it all could be heard a sickening sizzling sound as the creature crashed to the ground, smoke rising from the scorched insides of its slack-jawed open mouth.

The fireball had gone straight down its throat. 

IC (As Hisuti): "Wait, WHAT VORTIXX!" The matoran of water screamed before stomping over to Kain. "What makes you think us Matoran have a Vortixx! We're looking for our missing leader and a Vortixx is none of our concern! Said Hisuti. *I wish I could headbutt him with this mech! Too bad it would just collapse and shatter my cockpit!*

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

GM IC:

The garage was like a battlefield, smoke and debris littered the floor. At the end, the Dragon stood deceptively still, the figure overwhelming and hazey through the smoke and half wrecked lighting. At the door, a frantic Ta-Matoran greeted Lufon with a hasty salute.

"Sir Lufon, Sir! Please exercise the utmost caution, the Dragon has just now ceased operation! We were in the process of disassembly when-"

From the smoke, a much taller figure became visible, he cut off the matoran with a terse, "Private, let me speak with Lufon. Go help the others with evac." The owner of the voice was a Po-Skakdi of deceptively moderate height and build, height and build that came into clarity as he emerged from the smoke, for once he wasn't wearing his ever present smirk. It was at this time that Lufon would take note of the iridescent and vaguely geometric waves in the smoky air around the old world armor, crisscrossing fields of force shaping themselves into a prison. So far as the military knew, the head weapons engineer of Vingt's unexplainable prisons had never been broken.

Coming to a stop a comfortable meter from the Vortixx, the Skakdi's identity was confirmed by the Ta-Matoran lackey.

"Yes Avak, Sir!"

Waving away the Ta-Matoran with a dismissive hand, he turned his attention to Lufon.

"Quite the relic you've found here, Lufon. I wonder, did you realize exactly what it was?"

Cor Saeva was not found out by the Hadals on that day, they were busy. Far too busy to be worried about a single trifling intruder. Far deeper in the mountain, they were hard at work. Their patron had led them out of the ruins of old Ertrunken to this new land. Or rather, to the new land's doorstep. Spurred on by the blending of old world technology and even older world power, they were fast constructing an army.

The splintered and feuding surface dwellers could consider their days numbered.

The beast grew still, the Turaga strained his ears for sound of the other's movement... Perhaps he'd killed him in the last couple swings?

...but close to it

GM IC:

Akuavo and Ketae had a harrowing journey, but in due time the sea was visible. It was an awe inspiring sight for the easterners, how long had it been since living beings combed the western sands? A mostly intact highway had been their guide, taking them through twisting ruins and crumbling cityscape. They had been careful to stay far away from the green glass plains and great melted buildings of Ertrunken and southern Motara, wary of the old tales of ghosts and worse that haunted there. Such tales were more than a little disconcerting when you were alone in such an environment...

The exact location of the treasure Equalizer seemed to be a cove, accessing it from the city had proven impossible, so they had backtracked and made their way north along the beach. To their right, the long empty buildings stood sentry over the waves. It was approaching night when the land begin to curve ahead, around a tall hill, the mouth of the cove on the map...

...but close to it

OOC: I've been given control of Ketae and Gamma by Dane.

IC: Akuavo and Ketae (Approaching Equalizer)

"Finally..." I murmur, the radio link to Ketae open as usual.

"Finally?" he says in his usual Courier New-shaped voice. "For once you're talking like a normal person."

I smile faintly at this remark; my particular archaic style of speech is more of an intentional quirk than anything else; after all, strange accents and whatever are meant to be more attractive, right? "Of course not, good sir!" I reply, my usual icy demeanour lifted by both the warmer weather and the joy of nearly reaching our goal. "Wherefore wouldst thou ever think that?"

"'Wherefore'? What do you mean, where would I ever think that?"

I chuckle. "It means why, o genius!"

"I... I'm not even going to answer you that. Just... nope. Not. Answering."

I dismiss the conversation, leaving the radio on in the slowly increasing silence as our exos begin climbing the hill in order to access the cove.

VBWj75sh.png

"Quite the relic you've found here, Lufon. I wonder, did you realize exactly what it was?"

"For someone who's reputed to be smart, that was an astoundingly stupid question," I growled, sizing up the skakdi "if I'd known what it was, why would I have needed it brought down here for your engineers to take it apart?" 

Cor Saeva was not found out by the Hadals on that day, they were busy. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Canyon. 

Returning to the surface, I clambered back into the Ash Hound, securely closing the hatch behind me. Someone needed to know what it was that we'd found out here. I made note of the coordinates, then settled back in my seat to try to get back to sleep.

Come morning, we'd continue on our way to Neuf, and I'd report my findings. 

The beast grew still, the Turaga strained his ears for sound of the other's movement... Perhaps he'd killed him in the last couple swings?

I continued moving backwards, slowly and silently, hands clutching my firearm. The elevator was close... Just a little further... 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

GM IC:

"Well, it isn't every day we get a piece of Armor like this through our shop." He began to swagger towards the bestial machine, beckoning for the Vortixx to follow. One of the shafts of light filtering into the room through the giant bullet holes made the large pool slick crimson fluid under and around Dragon evident.

In fact, it was still flowing.

A large section of armor was laying several meters away, the first section of disassembly. Where it had been removed, pale flesh was revealed. Slick with blood and shredded by firearms, it was scaly and muscular, like thick corded ropes were draped in flesh.

"Yes, that is what it looks like. Your Armor seems to be alive... makes me wonder what cavity you pilot it from."

The hills leveled out, giving them a picturesque view of the cove. The basin had a small island in the middle, thick with concealing vegetation. Separated from the rim of sand and rock by deep blue waters. On the side of the cove opposite them was a building, half hidden by trees and the distance. It looked like a mansion of some sort...

...but close to it

"Are you kidding me?" I stared up at the mech - the creature - with wide eyes. "How the karz is it even alive?" 

IC: Zekev

Nurggh.

Zekev lead from the front

No.

**** off. I'm not doing anything today.

That's an order.

Don't.

I'm sitting here.

Zekev, stop your little tantrum already.

I don't care.

Not this again.

Fine, take the rear. See if I care.

Move out!

Don't turn a left don't turn a left.

Where are we?

Hush, the radio.

Can't here your transmission, please repeat.

We're cutting left. There's a path leading to the city.

No it's a trap it's a trap it'satrap

Roger.

I can't get out. Warn them.

What do you think, Zekev? The path looks dangerous.

Can't make my lips move...

Don't bother me.

You idiot!

HELP! We're under heavy fire, we-agggghhh!

Griffon one, repeat last transmission. Griff-

This is Griffon Two, it's a trap-

This is Griffon Five we did not receive the lat message, repeat, instructions unclear!

######, Zekev, reverse!

Holy moly what happened?

A trap. I see a target-

BOOM!

Move!

Treads stuck!

The next explosion rocked the world.

"ARGHH!"

I shot up from my seat. The dreams. They always came.

"Cor?"

She was gone. Was she taken? No, I can't let that happen. I can't lose her-

I mean, she's the only friend I have left.

"######."

I looked around. No coffee or tea left. I took a stiff drink of Cor's alcoholic companion. I feel back to sleep instantly.

The tank was moving again.

"Cor?" I woke up, drowsy.

Edited by Norik Apple Juice
  • Upvote 3

IC: Cor Saeva - Ash Hound.

"Did you get into my drink supply?" I accused, hearing Zekev awaken. 

"You okay?" 

"Good, because you missed out on quite the interesting experience while you were asleep last night." 

"Okay, this is going to sound crazy..." I admitted, "...I heard something moving around out in the canyon, so I followed the sound into a cave and down a tunnel, and found this cavern full of... I don't even know what they were..." 

GM IC:

The skakdi shrugged and frowned, quite the sight with a face as wide as his.

"I don't think alive is the correct term here, it seems to be put into a dormant state when powered down. With the exception of situations it perceives as threatening, such as when we made to disassemble it... It reactivated automatically and began to attack until we backed off and I trapped it. Frankly, whoever made this and whatever technology they used to accomplish it is far beyond anything we've ever seen. It's far beyond the rest of the equipment you brought back from the underground base as well. It raises a whole smorgasbord of questions and answers none -"

His expression slipped back to his usual smug grin.

"-well, except maybe the question of our arms race with Seize."

...but close to it

IC: Akuavo and Ketae (Approaching Equalizer)

"Wow..." I breathe. "This would be a good place to settle, methinks," I say over the radio as Promé bounds down the hill. I take a quick glance back, finding Vehiculum in close pursuit as we make our way onto the narrow beach. Half an hour later, we find ourselves in front of the mansion, gazing up at the looming exterior.

"You think this is haunted, Akuavo?"

IC: Arkie (Circadian Level Four)

I shrug, launching a crossbow bolt at the Muaka.

IC: Lohi (Seize)

being knocked out is funnnnnnn

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

"Unless we can make more of them, I don't see how this one mech is going to solve the arms race." 

GM IC:

Internally, the Skakdi scoffed. The bloody thing had a labelling inside that listed it as IV / V. Clearly, more of these technological miracles were out there, waiting for someone to find them... With any luck, that someone would be him.

"It's got one karz of a rail gun on it, bigger than any conventional armor can field. Probably as large as the stationary cannons Seize has on it's walls. Not to mention, it's got a Kanohi. It's tucked away nice and deep, but it ain't like anything I've ever seen." The mask he was referring to was once known as a Felnas, in the Dragon's possession it allowed for the disruption of elemental weaponry and other Kanohi. "I'm sure we'll find some uses for it."

Still confused, the Muaka was a stationary target for Arkie, whose bolt buried deep into it's thick shoulder. Roaring with anger, it charged at her.

The mansion was built on a high and isolated part of the hill, the stairs leading up to the entrance climbed a good ten meters before depositing the duo on a raised balcony that served as the front porch of the building. A break in the trees granted them a good view of the Cove's center island, a rocky outcropping full of thick and dark copses of weathered hardwoods. Several pieces of furniture dotted the balcony, all of it made from pale marble. The double doors were dark hardwood and seemed to be unlocked...?

Silvery liquid pooled in the elevator Oblitus worked his way towards, it coalesced in a vaguely menacing puddle as it raced under foot and towards the reanimated monster.

...but close to it

"Okay..." I thought that over, "...is there anything useful in or on it that can be reverse-engineered for use on our other vehicles? I don't want to end up over-relying on this thing." 

That didn't look good... I shrank away from the puddle, and continued working my way towards the elevator. 

"Okay, this is going to sound crazy..." I admitted, "...I heard something moving around out in the canyon, so I followed the sound into a cave and down a tunnel, and found this cavern full of... I don't even know what they were..."

IC: Zekev

Okay, that sounded strange and foreboding.

"Could you... Describe the cavern's contents, whatever 'they' were?"

ooc: Not exactly sure where I was aiming at or who since the GM post said they were hidden. I read trees and forest so whether Doseki seen the direction of fire or just followed suit with everyone else is up for random interpretation.

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT (Rescue Party)

IC: Doseki Overheard the chatter over the radio and the enemy unit's loud speakers while his cannon was regarding another volley. He had no idea what was going on here since they were the ones who opened fire first. Looking out through his windshield he saw some more weapons discharging as he flipped the switch to his own exterior speakers. "With all due respect strangers and by that I mean none-at-all, Your crew fired on us first! We are merely defending ourselves from an unprovoked attack. So stay your weapon's fire and come out peacefully. As my cohort has stated we are on a rescue mission, not one of war!. Or we can continue this pointless fire fight where both sides will take losses!"

The Desert Rat's Cannon hummed back to life signaling that it was ready to fire another volley of large stones.

ooc: Anyone else find the following quote a bit disconcerting? Like maybe this Vortixx they are talking about or another nefarious individual has instigated this plot?

Yes...
Keep tearing each other to pieces...
I hunger for your remains...
GM OOC: Same targets as before. Written under the impression that Doseki had heard Elerc's shots and was also firing at Amaranth since Radicchio and Kain took cover behind some destroyed vehicles and not in the trees. Will edit if necessary.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png