Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

GM

"I got put in here a good..." The door knocker trailed off, expressing a look of mild consternation as it contemplated the question. "Ten thousand years ago? Give or take. Before all these ugly buildings were built around me for sure, bloody sods didn't give one thought to me. I used to have a beautiful view of the sea and horizon, now it's just grey dead brickwork as far as mine eyes can scry..." He looked a little depressed about that one. "The last several thousand years were nice and quiet though after all the bricklayers buggered off. It's been loud lately," his eyes narrowed. "You aren't more of them piraka, are you?" The last question was spat as spittingly as possible as it was for a wrought bronze face to do.

OOC

Little timeskip for Kat, Lufon and Mokeron here. Despite you (the player's) assumptions, the military base is not a trap. It is merely setup for other events.

It took the combined efforts of the above and below ground soldiers a little over an hour to scour the facility for Hadals ; none were found. The atmosphere remained tense for the first half, but by the end as the last cupboards and hidey-holes were thrown into the light, it had dissipated. The gory display seemed emblematic of a mass escape or migration, as Kat had theorized, rather than an ambush or battle ritual, as some of the others had assumed. The native captain put it in a disturbingly utilitarian light, they had been culled for completely mundane reasons, rather than for some sort of theological reason. Those not able to fight or support themselves had chosen death to benefit those that could do so.

After the base had been searched, the group rendezvoused in a dining room area they had uncovered. Despite the Hadals themselves lacking technological know how, the structure itself was remarkably advanced. Flat black screens greeted them in many rooms, widgets and wingdings of all sorts that were confusing even to the members of the Vingt military, itself a fairly technologically advanced force. One room in particular had had a whole bank of computers, bookshelf sized smooth metal structures that still whirred with life and electricity, unfortunately, access was not gained, no terminal found to do so. The dining room they now occupied had a flat white, functional look to it, no square centimeter wasted. Some of the members of the group had taken seats and begun to eat their rations.

"My men eat. Then we go to the bunker on the outskirts." The native captain announced this quite plainly to Lufon and Kat. The bunker with it's yawning ingress had not been searched optically yet, but had been scouting acoustically, one of the natives was an especially sensitive de-matoran and even after a full hour of keeping his ear to the nearby ground, he had picked up nothing. Not even the faintest of tremors or soft organic sounds. It was likely as deserted as the rest of the compound.

After the four members of the 'rescue' team had departed, Sonia turned to the unprepossessing matoran, a man insidious in his plainness. "You have the same orders as before. The two newcomers won't disturb them. If any of the original team has already perished, feel free to use this." She passed him a kanohi, the subaqueous design gleamed softly under the light. "It is greatly powered and will work, even for you. Do not question it."

The beige slayer merely nodded, tucking the mask away on his person and departing to follow the others.

Luckily for the Jattiko and her crew, the Woden was equipped with radio. Quickly after the light speed signal reached Black, he responded. Voice loud and clear. "Stand down immediately and you all shall live. Continue to fight and I will be forced to kill all of you."

...but close to it

IC: Zeleran - Motara

Zeleran thought for a few moments, then sighed.

"Stand down everyone." he ordered, before grabbing the radio from the wall and holding it to his mouth.

"What do you want? We didn't come here to attack Steilh or his troops."

Kathok

GM

Black laughed over the radio, a short and harsh sound. "Yet you fired the first shot at our scouts, did you not? And that is not even taking into consideration the execution of Red." His tone was like a deep dark body of water, bottom full of gnashing and indescribably wroth monsters with a smooth and unbroken surface. "I cannot promise the safety of whoever ordered or carried out that particular offense. As for the rest of you, Stiehl requests an audience. You will be allowed to plead for clemency there."

The Woden had came to a stop several dozen bio from the Jattiko. Impassive protosteel gaze cast down at the tank, the Crast's reflective aura produced visible bending of the light at close range, so the mechanical colossus had an mirage-like quality to it.

...but close to it

IC Kat:

I hopped out of my mech, peeling open a ration bar to chew on it. This place had an eery feel to it.

IC Thak:

" 'ey now, no need to be throwing language like 'at around! We're treasure 'unters, we are. Best in the business! Thak and Zarx, at yer service." He gave a strange sort of bow.

IC: IKIRA - JATIKKO

Of course, Ikira thought. It was a terrible idea to think that the Jatikko would have a hope of succeeding in this treasure hunt.

Zeleran and Arktinen had been too quick to add the exo-suited pilots to their crew, and had become trigger happy as a result. Ikira sighed. All she could do now was bide her time.

IC: Lufon Vance - Ertrunken.

Despite everything, I still had a really bad feeling about this...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kaleva - Motara

Alright, survived that blow, now let's see if we can bring this thing dow-, Kaleva was thinking, as he approached the Woden's foot.

"Stand down everyone."

"Karz..." Kaleva pouted, bringing the Jäger back beside the armor. "I was having so much fun with the fight too."

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC Elerc:

Elerc continued walking through the halls, either not noticing Suko falling out of the chair, or ignoring him.

IC Mazex:

Mazex watched the Woden cautiously. He had nothing that would damage it, so his only choice was running or distracting it. Unfortunatly, the biggest gun they had had failed to even damage it. So Mazex waited.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM

Black ground his teeth at Arkie's comment, patience would be rewarded, he reminded himself. "Thank you for your compliance. Now, you follow me. Any attempts at trickery will be met with death." The Woden began to walk once more, each footfall shaking the ground. It was headed down the highway, towards the clock tower in the distance.

"Fair enough, skakdi. You said you were a what now?" Maeghor's tone was a little more friendly than before.

...but close to it

IC (As Hisuti): The Ga-Matoran was already outside the building as she waited for the matoran of fire and iron to get outside. *What's taking them so long...* the matoran of water sighed as she climbed up her exosuit's leg. The windscreen opened up as Hisuti jumped into the cockpit and the computers inside the machine's cockpit came to life.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

GM

"You may retrieve your companion." Black's response was succinct. Any further baiting by Arkie was left unresponded to.

Was Maeghor about to miss a chance to expound the legend of his liege and lord? Of course not! "You don't know the Old Iron King? He was only the mightiest warrior of the north! Lord of Motara, Exile of Ertrunken, Deity of Iron and Magma and Owner of the eighth Eraztun! He took on the mantles of Iron and Fire in the old times, completing his apotheosis and becoming as a god! He was exiled by the curs to the south and came here to build his own kingdom. Peace, prosperity and technological and sociological progress were paramount under his rule..." His tone became wistful and full of ressentiment. "It was a sad day when the natives, the bricklayers became suspect and jealous of him. They cast him down as the only ones that could, who else could defeat a god than his former faithful? Locked him up in the old bedlam to the west they did... Sealed his treasures right below your feet they did... Thrice-karzing bricklayers were a people of crudity without him, so they went back to their old ways of war and incinerated the whole of the south before they fell to their own hands." He paused to contemplate and draw breath. "Then I had a few thousand years of peace and quiet, it was quite nice til that piraka set up shop, and now you..." His reference to the piraka was quite biting in tone, his reference to Thak and Zarx was more inquisitive, as if he hadn't quite made up his mind about them.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC

“Sailors are navy, boss. We switch divisions and no one tell me?” The Le-Matoran quipped, shooting off a haphazard and half-hearted salute as he took up a position in the room, grinning at his superiors.

“So what’s so important we’ve got to deal with it on the first quiet day I’ve had all month?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Arkie (Jatikko/Motara)

"Woah there tiger," I laugh, seeing the beginnings of a smile on Gamma's face. "I can see what you're thinking." Breaking off that particular conversation, I say to Zel, "I'll go if 'kira doesn't want to."

IC: Suko (Treize Observatory)

I pick myself up off the ground and put myself back in the chair because I'm lazy like that follow the others, a small bottle of vodka stuffed haphazardly in my belt.

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: Vodka now exists in the world of Matoran Und Panzer.

IC (As Hisuti): *Why aren't they leaving...* Hisuti was fidgeting nervously as she waited for Elerc and Suko to get moving. *Seize's light armors and fikous could be here any second now...* the matoran of water activated her scope and scanned the cold mountains of Treize. *Still no sign of them. Good.*

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

GM

The silence was pervasive, an aura of trepidation looming over the party. At the lack of response from Kat and Lufon, the native captain had matched their silence, his men followed suit. Solemnly preparing and dining on their rations, any conversation quickly dwindled to back down towards taciturn silence, an atmosphere heavy and conscience of boding. The exact cause of this was difficult to pin down, it was likely rooted in the macabre condition of the subterranean citadel. The fact that none of the enemy had been seen, let alone, seen alive, had done little to assuage the group's doubts. Separated as they were by language, the natives were unaware of the surface people's doubts and suspicions of the whole situation, just as they in turn were unaware of the others shared worries. A little under half an hour passed before a group consisting of the native captain, the transliterate matoran and the three soldiers from Vingt made their way down onto the grounds, heading for the darkened hangar. The lights affixed to Legion cut through the darkness inside, standing safely at the ingress, the others waited for the glittering beams to sweep over the entirety of the structure before moving in.

Looting began. Cans of petrol and crates of munitions and supplies were moved to the outside, men that had been standing guard or milling about were set to fashion carts and makeshift sleds to move them back. It wasn't for nearly another hour that the keep's namesake was found, hidden at the far end of the hangar, deep in a vorago carved out of the cavern's very wall. It was clearly a tank, but resembled none any of the soldiers had seen before. It stood what must've been sixteen bio tall on two massive, saurian legs and had the over all look of a theropod. The main chassis resembling nothing more so than a dragon's visage. Though where the mouth and eyes would have been was only dull navy protosteel plate, the seams of the armor plating gave the 'face' what appeared to be a wide grin, the blank metal where the eyes should've been seemed to follow you around the room. To complete the image of a dragon or tyrant lizard, two short and powerful looking arms hung down under the 'torso' of the armor.

Behind the head was a raised platform on which two immediately visible weapons were mounted, one of either side. One was a large stout, rounded object. Vaguely resembling a radio dish. The other side bore a railgun, unlike the guns on modern tanks, the rails were open and some sort of mechanized loading system was visible. Also immediately noticeable was the sheer size of the weapon. It was easily half again as long as any the soldiers from Vingt had seen or heard of, and even powered down it had a potent air of naught but great violence. Other weaponry was surely hidden on it's being, but was not immediately visible. After several moments of awe, the natives quickly went about lighting the room with lanterns and torches, casting flicking and illusory light over the titanic armor. To it's left was a ladder, leading up to where the hatch presumably was. The native captain walked up behind Lufon and let out a long, low whistle. "This looks to be your treasure, ja?"

OOC

Ancient loot #2, Dragon. In case my flowery description was lacking, it basically resembles a tyrannosaurus rex or more accurately, Metal Gear Rex. It's got a giant railgun, nifty radar/radio system and some other snazzy tricks that have to be figured out via IC usage. If Kat, Lufon or Mokeron wish to find a rifle or something thereabouts, they are also free to do so

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Dragon.

Picking through the ample stores of weaponry, I soon found something I liked the look of: a compact, pistol-like weapon that seemed to use clips of ammunition rather than single rounds. Stuffing it into my belt, I started putting all of the ammunition I could find into a satchel. Soon after, we came across the mech/tank/dragon/whatever-the-heck-it-was. 

"This is what we came for," I grin spread across my face, and I started clambering cautiously up the ladder....

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ooc:

Ic: Grēgorios

The matoran had gotten bored of standing around doing nothing, so he went back inside. He gazed over the beauty of his machine, hand made from pieces of scrap and... other things he had found it the desert. Its yellow stood out against the black of the icy cave, shining brightly like the early morning sun, its three fingered hands large and powerful, eager to grasp. He got up on a stool and fixed himself into the cockpit of The Frivolous Excelsior, flicked open a box and pressed a big red buttton, and started it up.

The machine whirred and clicked, steam gushed out of hydraulic pipes, the roar of an internal furnace exploded life into the jetpack, blue flames gushing out of it. The machine began to stand upright, as if now becoming sentient, its arms starting to move, the fingers slowly creaking with the unuse of a century. It rolled its arm back, then another, and took one tentative step forward, then another, standing face-to-face with the hangar door.

Slowly, its metal carapace started to rise, and the feet were exposed to the light after a century of darkness. Onlookers stared on as the hangar door revealed more of it, until it was fully revealed. It walked forward, through the street, idily, as if shopping for grapes, and made its way up to the observatory, taking the more direct route of making its own way up by climbing the sheer vertical edge with its claws grasping into the side of the mountain.

When it reached the top and it heaved itself over the top, landing with a heavy clunk. Steam rose up again, and the cockpit rose up, still surrounded in steam. By the time the steam rose, The Frivolous Excelsior stood there like a giant, its owner, with wrench on shoulder, stood there with a smug expression on their face, staring at his comrades who had likewise assembled themselves in the courtyard.

"What too y'all so long?" He asked.

OOC: Timeskip to Ascension.

IC: Oblitus - Above Ascension.

It took us days to trudge back to Ascension, covering our tracks as we did. Eventually, I led the others to the cliff-side tunnel entrance that had gotten me inside the first time. "We go on foot from here," I clambered out of the Lupus, "the tunnel's too small for our exo's."

IC (As Hisuti): The matoran of water turned exosuit #71129 to face Gregorio's exosuit. "Nice machine, where'd you get the parts? I've been wanting to upgrade my exosuit for a while." Commented the Ga-Matoran as she looked at the Po-Matoran. "We have a slow Matoran of Iron and the Matoran of Fire in the observatory was extremely sleepy. They would make pathetic soldiers. Can we please go now?" Said Hisuti as she opened her cockpit and climbed out to look down on Elerc and Suko. "Hurry up, you two." Hisuti said to them.