Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Cor Saeva

Several moments of blissful silence went by. Then Cor reached the end of the pass. "Where do we go from here?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

"Ayy, miss! You ain' forgettin' ta pay the tariff now, is ya?" A surly fe-matoran guard shouts at Kat as she makes for the salted plains.

IC Kat/Neuf

Normally, I'd argue the point, since I know the 'tariff' is for the merchant caravans that pass through on their way to Treize.

But today, I was feeling generous. I'd just come into some money, after all, and why not spread the love around?

I popped the hatch, leaned out, and tossed a small pouch holding twenty widgets to the Fe-Matoran. He catches it deftly, and nods.

"Keep the change," I say with a wink before sliding back into my Suit.

I gunned the old girl's engine, and we lumbered across the Plains, headed East.

OoC: Kat open for interaction.

IC: Kik - Vingt Rainforest

Kik uncloaked and caught the mech's claws with his swords. "Hey! Heyheyheyheyheyhey! Calm down! I just wanted to see who you were!" Kik said, struggling against the other mech.

IC: Lohi (Vingt Rainforest)

The Ga-Matoran growled and set Shreddah's arms moving to try and rip the other mech's swords out of its hands. "Well," he shouted over the gentle purring of the two mechs' engines, "Maybe you should have notified me before you snuck up on me like a merc."

VBWj75sh.png

IC Inik:

Inik looked at the board. A theif, and two people wanted for unknown reasons. Experimental Treize tech sounded very dangerous. And Sieze was far away. Someone called Lohi... Hmm. Inik  thought a moment, before picking a path at random and piloting Hero's Destiny that way.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

Fade in from black.

A Kanohi Kakama, angular and geometric in shape, and protodermic platinum in colour, set against a background of steel grey. An aura of dusk-grey light envelops it, shimmering and sparkling around it. Occasionally, a thin finger of bluish-white electricity discharges off the mask, before fading in an instant.

Zoom out slowly.

The worn and rusted mask is embedded in a plate of darker metal, numerous wires snaking out from it, momentary sparks of energy travelling along them. A little way above it, a metal launcher is mounted, projecting out through a hole in what must be a metallic wall behind the kanohi. Above even that, a small strip of thick glass gives a view into the outside world, but--

--the camera continues to move outwards.

The viewer becomes aware that the entirety of what must be a room is shaking and trembling, it's very walls groaning with the stress and metal clanging and rattling. The noise becomes almost deafening. A being comes into view, a dark matoran in black and purple armour standing in shade, his eyes glowing a piercing ice blue out of the shadows of his Great Huna. He is silent, unwavering and unmoving in the roaring chaos around him.

Camera pans away and then upwards.

A female matoran, bearing completely white armour and a heartlight of poison green, stands tall and firm in a raised space in the metal room. She is a stark contrast to her ally: she bubbles with excitement and activity, the wheel in front of her held tightly as she turns it,  causing the entire section to ponderously shift, adding another sound of tortured metal to the symphony. She peers through another small panel of deep glass, before pulling a lever and--

--the camera's image blurs and shakes as a ear-splitting sound resounds around the claustrophobic space. Even as the Ba-Matoran is handing the other a shell to the Ko-Matoran, the camera zooms out further, panning to the right.

Another white matoran comes into view, but this one's armour burns with intense light. Her left arm is constructed entirely of metallic pistons, gears and plate armour, which whirs and clicks mechanically as she moves to flick switches and turn dials on the wall, as does the lens of her Akaku. Everything about her is prescise and measured, carefully thought out and calculated. She puts her hand to a half-orb embedded in the metal, which glows with a blinding orange light before another thunderous sound fills the shaking room.

Camera swings round, focusing on the being on the opposite side of the cramped space.

Yet another villager, this one shining gold and deep, dark blue, the kanohi on her face a stylized mask of speed. She too shows little emotion, but moves with hidden anger, her cyan eyes betraying barely-concealed exasperation at everything around her. She hastily places her metal-armoured hand on a similar hemisphere and a strange sound emanates across the space...or perhaps it is not a sound - perhaps it is in the mind...

Camera view swings round once again, to the very front of the room...

The mechanic: stoic, sturdy and firm. He sits at a control panel, turning wheels and pressing buttons while changing gears and fixing circuitry. A multi-tasker, a thinker and most of all, a problem solver. His armour is industrial and grey-black, his mask dim purple...next to him stands a bottle of what the viewer hopes is fruit juice, but knows isn't. He wears a satisfied grin under analytically green eyes and, sipping the drink contentedly, spins a dial with a click.

Move to right and zoom in.

A tall blue warrior sits hunched over a temporary desk, every bump the place endures sending scrolls and styluses cascading back onto the floor. Somehow, he manages to remain looking regal even bent almost double in the confined area, radiating an aura superiority as greatly as an Av-Toa emits light.

He attempts to sit up straighter, before giving up, and turns to the rest of the crew. In a haughty tone, he asks:

"So...what is our next destination?"

Camera cuts to outside.

Now, everything becomes apparent.

A great monster of a machine trudges ponderously across the blackened landscape, projecting explosive force and bolts of luminescent energy in front of it, clearing a path through a mess of tanks' corpses, twisted metal husks strewn across the ground like the toys of a god.  It lives, it breathes and it destroys.

It is Jatikko.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

With a grim smile, Lohi leaped after the tree, Shreddah landing heavily on top of Kik's mech. "I'm so sorry about this," he said. "Being a fugitive is hard." The Ga-Matoran brought both of Shreddah's clawed hands down at that point, aiming to remove the swords from Minotaur by shearing off the exosuit's hands, thereby rendering it helpless and allowing Lohi to free Kik from life.

IC: Arktinen (Wherever Jatikko is)

I clamber down from the turret, high-fiving Gamma as I go, landing lightly on the floor of the main cabin. "Well, we're still sorta wanted in Treize, Neuf is, well... yeah, Vingt and Seize are boring, so I vote Nomansland!" I reply to Zeleran, beaming from ear to ear.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Kik - Vingt Rainforest

Kik struggled against the weight of the tree and the mech. The mechs hands were sliced off and Kik was helpless. He closed his eyes. "I....meant you no harm." He said.

IC: Gamma

Gamma recieved the high five and smiled a little. He sat down on the floor  and listened to the boss.

Edited by Sharkydane

I sighed. "I can't let anyone who knows where I am live. You see- I am wanted." At that point, Lohi brought Shreddah's right hand, packed with claws, right up to the vicinity of Kik's face. "How about a deal, then- If I let you live, you won't tell anyone where I am, and I get your exosuit. Deal?"

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: btw, you all have to call him "The Commander" :P

IC: (Zeleran/The Jatikko)

The floor still shaking, the tall Steltian stepped forwards a little more.

"Er...do you perceive that to be wise, Arktinen?" For reasons known best to himself, he referred to most of the crew by their roles, but he had finally broken this rule with the Ko-Matoran after knowing her for so long...

IC: (Olis/Vingt Forest)

Slash.

The smaller trees fell to the swinging, razor-sharp blades of Puple, while ones too big were nimbly ducked under.

This place would be perfect for staying out of the cities for a few days and--

--the sound of a fight emanated from further into the lush jungle...a big fight too. That didn't necessarily have to mean a lot of people, it could just mean big weapons.

Wordlessly, Purple strided towards the sound.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Pitiful. I thought you were a better shot than that, Shreddah. Let's try again, shall we?

Shreddah's claws fumbled into Minotaur's cockpit, grabbing hold of the unconscious Matoran and dragging him out into the air. With a few quick movements of the exosuit's controls, Shreddah's claws began tightening around Kik's neck. Lohi looked on wordlessly.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: (Olis/Vingt forest)

The sound was getting nearer and nearer an--

--Through the trees, Olis caught sight of two mech suits, one seemingly bearing massive blade-like claws.

They were fighting it seemed...no, one was empty, and the other was holding the driver of the first.

He recognized neither of these matoran, but if one was a member of the Guards, then they were his enemy.

For a second, the pistons and gears bunched in Purple's leg's, before it jumped with decreased gravity into the clearing, landing between the two suits, an in front of the two riders.

He raised the greypowder cannon at the clawed exo.

Kathok

Olis looked down at Kik's broken body.

####! He could have held that guy for ransom/killed him for meney if he was wealthy/important, and besides, this Miru-wearing villager in front of him might be an enemy.

"Who are you?" he asked, equally tonelessly.

Kathok

"Someone called Kik."

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko)

"Well, I mean... Err... There is a valley not too far from here I think; might be good for an ambush. Anyway, we should probably start taking what's left of supplies, ammo and fuel from the tanks we just destroyed."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: (Zeleren/The Jatikko)

Zeleren looked doubtful.

"They are mostly empty, I believe." he stated over the noise of the tank. "But let us head for Nomatoran's Land...at least until Trieze has forgotten about us a little."

Wow, this guy was being the definition of helpful. I'm the one with the gun pointed at your head.

Olis changed tack: "You're an outlaw, you say. What got you outlawed?"

OOC: Gotta go for today, bye

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC Inik:

Inik continued to walk, occasionally activating a burst of his mech's Kadin.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"Defected?"

Olis sincerely hoped this guy wasn't part of some occult cult or something...he had had enough of those in his time.

"You don't worship the Trickster God, do you?"
Most people believed this god, along with all the others, to be dead, but there were always some psycho cultists wherever you went prepared to worship anything, especially if it gave them an excuse to murder people.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC Kat/ Seize wilderness

Ash. 

It's everywhere in Seize, there's no getting around it. It simultaneously chokes the life out of everything, and makes for good crops.

Ash is a funny thing.

Luckily, my Suit has hard sealed joints, else I'd have to stop every three hours to clean out the ash. She's made for combat, after all, and we couldn't have her joints locking up in a fight.

Among the ash were scattered bits of metal; evidence of battles long past, and a few more recent ones.  Armors and Suits littered the wastelands, and all of them were picked clean. Scavengers were the only people who came here regularly, and it showed. Most of the dead vehicles were nothing but the rusted out bones of their former selves

It was practically a graveyard out here.

I kept my hand on the throttle, ready to burst into action if need be as we stomped through the bones of days gone by.

OOC: Open for interaction.