Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Cor Saeva.

"The last time we hit a mine it was your fault," Cor reminded him, taking a hearty swig of the whiskey before putting it back under the seat. She relished in the taste of the liquid as it burned its way down her throat, warming her to the core. "I'm not as inept a driver as you are." 

She flicked a bug off the console. "Besides, who plants land mines on a beach?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Oblitus - Tunnel Entrance.

The De-Matoran weighed up his options. He could still double back, or abandon his armour and try the tunnel or the stairs. Making his decision, he climbed out the exo-suit and dropped down onto the snowy ground. He picked up his disk launcher, made sure it was fully loaded, then put an extra clip of disks in a backpack along with some rations before setting off.

He started down into the tunnel, turning his right arm so that the screen of his gauntlet-mounted smart tablet illuminated the darkness before him. He rested his disk launcher on top of his right arm, left hand holding the trigger, ready to defend himself agaisnt whatever awaited him in the gloom. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Somewhere Cold

"Of course I can feel the cold," Cor replied, "why do you think I pulled out the whiskey?" She heard the static gurgling from the radio and sighed. "These trips are so boring without any music. Why haven't you learned an instrument or something?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Do it, and I swear I'll throw you out of this tank and run you over with it. Twice." 

GM

The tunnel continued for several dozen bio, heading downwards into the mountain. After a bend, it opened into a smooth corridor. Metal walls and harsh blue-white fluorescent lights dazzling dark-adapted eyes. Various doorways led to small rooms off the main hall. Large windows granting a view into the rooms, most were bare. Only holding a few bookcases or sparse and utilitarian furniture.

A quick look into the rooms would reveal the windows were single-sided mirrors.

To the left, the corridor abruptly turned and continued on. On the right, it ended several bio away in two doors with archaic writing on them, squared off and angular compared to modern day scripts. Certainly at odd with the smooth architecture.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension. 

The De-Matoran knew when he was onto a good thing. He searched through a few of the side rooms, thoroughly checking for hidden compartments and so on before moving on to the next. If there was anything here, he didn't want to miss it. 

At last, he arrived at the junction. To the left, the corridor continued onwards, but to his right was a set of double doors that looked strangely out of place with the rest of the structure. He moved forward cautiously, disk launcher still held at the ready, his mask's scope focusing in on the door, searching for any obvious means of opening them. His movements echoed strangely in the confines of the tunnel, an eerie reminder that he was probably the first being in a long time to venture down here. 

He stopped in front of the doors, nudging them gently with the end of his disk launcher to see if anything would happen.

IC Kat/ Neuf

I was lucky, the guy had been worth more in his unharmed state, and I was the proud owner of two hundred widgets. Plus an extra fifty from the sale of the Edd. I took a look at the bounty board for my next job, and was surprised to see my own name there.

I smirked, it was only a matter of time. Treize certainly didn't NEED the suit back, they'd had at least a dozen others.

But I couldn't leave the old girl behind. Adapted from an old industrial Suit, she might have looked new and shiny, but she had an old, resolute soul.

And in my hands, she danced.

With a grimace, I tore the post off, crumpling it, and burning it with my own power.

Amazing devices, Edds. Like being a Toa, but with none of the strings.

In any case, it looked like there was some nonsense about treasure to the west.

Now, let me tell ya, other than Rahkshi and Kane Ra, I've never found much worth searching for.

Rahkshi armor's great for Suits, and Kane Ra can be sold practically whole.

Never found any sort of treasure beyond some scrapped suits and armor.

And unless they had masks or ammo still in em, those were all but useless.

As it was, I figured I'd been in Neuf for a few weeks, it was time to move on.

I needed to go to vingt, but I wasn't ready to go trudging through Treize territory just yet.

No, I'd go through seize, and through the jungle before I did that.

After stopping to buy some non perishables, I hopped back into my home, powered up, and headed out across the plains once more, keeping careful eye on my flanks.

After all, if you were hunting in the plains, it'd be easy to spot.

OoC Kat open for interaction if you want to talk to her before she gets too far.

• Upvote 2

GM

At the de-matoran's prod, a square in the door's center glowed. It was a hand shaped depression, slightly too large for a matoran. Two symbols were illuminated above the depression.

:b: :a:

As the symbols glowed, a faint sound echoed down the hallway behind the de-matoran. The soft tap of metal on metal.

"Ayy, miss! You ain' forgettin' ta pay the tariff now, is ya?" A surly fe-matoran guard shouts at Kat as she makes for the salted plains.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension. 

The Matoran whirled around, disk launcher pointed in the direction of the approaching sound. His sensitive De-Matoran hearing, combined with the eerie quietness of the place, made it easy for him to hear the noise before it could get too close. He waited for whatever it was to come around the corner at the far end of the corridor.

While his attention was focused on the immediate potential threat, his subconscious considered the symbols he'd seen.  :b:  :a:... B... A... BA? No. Ba - The prefix for the element of gravity. But what was it doing on a door? 

GM

Around the corner, the lights went off for a brief period. They came back on with a soft *pop*. Nothing came around the corner, nor were sounds of retreat heard. The only changes were subtle and barely perceptible.

Something had been around the corner.

That something was now gone.

Especially perceptive beings would've noted the change in atmosphere, previously the silence had been lush and organic, almost filled with white noise. Like the noise of the sea or deep water. Now, the silence was every bit as sterile as the metallic hallways. Illuminated by the harsh blue-white glow once more.

Behind Oblitus, the double doorway's :b::a: symbol faded away. To his side, a new panel lit up. Previously indistinguishable from the rest of the wall, it now showed a map of the facility, drawn in a top-down manner. The doors behind him were marked as elevators, the small hallway he stood in was unnamed. Around the corridor, a long hallway led to the stairwell. A squarish room located in the center of the facility. Numerals in the corner listed his current floor as the third, the building had five in total. Third, Second, First, Ground and Basement.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension (third floor)

The De-Matoran was tense, fingers tightened around the trigger of his weapon, but whatever he had heard was now gone. He didn't relax, though. This place was starting to give him the creeps. He wasn't alone in here, he was certain of it. 

He turned back towards the door, noticing the new panel with the map. Reluctantly holstering his launcher, he used a stylus to sketch out as detailed a copy as he could manage of the map - difficult to do on the smaller screen. But still... a map of Ascension? Someone might be willing to pay a fair sum for something like that. Satisfied with his work, he looked back at the doors. According to the map, they were called elevators; he wasn't sure exactly what that meant. So instead of messing any further with the things he didn't understand, he decided to move towards where he'd heard the sound. According to the map, there was a staircase at the end of that hallway. Stairs he understood perfectly.

He drew his launcher once more and advanced cautiously, listening intently for any sound of the unknown... thing... returning. Rounding the corner with his launcher leveled, he started heading down the longer corridor towards the staircase. 

"I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest if nothing happened," Cor replied, trying not to snap at Zekev at his mention of Lufon. She didn't want to think about that ######. She slouched back in her chair, pulling off her hat and putting it down on a panel beside her. "Who owned this Armour before we took it?" she asked, trying to make conversation to alleviate the boredom of the journey. 

IC: Zekev

"You like talking about this, don't you?" Zekev gave a small smile.

"The old Matoran with bad breath and worse manners. He was killed by the sharpshooters at the start of that ambush."

Zekev's thoughts turned back to that fateful day. To be honest, it scared him a lot. He had only made it out because he had run out of coffee and was cranky and refused to take point that day. He was at the rear with Cor when the Heavy Tanks blew the lid off Captain's tank.

The coincidences that happen...

"The Matoran died that day too. He was helping- I think Captain- by manning the new tank we had. I was at the back of the column sulking, and you were screaming in my ear about cries for help. We turned to shoot, but the forests were so thick. Captain told us to retreat.

"Our tank, I think it was the Grey Basilisk, broke down outside Vingt. We slid into the city, stole the last tank we had before the authorities seized it, and then, well..."

"...and then we wound up trekking from one end of the bloody island to the other with no real idea what to do with ourselves," Cor finished bitterly, "Not to mention people tracking us down and trying to kill us every few days." She grunted as the Hound lurched roughly over a patch of particularly uneven ground. "We need a purpose, Zekev."

"I have." More than just whispers, really. They were becoming screams. Shouts, calling the ambitious and adventurous out into the obscurity of nomansland to hunt unknown treasures of a bygone age. "Who knows what's out there?" she said wistfully. "At the very least, it's a fresh start for us." 

IC: Zekev

Zekev smiled a small, genuine smile. Seeing Cor's wistful looks into space made him feel happy for her.

We've gone through Karzahni and back. It's only right to give her a purpose.

"Tell you what. After we kick this little runt's ######, why don't we see if Treize or the other states could use a bit of extra firepower?"

"That's a plan I can get behind," a wicked grin spread across Cor's face. 

"Gods be praised," she said brightly, "music at last." 

The trip dragged on. Zekev listened to the music, Cor sung softly along with the songs she knew. He made more tea, she drank the rest of her whiskey. Time went by in a monotonous blur. It was tarting to get much colder outside, and Cor had to lean forward every few minutes to wipe condensation off the inside of the front view port. "I don't like the cold." she finally spoke up.

"No idea..." Cor admitted, stopping the vehicle and pulling out the map. "...I got no idea where we are..." she admitted, passing the map back to him, "...feel free to start backseat driving anytime now." 

"Thanks," she fired up the tank again and started following the route he'd pointed out, "it's nice to have someone watching my back." 

"Not quite what I meant," Cor replied over her shoulder, driving into the pass. "We are going to fit through here, right?" The last thing Cor wanted was for the Hound to get stuck, stranding them in the icy wastes.

IC Inik:

Getting in his armor, Inik thought a moment as he used the power his EDD granted him to throw a small metallic pebble at the open switch on his garage. He wasn't sure where to go, only that he wanted to go somewhere. Having no better ideas, the naive Matoran piloted Hero's Destiny towards the bounty board.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"I'd hate to die out here with you," Cor added snidely. 

"I wouldn't want our bodies to be found together and for people to get the wrong idea about us." 

"Stop backseat driving," Cor snapped, "I know what I'm doing." 

Unfortunately, he was right about that. "Shut up."